• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They did a single night nationwide showing in theaters last night. I went, it was funny as fuck. Probably the hardest I've laughed in a movie theater since the last jackass and it felt really similar to borat. Anyone else see it? I think its available on demand now.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They did a single night nationwide showing in theaters last night. I went, it was funny as fuck. Probably the hardest I've laughed in a movie theater since the last jackass and it felt really similar to borat. Anyone else see it? I think its available on demand now.

I refunded my ticket since I wasn't feeling like going out. It's on VOD tomorrow.

Oct 29, 2017
I would have loved to have seen it with an audience of fellow greggheads but unfortunately driving the 1.5 hours to NYC on a weeknight with a kid at home wasn't going to happen. Can't wait to see it on VOD though

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
It was a real 5 bagger, really nice of them to include such a nice easter egg at the end for people who paid to see it in theatres

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Just rented this and I'm popping the pocorn now! Can't wait to see them talk about this next week.

Waiting for the VHS release.
Unfortunately the best we can probably hope for is a Blu-ray release that we can then dub to VHS for archival purposes.

-edit-
So good! Gregg trying to insert himself into the movie were probably the funniest bits. Quite a revelation about the trial too. Wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just binged all of the On Cinema universe in about a month and finally am caught up just in time to rent it this weekend.
It has been a ride.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The theater in town actually showed it on Wednesday night, so I saw it a few days early.

NOTE: I don't watch OnCinema with any kind of regularity.

I thought it was just okay. It's a lot of Heidecker by himself and I'm not sure that works so well. The character really needs other people to bounce off of.

Gregg Turkington really steals the show......I love how delighted he is to see Tim flailing and humiliated.

I thought that the "Bonus Content" after the movie was probably more entertaining than the film itself.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched this On Demand...didn't like it that much. It seems like a real wasted opportunity. I'd think the idea of Tim acting in character to real people could lead to some bigger moments ala Borat but its like they go smaller and more anti climatic than ever. There's some good moments here and there but it could've been a 30 minute special. I like the lore moments for OC heads like me.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish I could have seen it in a theater, as I think that being in that shared experience would make it even better. It was still hilarious though.