• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It was mentioned on this past week's Giant Beastcast. It's pricey, but it would be a chair I use constantly.

Does it make for a good combo work/fun chair?

Any others that I should be looking at?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
fuck gamer chairs
i got one for free and my balls and ass still hate me for it. terrible for posture. buy a good office chair instead
please
just don't buy a gamer chair,.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have one, and it's a great chair.

If anything, I almost wish I got the slightly smaller one. They armrests are just a tad too wide for strictly typing for long sessions, but it's not a huge issue. I'm 5'8" if that helps with sizing.

I've had it for about a year now and have zero complaints. A ton of adjustment points and super comfy. Seems to be holding up great from what I can see.

Edit. Is this a gamer chair? Mines all black and doesn't look tacky at all. Not to mention it has proper lumbar support. What constitutes 'gamer char'? Should it matter if our butts are happy?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Titan xl being a bigger guy and have no complaints. Admittedly pricey so I waited until they had a good sale on one.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Don't buy a gamer chair.

Try a chair out in store when they're open. Go to an office liquidator/supply reseller that are selling office chairs like Steelcase Leaps, Herman Miller Aerons, etc for a similar price to a trashy gamer chair.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I like my Omega... except for the fact that mine will keep sleeping on the one back side at the hinge. I've had to replace half of this chair in the last 3 years. For me though, I'd rather go with a Titan than the Omega.

Dec 24, 2017
The important thing is to buy the right chair for your size and needs.

I own an Autonomous Ergo 2, which has been great for me. I need the lumbar support. The pillows on racing style gamer chairs never really felt good. I think because they can travel.

The thing that sucks about buying direct is the inability to try out the chair before hand.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't buy a gamer chair.

Try a chair out in store when they're open. Go to an office liquidator/supply reseller that are selling office chairs like Steelcase Leaps, Herman Miller Aerons, etc for a similar price to a trashy gamer chair.

Where would one find something like this?

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I have the cookie and cream color Omega since the holidays, best chair I had so far after countless cheap Staples/Amazon desk chairs through out the years.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I have one, and it's a great chair.

If anything, I almost wish I got the slightly smaller one. They armrests are just a tad too wide for strictly typing for long sessions, but it's not a huge issue. I'm 5'8" if that helps with sizing.

I've had it for about a year now and have zero complaints. A ton of adjustment points and super comfy. Seems to be holding up great from what I can see.

Edit. Is this a gamer chair? Mines all black and doesn't look tacky at all. Not to mention it has proper lumbar support. What constitutes 'gamer char'? Should it matter if our butts are happy?
Lol I'm the opposite, I got the slightly smaller one (the Omega) and I wish I'd got the slightly bigger one. It's still real comfy though.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Buy a used chair from an office supply store. I got a used Steelcase Leap and I love it.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the curious, this is the chair in question. I don't understand all the trashy comments. Weirdly negative judgy shade being thrown in here.

turntable_2020_TT_pu_black_1-min.jpg

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I have friends who have this and like it. I have another brand gamer chair, as long as its not like gaudy colors, i dont see the problem with them, they're comfortable and I don't get the bad posture critique, way better posture in this, especailly with it having a tall back and me being a tall dude. Most office chairs dont actually go high enough for me, which was a huge factor in my purchase (as well as price).

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Y'all are thinking companies like Secretlabs, or Noble Chairs are remotely close to those trash amazon chairs or the DX Racers.

Both Noble which is honestly up there with herman miller, and Secret labs are really damn good chairs. Titan being insanely comfy.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have the Dota 2 one. It's quite nice and is well worth the money. I work from home quite a lot, and this was the first time I got a non-cheap chair. It is a """gamer""" chair, but it's quite comfy IMO and has a ton of adjustment options. You'll find the adjustment options in many high-end chairs like this one though. A popular one I hear is Herman Miller chairs, so I would definitely check those out.

My wife also bought a Titan as she is working from home recently. She just got the plain one, but she loves hers as well. She had a cheap chair before that was incredibly uncomfortable, but didn't know because she hadn't sat in it very long until now due to the lockdown.

jpQthIb.jpg

kERX9HB.jpg

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I have one and am quite happy with it. I have back issues sometimes and since getting this chair, I get pains much less often than when I had my old office chair from Amazon.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Dota 2 one. It's quite nice and is well worth the money. I work from home quite a lot, and this was the first time I got a non-cheap chair. It is a """gamer""" chair, but it's quite comfy IMO and has a ton of adjustment options. You'll find the adjustment options in many high-end chairs like this one though. A popular one I hear is Herman Miller chairs, so I would definitely check those out.

My wife also bought a Titan as she is working from home recently. She just got the plain one, but she loves hers as well. She had a cheap chair before that was incredibly uncomfortable, but didn't know because she hadn't sat in it very long until now due to the lockdown.

jpQthIb.jpg

kERX9HB.jpg

I just noticed, when looking at the 2nd image, in the bottom right of the back, does that part slip forward more than the bottom left side? Where it slips on the swing arm?

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
It is even, for some reason it just looks weird in that picture.

The problem is, my chair, as I described, will literally slip on the swing arm and so the bottom right of the back (looking at the backside of the back of the chair) slips forward compared to the other side. I've even replaced the whole swing mechanism and the back the of the chair and it still does this...

Also, with how I sit, man, I really needed a Titan over the Omega due to that fact that I'm not a fan of the wings in the seat of the Omega.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually just ordered one this morning. I wasn't sure if I needed the Titan or Titan XL at my size (6'3" 225 lbs.) but ended going with the Titan since it was slightly cheaper and had an earlier estimated ship date. If I end up needing the bigger one I'll just eat the return shipping.

I know at my size the Titan should be perfect, but I rest my arms "wide" when I game and every inch counts. However when I saw how wide the actual back rest is on the XL I figured I should try the normal Titan first. We'll see.

These are "gaming" chairs like Fractal Design are "gaming" cases. Yes technically, but they're not cheap gaudy crap like most others. All the reviews I've watched indicate that Secretlab makes premium products.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
fuck gamer chairs
i got one for free and my balls and ass still hate me for it. terrible for posture. buy a good office chair instead
please
just don't buy a gamer chair,.
+1
Went through a few. None of them good.
Some of the designs on these brands with the game logos, do look cool, but it's kind of a shame that every company on the market went with the car racing seat as a template. They're not designed for good posture.
After a few hours on them i always felt pressure on certain parts of the body; either my lower back or the back of my legs, etc.

As soon as i bought a good office chair which allows me to adjust everything (localized back support, seat position, arm rest height\angle, recline resistance) i never had a problem again.

It was expensive (600€) but totally worth it for the number of hours i spend on it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It was mentioned on this past week's Giant Beastcast. It's pricey, but it would be a chair I use constantly.

I am sitting on one right now as I am typing this!

Great chair...

Don't listen to all the gamer chairs haters in here... If you get an actual good one (like the Titan) it's great... If you buy a 150$ one then yeah it's gonna suck...

The 1200$ Herman Miller chair I have at work is better sure... It's also almost 3 times more expensive...

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE

I've had the Secretlab Titan Softweave for a little over a year. I definitely would not recommend it. I'm 6'2'' 180lbs if that matters. The adjustable lumbar does not really support your lower back. The cushion seems fine at first, but once you sit in it for long sessions it just doesn't give any support. The edge of the chair where your hamstrings rest is too firm as well so it becomes uncomfortable. Also when locked my chair still has a small amount of give back and forth which I've always found annoying. The head pillow forces you to adjust your posture so that you are no longer sitting ergonomically. Basically the chair is fine and does its job if you sit in it for really short bursts but if I game for a decent amount of time I'm always sore in multiple ways by the time I'm done.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a good replacement. My brother bought an Autonomous chair and I'm waiting for his impressions. I'm hoping the Herman Miller x Logitech chair offering is decently priced since I have a Herman Miller Aeron at work and I can sit in it all day without issues.

Deleted member 33515

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Y'all are thinking companies like Secretlabs, or Noble Chairs are remotely close to those trash amazon chairs or the DX Racers.

Both Noble which is honestly up there with herman miller, and Secret labs are really damn good chairs. Titan being insanely comfy.
a real issue here is that every gaming chair I've ever seen is faux leather (or actual leather), while task chairs are usually made with ample use of mesh because with leather/faux leather gets you stupidly hot and sweaty. I'll never take fake racing seats seriously in any case, however "subdued" the looks for the more somber models will be.

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Dark Knight Titan and my girlfriend has the D.Va Omega. We both love them, and it's leagues ahead of my previous E-Blue Cobra "Gamer" chair.

I'm 6' and she's 5'5" the height is perfect for both our chairs...my friend is 6'5" and he has a Titan as well, but wishes he would of gotten the XL. SO if you're taller, you might want to consider the XL.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a real issue here is that every gaming chair I've ever seen is faux leather (or actual leather), while task chairs are usually made with ample use of mesh because with leather/faux leather gets you stupidly hot and sweaty. I'll never take fake racing seats seriously in any case, however "subdued" the looks for the more somber models will be.
You can get the Titan in real leather... for $800. Also softweave at a more reasonable price. There are many options.

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
HM x Logitech chair is coming soon.

Don't get a HM Sayl, it looks cool but gave me a sore ass initially. I've gotten use to it though.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Omega for the last year or so. The cushion is a little hard for my tastes but otherwise, a very adjustable chair that should suit most. If I could do it again I would have tried some great office chairs out there before purchasing.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Titan (I'm 6'5), and it's one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever used.

Working from home has been great, and going back to work in my shitty office chair is gonna suck, lol.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Get a used Aeron and replace any worn out parts. It will last you a decade or more. I'm using one from the late 90's right now. I'm 6'2" and it's a size C/large and it's plenty big.

Mar 3, 2018
I recently got a Steelcase Leap v2, its incredible. I got lucky, because an office near me was liquidating everything and had a ton of unused chairs in their storage. Paid half its retail price for it.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Never tried a Titan but I did just buy an Omega two weeks ago and it is an absolutely fantastic chair. The 4D arm rests are great in how flexible they are and I appreciate how the seat is firmer than on my old DXRacer. A lot of people say it's too firm so I was worried about it, but an hour of use and I got used to it, now I prefer it to my old DXRacer which is very soft by comparison.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I have an office chair that I bought at Costco that has been extremely comfortable. I may look into the gamer chairs when I need a new one but their aesthetic is just not for me.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Get a used Aeron and replace any worn out parts. It will last you a decade or more. I'm using one from the late 90's right now. I'm 6'2" and it's a size C/large and it's plenty big.
yes, I think this is the way to go

there's a reason Aerons have the reputations they do

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
They're great, firm, comfortable chairs - far from trashy unless you're going in to the branded options - which don't cost the Earth. The fabric options are nice if you can be trusted not to spill the entire contents of your pantry on it.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
I have a softweave fabric type. It was well worth the cost! The nice thing about the Titan+ sizes is that they have adjustable lumbar support. I found the sweet spot for mine and it's extremely comfortable in addition to assisting good posture.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I literally just put mine together today. I bought a Titan XL because I'm a fatass. It's quite comfortable. It was very easy to put together.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
I have one it is an amazing chair. Takes a bit getting used to if you are coming from soft foam chairs. I have used it for 7 months and i have no regrets.

flipnode

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I recently went with a Herman Miller high back Cosm with adjustable arms and the wider range height adjustment cartridge to accommodate my height.

100% worth the purchase price if you sit at a desk for hours and hours.