• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
I found him the most annoying to watch.

I agree. From his "Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng Japan!" at every opportunity to the constant try-hard posing, and the over the top mannerisms. He was the one chef I didn't want to win and was actively hoping would get booted. The Japanese chef on the other hand seemed super chilled out, and I wished he had been around for longer.

Give the same concept to the guys from Masterchef Australia and it could be phenomenal.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone feel like the UK episode was a little lackluster in what food the UK had to offer?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Got to finally finish this. Really enjoyed it overall, but I was a bit disappointed with the last two episodes. Not just because my faves kept getting knocked out but the finalists/winner seemed to converge to a similar style/palate and the narration got overly dramatic. Was also disappointed for the push for Timothy by Achatz and the repeated French Laundry namedrops. Almost felt like he had a bit of an inside track.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Just got done watching this.

I really enjoyed the show overall, but

Timothy winning really annoyed me.

Was hoping for one of the Australians.

At least Darren didn't win. He was such a try-hard from the get-go.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just got done watching this.

I really enjoyed the show overall, but

Timothy winning really annoyed me.

Was hoping for one of the Australians.

At least Darren didn't win. He was such a try-hard from the get-go.
I just finished it too. Same for me. The show was entirely about how creative these people were while still making a delicious and well presented dish....
and then the guy who makes something from his own menu with almost no variation wins.

Last edited:

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished it too.
then
the guy who makes something from his own menu with almost no variation wins.
I half watched it with my wife, and the show ending like this felt like a real copout to me. All these people creating interesting dishes on the fly, and then
this guy just makes a thing he's made a hundred times
? Get outta here with that shit.