• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
AO Tennis has better gameplay for the mere fact that TWT is still broken (and will never be fixed), AO has the actual animations of the players ( which adds immersion) and there's a method and leaning curve to get good. TWT has a stronger BASE game, but it never had the chance to be refined. Now, if TWT gets a second chance, then i'd fully expect that to be the better series.

I agree 100%.. my main problem with AOT2 is the animations in general and the way the ball moves on the court.. maybe it's just my personal taste for this type of games but TWT feels better then it comes to this part.. everything else is better on AOT2.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I'm enjoying it so far. I felt like it was a real breeze in career as a Rookie (obviously) but I probably shouldn't have started on that skill level because now I'm not used to placing the ball inside the lines. I do supsect when you get to higher skill level the A.I. will become really cheap and hit impossible shots.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
Man I bought the Switch version, and it is rough. The loading times are brutal and the Frame rate is bad, not as bad as in some of the videos pre release but it still tanks often enough to make timing your hits hard. It also looks really bad I would assume that the resolution in handheld mode is lower than 540p.

My main gripe with the game is the gameplay though. The AI just doesn't make any unforced or forced error, they seem to warp to the ball a lot on the last step. So you mostly make points with winners you can't put pressure on the Oponent and force errors, at one point there will just be a brutal counter stroke.. With the framerate I find the timing to be hard, so I can't really put the ball really close to the line and if you don't do that the AI seems to be able to get the ball in a lot of the cases no matter how out of position they are. Which makes The difficulty settings a bit shit, Rookie is basically unfailable, and Amateur then already is ultra hard for me.

Career mode seems to have a lot of potential and is interesting, I hope there will be patches that improve the AI a lot and makes it more interesting.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Played a little in amateur and you can win easily against the cpu with winners and serve and volleys.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Man I bought the Switch version, and it is rough. The loading times are brutal and the Frame rate is bad, not as bad as in some of the videos pre release but it still tanks often enough to make timing your hits hard. It also looks really bad I would assume that the resolution in handheld mode is lower than 540p.

My main gripe with the game is the gameplay though. The AI just doesn't make any unforced or forced error, they seem to warp to the ball a lot on the last step. So you mostly make points with winners you can't put pressure on the Oponent and force errors, at one point there will just be a brutal counter stroke.. With the framerate I find the timing to be hard, so I can't really put the ball really close to the line and if you don't do that the AI seems to be able to get the ball in a lot of the cases no matter how out of position they are. Which makes The difficulty settings a bit shit, Rookie is basically unfailable, and Amateur then already is ultra hard for me.

Career mode seems to have a lot of potential and is interesting, I hope there will be patches that improve the AI a lot and makes it more interesting.
Not the switch version :@ ........but when you get onto the higher levels of difficulty , you actually can and do force them into errors by pressuring them , you have to be good though. It's meant to be a sim game. There's meant to be a patch soon that addresses the AI.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I had read the day one patch helped switch version. Not true? I'd love this on switch if it were good.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
AO Tennis 2 has been released in North America now. Should be available digitally and in physical form for X1, PS4 and Switch.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I just tried to buy it on the Nintendo site and it is there for 59.99 The physical version on Amazon and Walmart? 39.99... Bought it from Walmart.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
BTW big tennis fan. I have been playing SNES Super Tennis for months. I play exclusively against Don J who is a hidden character who is very hard to beat. I beat him a lot but it is not easy at all.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Picked this up yesterday at Gamestop for PS4. Haven't had a chance yet to try it out, but will be interested to hear more impressions or if any patches improve performance on the Switch, as I can see myself getting deep in the career mode if it is an easy pick up and play game. I'm still trying to capture the high of playing Top Spin 1 on the Xbox against my college roommate nightly for like a year!

Uncle00Jesse

Nov 1, 2017
Any impressions of the switch version would be much appreciated. Want to know if it's a choppy mess before buying

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump on this but I'm hoping to get some feedback about this. It looks like there's been a handful updates on this since discussion kind of died off and I'm wondering if anyone has played recently and if opinions have improved on the game. It's on sale for $16 and I've been wanting a tennis game to play.