• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless how you define the center, by becoming the far right party Republicans have hamstrung the left by forcing them to do a full court press on the rest of the electorate.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Medicare for "those who want it" is not Medicare for All. "Some kind of health care for everyone" means "healthcare for everyone", which is Medicare For All. A large amount of the Democratic candidates do not support M4A. Supporting the continued mishandling of healthcare in the United States, whether it is directly working with the lobbyists of pharmaceutical companies or turning a blind eye to the outrageous monthly premiums that only help the investors of the health industry, is not Left-leaning.

Also, the fact that "Medicare for those who want it" was said by multiple candidates on-stage truly shows where principles lie. Somehow, at this point in time, there are people who believe that some people just... don't want healthcare? What? The absurdity of it is only backed up by the media who constantly worries and woes for the loss of jobs of insurance companies, yet couldn't give a fuck about the people who die from lack of healthcare every single day. The rest of the modern world laughs at the US often, but regarding healthcare, the US is absolutely a joke.
Huh? It's not a question of not wanting healthcare at all, but wanting to keep your private healthcare instead of taking the government option.
And the current state of healthcare is not due to the Democrats. So the "whole world laughs at US healthcare" is not a thing that makes AOC correct in this instance.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
b5k6ZpF.png

The poll before it was removed, for those of you just joining us.

So the poll was removed for no reason at all then the OP was banned for a week for posting a screenshot of the poll results before it was removed for no reason at all?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a significant amount of CPC members who are hardly real progressives. It's why it's so hard to whip the caucus on anything.
I mean on economic issues yes.

Again to all you "Dems aren't left compared to the world" types if you ignore the social aspect of the policy sure.

But we don't. So the Dems are in fact left. 20 years ago post Regan they were definitely center though.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with the democrats being a center party? I'm asking for people who disagree with AOC.

I know liberal-leaning people are constantly talking about how progressive policies arent good electoral politics at all levels, so why are there so many people upset with the framing of being a center party?

I mean, if you think that the best path forward is inching to the left to avoid a stark Regress to the right, and are willing to compromise on...well basically everything...on its face that would make you effectively centered.

I mean it's great if ideologically you believe in the right to an abortion, but if you're willing to put that on the table to negotiate literally anything else, then why pretend you are to the left of center?

in reality, the Dems are center and by some approximations center right simply because they are willing to leave ideals on the table for the sake functioning" society. The only reason why you would have a problem with that framing is if you somehow felt ashamed of it. Why be ashamed of being pragmatic?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking the thread while we review reports and consider next steps. This discussion has become a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.