• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope they dont like the overly long animations, slow pacing, restrictive mission design and eternal horse rides with nothing happening as a lesson.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Link to say "boah" and "muneh" a lot

Last edited:

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Lol it's not like they are letting the younger staff direct the game. It probably means there will be a lot more little details that add personality to the game... Like shrinking horse sacks.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Both devs/studios can learn from one another.

Rockstar is the absolute best in the business when it comes to open world games.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
In terms of things like world simulation and like crafting a great overworld with interesting locations and events to find and explore, cool. RDR2 was great with that kind of sense of a living breathing world, but can't say there's a ton else I would like to see them take pointers on. I liked RDR2 a lot, but it's way different experience.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool.... can't wait to get a game over because the braindead Zelda NPC ran into the middle of a firefight I can't even see because of the janky ass cover mechanics.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
People acting like inspiration means they'll copy the animations from RDR2 and paste them on BOTW. Nowhere is it bad to play and see/take inspiration in what RDR2 has to offer.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The best game of the generation is getting inspired by the other best game of the generation. I don't know if I can handle this. I want it now.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's the best news I've heard about this game. Even better than the announcement itself.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Holy shit what the hell happened to this topic? They're just saying they're playing the game, not that "oh yeah BOTW 2 will be a spiritual successor to RDR2" or something. They mentioned the staff playing a lot of Skyrim during BOTW's development. Did that make the game have all the trappings of an Elder Scrolls game?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is brilliant news, hopefully we'll get an open world as dense and rich as RDR2. I doubt it though, RDR2 seems unattainable for even Rockstar in the future IMO, still cant believe it was possible.

BoTW world was barren and lifeless in comparison, like, a generation apart. Good news nonetheless. Also, take notes from RDR2 perfect horse mechanics.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Good.

Obviously, I don't want the same experience from BOTW 2 as I got from RDR 2, they're very different and it wouldn't make sense for a Zelda game to be as "mature" as RDR2. But RDR2's world is the most immersive world I've ever experienced in a game, and it'd be cool to see what Nintendo could craft with that level of immersive world-building in mind

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine. RDR2 focuses strongly on narrative. That's what Zelda lacks most IMO. Gameplay is still king to Nintendo, so they're not going to learn the wrong lessons from RDR2 in that department.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So what you're telling me is that the game might have an actual story this time? Dope.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
He said the same shit about Skyrim the last time around and BoTW ended up way better than that trash heap. (except for the awful browsing through a menu to use healing items thing).

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute you're telling me that game developers please games and nothing happens in a vacuum. I mean this is not a bad thing.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
My least favorite 3D Zelda, thanks to the lackluster (and lack of) dungeons, inspired by the only Open World game I've bought and never finished out of the dozens I have because it's just so blah.

Joy.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Easily.

I'd love to discuss it though. Which games do you think have it beat? Large cities, small towns, a huge amount of wildlife with incredible AI, an absolutely incredible sense of scale, a staggering amount of environment detail and diversity.

We could say there are better "open world games". But when it comes just to the world itself, and how it behaves around the player, RDR2 is unmatched

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
People freaking out is really silly to me. Yes, I'm so sure that the things Nintendo is taking inspiration from RDR2 are the bad controls and slow looting.

Last edited:

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
How about taking inspiration from Zelda! We need dungeons, nothing else matters.

But yes a lively world with NPCs with great storylines would be nice too. And guess what MM did that.