• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

"I'm not going to make judgments now," Biden told reporters in Muscatine, six days before the Iowa caucuses. "I just think that it depends upon how we treat one another between now and the time we have a nominee."

Biden had previously promised to support the Democratic nominee, "regardless" of who it is. At some stops along the campaign trail, Biden has even pledged to "work like hell" to help any of his rivals defeat President Donald Trump.

Yet on the campaign trail. The two men reflect the larger ideological battle between a Democratic establishment in which Biden has spent his career and the progressive left that has surged in influence since Sanders' failed bid for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016.

Bernie's last statement I know of about supporting the nominee:

"If it's not me, we're going to rally around whoever it may be because we understand that Donald Trump is the most dangerous president, perhaps in the history of this country – and he must be defeated."

EDIT:
Article was updated since posting this thread to be titled "Biden won't say whether Sanders could unify Dems as nominee".

Corrects to reflect that Biden was questioned on whether Sanders could unite the party as nominee, not whether Biden would support Sanders if he's the nominee.

Last edited:

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So you'd consider having a Republican running mate, but won't you consider backing an actual progressive candidate, you're showing your ass Joe.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Biden keeps telling people not to vote for him when they bring up issues not important to him so I guess he is going about this his own way.

Splendy

Oct 25, 2017
Corrects to reflect that Biden was questioned on whether Sanders could unite the party as nominee, not whether Biden would support Sanders if he's the nominee.

Correction from the article. Pretty big difference in terms of that question.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This smells of a repeat of 2016 to me

giphy.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wtf is up today with the BS headlines trying to get "Dems in Dissaray" today, this is the second after the Feinstein one.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Might not be true, tho this guy works for Biden so, you know, grain of salt:

The first bit is "yes," the second bit is "maybe."

I was super pissed when I first read it but I'm not sure there's any "there" there.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
AP doesn't usually make mistakes like that, it's not ideal but they issued a correction and updated the article and headline.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Expected of all of us but not Biden? Fuck him. This isn't going to do him any favors when he's the nominee and he's asking Sanders' base to jump on the Biden train.

edit: alright so not even a true story? sweet

Dec 31, 2017
I mean, he will in the end if Bernie is the nominee. They are competing right now so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Expected of all of us but not Biden? Fuck him. This isn't going to do him any favors when he's the nominee and he's asking Sanders' base to jump on the Biden train.

The article is actually erroneous, Biden was asked whether he thinks Bernie can unite the party, not whether he'd back him. AP has corrected.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Seems the AP misquoted/characterized Biden here, given the new title:
Biden won't say whether Sanders could unify Dems as nominee
Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.