• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The AP is reporting that an artist is painting a mural of climate activist Greta Thunberg in San Francisco, California:

800.jpeg

Andres Petreselli paints a mural on the side of a building depicting Swedish teen climate activist Greta Thunberg, Friday, Nov. 8, 2019, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

November 8, 2019

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg is staring down at pedestrians in the heart of San Francisco where an artist is painting a massive mural of the Nobel Peace Prize nominee.

SFGate reports Friday that Argentine muralist Andres Iglesias, who signs his art with the pseudonym Cobre, is set to finish the artwork of the Swedish 16-year-old in Union Square by next week.

Iglesias tells SFGate that he's donating his time to complete the work and that he hopes the mural helps people realize "we have to take care of the world."

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
how long until someone vandalizes it?

alt right people are fucking afraid of greta

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Why? I swear people do this just to see what kind of damage and vandalism will be done to them.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should have gone more abstract with the art-style, this is way too much lol

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird to do this when it meant to just look like her without her consent? Idk how to feel about it. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is another Mural of her already in Bristol which i think is better...

vegan-plant-based-news-greta-thunberg-livekindly-Cropped-1.jpg

Which i find is the route they should have went with in terms of art style. This really gives a message to the public....

This looks like that thing from Ghostbusters. I think we can do better murals for Greta than having a giant staring head plastered at the side of a building. There's something creepy about that regardless of whoever it is. Instead of a literal painting of her head how about something more symbolic.