Apex Legends announced by Respawn Entertainment (F2P Battle Royale PS4/XB1/PC) - Live Stream Monday 12PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhugeEX

诸葛亮 - 卧龙
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

This is the first 'official' confirmation of the game, coming from Geoff himself.

Here is an article with details of the game for those who missed the leak thread-

A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and it’ll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that it’ll be out this Monday.

The game isn’t officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today, it’s called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It’s a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won’t let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You’ll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.
https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956

UPDATE 1:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited to see what it’s like. As long as they keep the series tradition of silky-smooth 60FPS, I’ll definitely be in.

Jan 6, 2019
Oh, man. I'm still unsure about how this will be with the removal of titans and even more so with the removal of wall running, but I'm still excited for what Respawn has to offer.

Nibel

Enfant terrible
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I believe in Respawn Entertainment, creators of the best FPS video game of this generation

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow after the Superbowl means nothing for EU people, it's gonna be like after midnight no?

I believe in Respawn Entertainment, creators of the best FPS video game of this generation
Respawn made DOOM 2016?

I apologize

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited for this game as a huge fan of Respawn.

Pretty crazy that they were able to keep this completely under wraps and do a stealth launch.

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala
maybe i give it a shot only because i love Respawn but didnt have the opportunity to play both Titanfall games (own both) but didnt like killing bots on a multiplayer game and no the low count of players maybe i played 5 hrs in total xD

Jan 6, 2019
Do we know this for sure? Surely there’ll be heros with that ability.
Rumored by someone on Era. It seems questionable to me as well. Removing titans is disappointing but understandable, while removing wall running would be a bizarre design choice. Wall running would be one way Apex Legends can distinguish itself from the competition through a fluid, satisfying movement system. Maybe the map they designed doesn't have enough verticality for wall-running, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
I know these guys will say good things about it because they're sponsored but reading some of the tweets in this tag well I'm hyped.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ApexPartner
They've got some big names right there.

Even Muselk and Lachlan, two of the biggest Fortnite YTers from Australia with like 10 million subs each. Lachlan's daily Fortnite videos are usually #1 Trending for Gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Rumored by someone on Era. It seems questionable to me as well. Removing titans is disappointing but understandable, while removing wall running would be a bizarre design choice. Wall running would be one way Apex Legends can distinguish itself from the competition through a fluid, satisfying movement system. Maybe the map they designed doesn't have enough verticality for wall-running, though.
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.

Jan 6, 2019
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.
Maybe they couldn't find a balance between making the titans satisfying to use and making them too overpowered.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
"I may know exactly one fact about this game, and I may have absolutely no personal experience with designing this game, with what the designers have tried, or with what the designers' intentions are for their game, but allow me to solve what I perceive to be an enormous design flaw with some incredibly basic idea that I'm sure simply never occurred to them."

Eorl

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
Wait, has this even been seen before? So it hasn't even leaked and we are getting it after the super bowl? How in the heck did this stay leak free, especially if it is being launched straight after.

Status
Not open for further replies.