• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

This is the first 'official' confirmation of the game, coming from Geoff himself.

Here is an article with details of the game for those who missed the leak thread-

A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and it'll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that it'll be out this Monday.

The game isn't officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today, it's called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It's a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won't let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You'll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.

https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956

UPDATE 1:

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited to see what it's like. As long as they keep the series tradition of silky-smooth 60FPS, I'll definitely be in.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Oh, man. I'm still unsure about how this will be with the removal of titans and even more so with the removal of wall running, but I'm still excited for what Respawn has to offer.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Played some Titanfall 2 today to get hyped. Cautious, but still excited for it.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
After the Superbowl rather than during sounds like a weird choice.
Might as well announce it at any point.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
9fc.gif

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If there are no Titans, there are no Pilots, right? If so, my interest will be equal to zero.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I believe in Respawn Entertainment, creators of the best FPS video game of this generation

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very excited for this game as a huge fan of Respawn.

Pretty crazy that they were able to keep this completely under wraps and do a stealth launch.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So excited to see this in action. Would very much like to press x to time travel to tomorrow.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Excited, couldn't get into Blackout or PUBG and I'm pretty much done with Fortnite for the season. So perfect timing.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, I'm going to download it and give it a shot. It has to compete with my Fortnite time, though.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Launching a BR game when the competition is so strong, it's really courageous so good luck.

fersnake

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala
maybe i give it a shot only because i love Respawn but didnt have the opportunity to play both Titanfall games (own both) but didnt like killing bots on a multiplayer game and no the low count of players maybe i played 5 hrs in total xD

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Do we know this for sure? Surely there'll be heros with that ability.
Rumored by someone on Era. It seems questionable to me as well. Removing titans is disappointing but understandable, while removing wall running would be a bizarre design choice. Wall running would be one way Apex Legends can distinguish itself from the competition through a fluid, satisfying movement system. Maybe the map they designed doesn't have enough verticality for wall-running, though.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So EA is going to have two BRs releasing relatively close to one another?

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rumored by someone on Era. It seems questionable to me as well. Removing titans is disappointing but understandable, while removing wall running would be a bizarre design choice. Wall running would be one way Apex Legends can distinguish itself from the competition through a fluid, satisfying movement system. Maybe the map they designed doesn't have enough verticality for wall-running, though.

How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I ABSOLUTELY love titanfall 1 and 2 mp.
Even with the rumors about this, I'm optimistic. I'll give it a try.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.
Maybe they couldn't find a balance between making the titans satisfying to use and making them too overpowered.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
"I may know exactly one fact about this game, and I may have absolutely no personal experience with designing this game, with what the designers have tried, or with what the designers' intentions are for their game, but allow me to solve what I perceive to be an enormous design flaw with some incredibly basic idea that I'm sure simply never occurred to them."

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait, has this even been seen before? So it hasn't even leaked and we are getting it after the super bowl? How in the heck did this stay leak free, especially if it is being launched straight after.

Status
Not open for further replies.