• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
No I didn't, how's that balanced?
so tacticals have a respawn, thats different per ability.

Grapple has 2 charges. and has a recharge per use of like 2-5 seconds.

When your using it, it provides sudden burst speed only if you know how to use it properly.

Grapple has extremely high skill ceiling. Takes a bit to learn.

negatives are you are usually in the air, and can be pot shotted.

it allows you to be spiderman for like 3 seconds. then your on foot.

it doesnt allow you to be spiderman 24/7

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it called Apex legends btw. Feels so random. Or was Apex something in the TF universe?

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
I dont get it. if this is good, why even bother with anthem? What is EAs strategy? Pump millions into Marketing for a DOA game and stealth release a potentially better game?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So 60 players will just fly around the map like nothing.

Fun.

(Probably time restricted with cool down but still, could be problematic)

It probably will be.

The grapple is probably a pick up or class specific.

And it won't be the only power up you can choose from. Several other power ups will be present either on the map or based on the class I'm guessing.

How TF2 was set up was so a person has to choose their power. You would choose between grapple, cloak, stim, etc. Everything had it own cool down timer.

So balance wise don't worry. It should be mostly balanced.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
This very quickly went from a ridiculous rumor to actual hype. Dammit, marketing people are getting smarter.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I dont get it. if this is good, why even bother with anthem? What is EAs strategy? Pump millions into Marketing for a DOA game and stealth release a potentially better game?

Anthem is a co-op game. Like Destiny Co-op. It's PvE and It doesn't have PvP.

Apex Legends is a Hero style (Overwatch) Battle Royale (Fortnite) PvP game.

So really different from each other.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Why is it called Apex legends btw. Feels so random. Or was Apex something in the TF universe?

This is the first reference that springs to my mind.

The Apex Predators are a mercenary unit of elite Pilots led by the mercenary commander Kuben Blisk. They fight for the highest bidder regardless of moral ethics, and will do whatever is required to earn their paycheck.

https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Apex_Predators

SuperTomatto

Dec 18, 2018
"Pre-order Anthem and play Apex Legends today!!"

53bhj68.gif

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017

Judging by your post history you already talk poorly of Anthem in the demo thread and other threads. Keep in there. There's no need to branch out into other threads about different games.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It probably will be.

The grapple is probably a pick up or class specific.

And it won't be the only power up you can choose from. Several other power ups will be present either on the map or based on the class I'm guessing.

How TF2 was set up was so a person has to choose their power. You would choose between grapple, cloak, stim, etc. Everything had it own cool down timer.

So balance wise don't worry. It should be mostly balanced.

Interesting, thanks.

To the others here too.

7Z7

May 30, 2018
jeuxvideo.com had mistakenly published the game test. He was very few online but we could see the 17/20 score it smells good.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Well, if Apex Legends does well then hopefully that'll translate to greater sales for Titanfall 3 whenever that gets released.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Seems like a very short phase shift.
Wraith looks to be the least developed hero so far.

It'll depend on the charges and the cooldown, Phase Shift (before the late 2017 patch nerf) was hands down the most powerful tactical ability in Titanfall 2 (at least imo!), phasing into the upside down in a battle royale setting where you have only one life would put you in a huge advantage in 1v1 situations.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the strength of their existing branding, I would have gone for something more along these lines:

titanfallapexlegendsykj9f.png

Yes, it's a little on the nose, but I'd rather play the game behind this than what we've seen of the official branding.
But this way people don't go into it expecting a Titanfall BR, but then seeing that there are no Titans and being disappointed.

That was my biggest sticking point around the initial leak.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who paid attention to Titanfall 2's story and who didn't just by the name. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.