• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well if it was today I would expect it to appear on at least 1 store front by now, tomorrow is my guess

It seems likely to only release on Origin, and they clearly have an iron grip on how today's rollout is working, so I'm not sure this reasoning really holds water.

It's already "official" that it comes today. The Twitter had the date February 4th in the description at some point and every influencer is saying the same.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
But this way people don't go into it expecting a Titanfall BR, but then seeing that there are no Titans and being disappointed.

That was my biggest sticking point around the initial leak.

I definitely agree on this, and now that I'm seeing more in the style shift in their materials, I understand the logo choice on their end. That being said, I think the choice to eschew the thing that best differentiates their gameplay (and could play well in branding) is an odd one. I'm a Titanfall fan, and enjoy this genre, and I'm not feeling this yet. Chasing an established genre by more closely mimicking what's already there is odd, though I can imagine someone saying they're tailoring it to what works. Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Not digging the art style personally. But then again that's what stopped me from getting into Team Fortress 2.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
If anyone has Origin Premier, go download Titanfall 2 and play the campaign.
You can literally play it for free, even, Origin has a 24 hours refund policy and the campaign is under 6 hours.

Edit: I'm not advocating for this. Just stating how insane Origin's refund policy is. The game is super cheap and there's no reason to do this at all unless you're just an asshole.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
As with any hero based game, there's always going to be some heroes that I just don't mesh with and that's here as well. So far my favorite is the first two that we've seen along with Pathfinder. Mirage looks kind of silly.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exec A "Guys what if...Overwatch + Fortnite?"

Exec B "The kids will love it! Print that money!"

But seriously, I'm getting hype for this damn game.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can literally play it for free, even, Origin has a 24 hours refund policy and the campaign is under 6 hours.
I feel that's rather disingenuous, especially considering how poorly Titanfall 2 did sales-wise.

A studio that makes a campaign that good deserves to have their work supported

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Looks ... slow

Sure, it's a teaser. But from Respawn I was expecting something more fluid.

We'll see soon
Remember early Doom 2016 footage? The demonstrators always played slow as hell and everyone moaned about it. Then it came out and it turned out, no, the game is super fast, it's just also gobbledygook at full speed if you aren't the one playing it.

I think TF2 suffered from this a bit—it seemed to have a lot of very cool stuff you could do, but it was hard to really parse clips if you didn't already understand the game. For this rollout stuff, I think they're trying to lucidly demonstrate characters and abilities more than anything else—showing full-speed combat would sort of be at odds with that, especially for a three-second clip.

It might be slow, I just wouldnt jump to that conclusion based on what we're seeing right now

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I feel that's rather disingenuous, especially considering how poorly Titanfall 2 did sales-wise.

A studio that makes a campaign that good deserves to have their work supported
So..stealing from the content creators because of a technicality and their good will?

Oh, I agree, I bought it on both PC and PS4 myself, I just wanted to mention how crazy abuse-able EA's refund policy on Origin is.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

While true, think about supporting the game and the hard work the devs put into it. The campaign is excellent! The game should be really cheap now.

Edit: from your above post it's seems like you realize that. But to everyone else think about buying TF2 to play the campaign. It's fantastic.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Looks ... slow

Sure, it's a teaser. But from Respawn I was expecting something more fluid.

We'll see soon

Lol, come on. Everything seems like it will be Fortnite on crack so far when it comes to flying around and jumping and bating and beaming and shit, with 60 people at the same time and then there is one 3 second scene with just a little bit of tactical play and you say "It looks slow..."

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Yea, I've played the beta/alpha a while ago. The storm stuff is cool, but the weird jetpacking floatyiness kills it for me. Your to slow in the air someone can just clip you easily.

That games shooting is decent for third person, and being able to go prone is great. But by god the game doesn't know what it wants to be gameplay wise.

Heh, I have to try it yet.

Seems to me that, for some reason, the two games are somewhat "close" in terms of appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.