• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
shRChyp.jpg

Release today?

From reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...ding_page_for_apex_legends_has_been/?sort=new

EDIT: Respawn confirmed its not dropping today.

Hey Friends,

So between the datamining and the unintentional update about Season 1 on Origin today, there's been a lot of speculation and confusion so we wanted to give some clarity:

• We'll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It's not coming out today.
  • There's lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There's stuff in there that is very old, or things we've tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we're still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it'll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we're ready to show off what's coming next.
Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We're excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
950 coins = $10 ?

What's the logic behind making your in-game currency just slightly less than an easy to calculate 100:1 conversion ratio? Why not 1000 coins = $10?

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
How long would it take it the average gamer (say playing a couple of hours daily) to accumulate 950 coins?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Good pricing strategy. You could bundle almost anything and sell it as THE $10 package to buy and a whole lot of people will bite. Just think of all the people who will think, "this f2p game has definitely given me a pizza's worth of entertainment:.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
At 10 bucks they don't need to offer a way to earn money towards the next battlepass. That's a totally reasonable price for something that should be more than worth it.

However, with the battle pass being 10 dollars, why the hell is everything else in the shop so expensive?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's dope. I wish I knew this before I plopped my coins on pack but I'll live with it. I won't buy Microtransaction costumes normally but this I can make an easy exception for. Take my tenner Respawn, you sure as hell deserve it

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Octane look like he just came back from his Borderlands 3 audition?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is Octane actually included with the Battle Pass, or will he be extra?

I wonder if they will ever unlock the older for pay characters, once the roster starts to build up more. I get that you can just grind for them and not pay real money, but I don't play enough for all that. Maybe a free weekend or something.

Oct 31, 2017
How long would it take it the average gamer (say playing a couple of hours daily) to accumulate 950 coins?

Well, this image is probably a fake due to the grammatical error front and center. But if it's somehow true, the Apex Coin currency is paid/premium, so it's unable to be earned in-game. There is two in-game currencies: crafting materials and the 'legends tokens'(?), with the 2nd only being used for new characters and alternate skins (that actually require purchase of paid-currency cosmetics to even enable the ability to purchase).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
950 coins = $10 ?

What's the logic behind making your in-game currency just slightly less than an easy to calculate 100:1 conversion ratio? Why not 1000 coins = $10?

Perhaps the same reason a lot of things are priced XX.95. The Fortnite battle pass is also 950 vbucks.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
950 coins = $10 ?

1000 coins is $10.

The Battle Pass is $9.50 technically. So your account will always have 50 Apex Coins/50 cents you can't spend on anything. ;)

They're basically hoping you'll get so annoyed of having an unuseable balance that you'll crack and buy the $20 which gives you a 50 cent bonus "free." ;)