• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Fortnite BR is dying, Epic can finally give more time and money to the better mode, Save the World

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
50m players and 1 Mozambique kill. Loved Respawns take on this😂

962-FEC0-E-16-AD-4-F92-8-BCC-13-F60-AC7-CFD6.jpg

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's all I've been playing since it released. I'm addicted. It's simply fantastic and imo easily the best BR game out there.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am right now really looking forward to some Battlepass news. I think that will make me play it even more.

Damn, makes me wonder if EA even cares about BFV's Battle Royale mode and if it's gonna be quietly cancelled.

Oh it's coming. Streamers have been laying it and I think there is another even for it soon. Just can't see it taking of like this one, just because you need BFV.

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
The explosion of the battle royale popularity spearheaded by Fortnite helped the Apex numbers. Not necessarily "Apex is the better game".

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, amazing. I kind of thought that this would die down after its initial surge, but quite the opposite seems to be happening! Well done Respawn.

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The game is legitimately fun. It doesn't have any, what I deem, unnecessary mechanics that complicate things (building nonsense). The shooting is actually satisfying. It brought in great communication systems to allow the mic-less players to adequately communicate with their teammates.

Great game.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing because I suck but the battle pass might bring me back depending on how it is.

Bavera__

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
Well deserved, It's refreshing to see such a polished from launch game in the current videogame landscape

ESPECIALLY when said game is F2P

I can't wait for the battle pass to release

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like making F2P games F2P is a successful strategy. Keep putting loot boxes in $60 games, though.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Excellent!
I enjoy Apex Legends very much, thank you Respawn for creating this fun battle royale game!

Anyways, the Pathfinder + Arc Star, 1 Mozambique kill, and the grandpa triple take part are all awesome~

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible that they tied it into the Titanfall world. Imagine Titanfall 3 featuring an Apex Legend as its protagonist. Or Titans being introduced as a game mode in this!!

Best is still ahead.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, 50 million is nuts. I thought it was like at 20 million by now

Crazy to think its not even on mobile yet and its hitting those numbers

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to respawn. Such an amazing game.
What's amazing is that no one knew about it and it didn't even have a marketing. A good game is a good game no matter what. Other devs should take notes.

Congrats Respawn. Well well deserved.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
It's an amazing game, coming from someone who isn't too big on BR games. Great stuff from Respawn.

Now give me Titanfall 3 pls.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The explosion of the battle royale popularity spearheaded by Fortnite helped the Apex numbers. Not necessarily "Apex is the better game".

PUBG exploded BR to popularity, Fortnite just really brought it to mainstream by being more accessible and casual game (read: PUGB is mil sim lite) with faster gameplay.

"Is X, Y or Z subjectively better game" really depends on what you are looking for in BG game.

Nov 15, 2017
I call bullshit on that 1 Mozambique kill dwl.

Congrats to RESPAWN, you have become one of my favorite Devs since the release of Titanfall and i will continue to support you for as long as you continue making axcellent games. You guys are now 3/3 in my book and now im looking forward to Star Wars.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
It seems an excellent game under its frustration layer. Unfortunately, for me it's 80% running around and looting and only 20% shooting. As a shooter fan who comes from arena shooters and who likes (Team) Deathmatch in Overwatch, for example, this is very little shooting :( I wish I'd be better at this and would have a 10 kill count or so each round.

They deserve it however, Excellent microtransaction implementation for a free 2 play game, great gunplay and feeling, and sound. I hope they work on their future character design, though. Could be better.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Success for games like this makes me feel old. This is why the boomers hate us. it makes no sense.

just a few years ago, games that spent too much time putting you back in after a death were criticized for being too slow to get you back into the action. cod was praised for its fast load times, quick and constant action and killstreaks to constantly reward players. there is nothing of that sort here and its a huge success.

im happy for Respawn after that awful TF2 launch. this pretty much buys them a good 10 years at EA. but man, i just dont get it. I guess being F2P helps which makes me wonder if BF battle royale and a Sony killzone or mag or resistance F2P game will have success like this. Hell, if there is actually a need to release a $60 multiplayer only game at all. just launch MAG 2 for free and make money from skins and loot boxes. Profit.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
50m is crazy. And well-deserved. It's not really my style of game, but I hope the innovations make their way into other team games. I love how co-op works so well without needing a mic.

What are the maximum concurrent player counts?
I'm sure they're very high, but total player base is a bit unreliable for F2P games. I've played <10 matches but am technically 2 "players" since I have it on PC and PS4. I mean, why wouldn't you install it at that price!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord. Happy to see Respawn have a mega-hit considering how good both Titanfall games are.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Success for games like this makes me feel old. This is why the boomers hate us. it makes no sense.

just a few years ago, games that spent too much time putting you back in after a death were criticized for being too slow to get you back into the action. cod was praised for its fast load times, quick and constant action and killstreaks to constantly reward players. there is nothing of that sort here and its a huge success.

im happy for Respawn after that awful TF2 launch. this pretty much buys them a good 10 years at EA. but man, i just dont get it. I guess being F2P helps which makes me wonder if BF battle royale and a Sony killzone or mag or resistance F2P game will have success like this. Hell, if there is actually a need to release a $60 multiplayer only game at all. just launch MAG 2 for free and make money from skins and loot boxes. Profit.
Downtime after death is actually pretty low. You can get revived and respawned. And if the squad is killed it takes like 2 minutes to drop into a new game.
I think the higher stakes with a BR game make it more exciting.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

Eh, I've hated the "less downtime" approach to everything but arena FPS games like Quake for ages. Especially when it started to creep into the Battlefield series which has IMO been really harmed by an aversion to any downtime at all. Pacing is better than just constant wall to wall blasting in anything that's not Quake/UT/etc. Introducing killstreaks etc is where CoD started to lose me, the original game's MP was a very different beast.