• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
The only game that got me into Battle Royale.

And I love every second of it. What an achievement. I love Respawn. I only got this game because of their legacy and also because Titanfall 2 is one of my all time favourite FPS games - Single Player and Multiplayer.

But Apex Legends is just... killing it. What a phenomenal achievement. Kudos to everyone that's worked on this game.

Such an ironic situation. EA sent out Titanfall 2 between BF1 and COD:IW to die, and here is Apex Legends, kinda killing EA's bigger entry - Anthem.

I feel bad for Bioware.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
How does this compares with Fortnite growth ?

It's far faster, but I think you have to remember that it is standing on Fortnite's shoulders in many respects (as Fortnite stood on PUBG's shoulders). Everyone pretty much already knows what Battle Royale is and probably has a good idea of whether they're interested in a game like that, so you'd expect it to grow faster but also reach its peak faster.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I've hated the "less downtime" approach to everything but arena FPS games like Quake for ages. Especially when it started to creep into the Battlefield series which has IMO been really harmed by an aversion to any downtime at all. Pacing is better than just constant wall to wall blasting in anything that's not Quake/UT/etc. Introducing killstreaks etc is where CoD started to lose me, the original game's MP was a very different beast.
even apex is a bit fast for me. you fight almost constantly and most fights end up with more than 2 teams going at it, there's hardly ever a straight 3v3 battle.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
nice! gimme more boxes tho, the drip feed of boxes dries up pretty quick, really hope the battle pass is better with doling out cosmetics

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dmoe, I have come to parade.

ET4YrT1.gif

Never doubt the ruler of Outworld.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
Love the game and congrats to Respawn on the player count.

I just wish I could get these crashes under control, I had three different crashes three games in a row last night! Device_HUNG, something about shaders and one that just shut my damn PC off. /rant

Having said that, can't wait for the battle pass and I realllly hope we're not just getting a bunch of palette-swap costumes.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to Respawn. I'm well over level 50 now so I'll probably take a short break from the game until Battle Pass drops, but it's definitely my GOTY so far. Haven't had this much pure fun with an online game since CS: Source.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe there will be a Titan Fall movie someday because of Apex. Titan Fall universe, it'll probably be called Apex.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy only a month in it's grown this much. And just to think this is only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much potential for this game with new maps, legends, game modes, weapons, etc. which will continue to keep is fresh for the long haul

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats to them. Bring the battlepass already so I have a reason to play again plz

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for Respawn

Straight up this is my GoTY so far

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Game deserves so much success. The out-of-nowhere launch, the initial bombardment of streamers introducing it (and sticking with it!), the fact that the game works right out the gate after the mess that was Anthem's demo.

And to think I was so down on it with the initial screenshot leak posted here. You killed it Respawm, sign me up for that Battle Pass!

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Respawn have been creating fantastic MP games with Titanfall (with 2 having an excellent campaign as well), just not enough people played them. Glad a ton of people are finally experiencing that with Apex.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Never played a single MOBA BR game. Fortnite looked far too busy with its building aspects and PUBG has a ton of performance issues on consoles. I do wonder if I would take to Apex as an avid player of SP games.

Is it too late for a newbie like me to jump in and not get screamed at for being bad?

Ha, I feel the same way as well. Presumably this is my second biggest reason for personal reluctance to try this game.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Fortnite when it launched and thought to myself, this battle royal genre is not for me. I downloaded Apex and wanted to see what all the fuzz was about. A week later I am lvl 33 have 110 kills and 15 wins. Cant wait to get back inn, 3 player team squad made ALL the difference. Inn other words I am hooked, great gunplay, movement, graphics is ok, fast startup and matchmaking. Brilliant game and its free

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Congratz to respawn for this achievement.

Though i wonder if this game was created from the scraps of titanfall 3 what they were originally planning for TF3.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017
I tried Fortnite when it launched and thought to myself, this battle royal genre is not for me. I downloaded Apex and wanted to see what all the fuzz was about. A week later I am lvl 33 have 110 kills and 15 wins. Cant wait to get back inn, 3 player team squad made ALL the difference. Inn other words I am hooked, great gunplay, movement, graphics is ok, fast startup and matchmaking. Brilliant game and its free
lol..We have similar experiences. I played one match of fortnite and uninstalled it. When Apex launched I played one match, that went far worse than my fortnite match but i just kept coming back. I'm not good at the game by any stretch of the imagination but there's just something about it that makes me always want another match.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Great success!

Good for them. This game made me try BR for the first time, and I quit after an hour. Nothing like good old TDM

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Glad to see Respawn be successful. I'm not really a fan of the game myself (I'm kind of over online competitive FPS and Battle Royale as a genre), but they deserve a hit.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Damn that is impressive. I've had a couple of weeks of playing this game almost every day and have started to move onto other games. I will definitely be back once new characters/maps are released.