• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Just posted on Twitter by Vince:

https://www.ea.com/news/apex-legends-25-million-players

• First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We'll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here:www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine's Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don't forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.
We're also thrilled to announce that since last Monday, more than 25M players have jumped into the game, and over the weekend we had well over 2M concurrent players at our peak. Like I said earlier, what a week!

The article also notes they've had 'well over 2 million concurrent players'.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
This train isn't going to stop anytime soon. Well deserved. Respawn deserves this so much

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is really taking Fortnite's crown?

I hope so actually since it's much better imo.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
WOW insane, they really must be dancing at Respawn. Deserved the game plays fantastic.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
BTThumbsUp.gif

Well deserved it's a great game from a great studio congratulations Respawn!

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Fuck yeah. My favorite game of the year, and all you needed to do was make a good BR that feels good to play without building.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Apex is around for a while and I'm psyched that Respawn is getting so much love. Hopefully this will lead to Titanfall 3 at some point.

Just hope that some of the more toxic presences in these sorts of games stick with Fortnite, PUBG, BOBO, etc for a little while longer so that I have time to enjoy it before getting told to kill myself everytime I jump into a match

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ. Entirely deserved, hope the game is gonna be sticking around for a long time.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EA in all mainstream news reports a few months from now and beyond: "EA, the Apex company, and also known for more niche titles such as Madden and FIFA,..."

Gaz

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fantastic game. I literally haven't had this much fun online in a very long time.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. I hope they have the velocity to keep the players. It's a genuinely great game and I hope they get to jam all of their ideas into it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Not my thing but glad Respawn is doing well after TF1's MP and TF2's SP were so good but didn't meet expectations.

The surprise drop and letting quality speak for itself really paid off.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's growing relatively fast. I like to look at the total broadcasts on ps4 to get an idea on how well the game is doing. Atm fortnite is at 15k streams and Apex is 6.6k and 3rd place is COD at 1k. The growth for Apex is insane

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Power of free 2 play. The swings of this industry is savage man. I imagine Respawns future was hanging on the line for the weeks pre-release of Apex.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Hot damn.

I've played a few games and had like, zero fun, but that's probably just me not liking the genre. Game has a lot of charm and I'm super glad the Titanfall devs have a hit this big on their hands considering how their talent felt like it wasn't being appreciated.

What a turnaround from the announcement. It just goes to show that a good game is a good game, even if it's not what some people want it will find an audience.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Wow. The twitch challenge is gonna be massive. If I could bet money on it. Shroud will take first place.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Great success, yadda yadda yadda...

After revisiting Titanfall 2 this weekend, I *really* want them to add the L-STAR into ApeLeg. Pew pew!