• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cavsfan767

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Feels just like blackout. Not a fan of having to shoot a guy 20 times to kills him. Impressive numbers tho, and good for respawn. They seem like a good dev. Not a fan of all the bunny hopping lol I'm not good enough for that. To me it works in unreal and quake but not a BR.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, fuck that game!

This game is actually good.
It's sad that some people still don't see the appeal of Fortnite. It's fine not to like a game but saying completely baseless stuff isn't. Fortnite is one of the most exciting BR games, with an insane skill ceiling and insane support from Epic. Apex is great as well but very different.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Another Paragon fan. I wish they would bring some form of Paragon back to fill out their store now that they have a lot of money and stuff. They could have just let the game stay alive without any updates pretty much how Blizzard treat Diablo 3.

I'm still bitter about it. Those d-bags (almost) had the best MOBA game of all time in their hands had they listened to community feedback and kept updating it with meaningful content instead of just giving up on it for Fortnite.

The quality of the characters and their personalities was in the ballpark of what you'd find in Blizzard's Overwatch. And the gameplay was unrivaled in the Moba genre.

I was a monster with Morigesh.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
You should add the week recap video to the OP

Also lol at the people who said this game will be dead in 3 fucking weeks.

These clips are so tame compared to what Ive seen lol. They can really highlight the speed and thrill of this game with more clips.

Im someone who enjoys long BR games, but this game is undeniably well paced without feeling too fast. Impressive at 60 players, but I still want to see them do 80. And I hope they can keep up the map count like PUBG does, it seems the biggest content they can offer is maps and legends

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Move to the left, Epic Games.

This is what you deserve for killing Paragon.

Rise up, Apex.

TRfASuq.gif

Paragon being bland and mediocre is what killed Paragon.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I should maybe jump on board and start this, but I feel weirdly nervous about being late to the party, in that everyone will be good at it now and I'll be the noob stumbling in.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The game is surviving resident evil 2, kingdom hearts 3 and smash bros. It has a nice chance to become top 1 in FPS BR.

I haven't played it yet. Hoping to play it soon. Looooved titanfall 2 however. Best shooter since goldeneye on n64.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I should maybe jump on board and start this, but I feel weirdly nervous about being late to the party, in that everyone will be good at it now and I'll be the noob stumbling in.

Nah, you'll be fine, plus this game is going to grow and tons of players will join in the upcoming weeks. It only takes a couple of hours to get the grasps of things.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's very polished for a game that's in early access, has great gun play and the classes are really fun

Edit: oh the servers are not dog crap and not a laggy mess
It's not early access. It's just a polished game.

That's why it's so popular, imo. Fortnite was only popular because it was also polished, but the gunplay was crap and the building never really made sense. Apex is the first polished pure shooter BR that is f2p.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats, hopefully they keep up with Epic in delivering content and fixes. So far it looks like they have a setup than Dice with Battlefield BR and CoD's Blackout in terms of long term planning by just making it a standalone f2p game.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I guess people love anything that's free these days...I wonder how well this would do if it cost $$

Oct 25, 2017
Step aside Bioware, Respawn is the new golden child under the EA umbrella.

Delighted for Respawn though, they deserve it more than anyone

Oct 27, 2017
The growth in player count is rising so quickly that there's a damn good chance the people you'll be playing with and against are just as noobish as you.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if the next Halo had a battle royale like this but not as fun. The wind would be taken out of it's sails. I doubt it has BR but oh man.

I'm still bitter about it. Those d-bags (almost) had the best MOBA game of all time in their hands had they listened to community feedback and kept updating it with meaningful content instead or just giving up on it for Fortnite.

The quality of the characters and their personalities was in the ballpark of what you'd find in Blizzard's Overwatch. And the gameplay was unrivaled in the Moba genre.

I was a monster with Morigesh.
Yeah man, I loved Narbash, Morigesh, and a lot of the characters. I don't understand how they could just give up on it full stop, and give away the assets so they wouldn't be tempted to bring it back themselves like that. Such a good cast...

shem

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a developer I would pick to save from the scourge of ea it would be respawn. Good to see them with a hit.
Am I the only one that was bored to tears with the game!?

Here let me check.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................from my measurements yes you are actually the only one.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely huge for EA because it draws more players into Origin and those players will check out other titles.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(I know you are joking)

I truly hate when I hear people say this. What was even more stupid was hearing people from IGN on podcasts saying that BR was a saturated market prior to 2018 E3. Like tell me more than 3 BR games console players could play prior to 2018 E3. Basura.
It's nuts how people talk about a "saturated" market when there's like what, 5-6 dedicated full time BR games that are actually around and playable? Even on PC there's really not that many and it's dominated by two primary games.

They did the same shit with survival games when there are maybe 20 of those games out there.

Sandbox

Jan 28, 2019
The best thing the studio did is launch the game without offers and marketing and make the game speak for itself.

I'm sure if we saw the game months before it was released some people will attack the game and attack EA because of its bad reputation over the past years.

And They will accuse the company that it forced the studio to do BR game.

Good work from the Studio and I can not wait until I see their next project.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the appeal of Apex compared to other Battle Royales?

Faster pace, higher TTK, better movement, hero abilities, squad based gameplay - all stack up for a pretty good skill ceiling. Combine these with next tier QoL features when it comes to communicating, looting and even dropping - you've got yourself an excellent BR game.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing the studio did is launch the game without offers and marketing and make the game speak for itself.

I'm sure if we saw the game months before it was released some people will attack the game and attack EA because of its bad reputation over the past years.

And They will accuse the company that it forced the studio to do BR game.

Good work from the Studio and I can not wait until I see their next project.
The same thing worked perfectly for PUBG (though it took longer to gain major traction). Publishers need to learn that it's okay to deviate from the traditional marketing structure to put out a game every now and again. I don't need 10 trailers in a calendar year for something.

DreamVsPS2

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Dec 24, 2018
It's not early access. It's just a polished game.

That's why it's so popular, imo. Fortnite was only popular because it was also polished, but the gunplay was crap and the building never really made sense. Apex is the first polished pure shooter BR that is f2p.

What are you talking about? The gunplay is perfect and super balanced and the game is called Fortnite l, a game where you literally build forts. Fortnite gets so much crap because "only kids" play it

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another Paragon fan. I wish they would bring some form of Paragon back to fill out their store now that they have a lot of money and stuff. They could have just let the game stay alive without any updates pretty much how Blizzard treat Diablo 3.

It's another topic, but it would be great if Epic revived Paragon. Now that they undoubtedly have the resources to do so.
I kinda miss it.

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a feel-good story. Respawn never got the sales and recognition by EA from their previous games. This is just fantastic for the team.