• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
holy-sht.gif

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Fortnite on blast.

And I'm glad, the latest Fortnite patch removes fall damage for ziplines and adds an 'interact' prompt. Like a certain game that came out last week lol

And to think that people were looking forward to Anthem a week ago.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? The gunplay is perfect and super balanced and the game is called Fortnite l, a game where you literally build forts. Fortnite gets so much crap because "only kids" play it
The gunplay is simplistic in Fortnite, especially compared to games like Apex and PUBG. That's a known fact. Some people like it, some don't.

And yes the game is called Fortnite. The fort building isn't why the BR took off though. The BR took off because the other BR games were early access bugfests that ran like shit. Shooter fans tolerated the building, but the building wasn't the draw.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's sad that some people still don't see the appeal of Fortnite. It's fine not to like a game but saying completely baseless stuff isn't. Fortnite is one of the most exciting BR games, with an insane skill ceiling and insane support from Epic. Apex is great as well but very different.

I completely agree. It's a shame we can't enjoy Apex's success without talking junk about Fortnite. Both incredible takes on BR genre and no reason they can't co-exist.

Oct 27, 2017
It's another topic, but it would be great if Epic revived Paragon. Now that they undoubtedly have the resources to do so.
I kinda miss it.

Paragon buddies! I miss Sparrow and Dekker 😭

Also glad to see this game is blowing up. It's juts so good. I've completely dropped Blackout and just play regular MP on BO4 now. Got my 3rd win last night and had to literally cut the game off and go to bed to stop myself from playing. Too addicting.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is the appeal of Apex compared to other Battle Royales?

Besides the quality oozing out of Apex, there are three big problems with the three major BR titles:

Fortnite: Building things is a primary part of the game, and there are a lot of people that don't want to build anything in their BR. Fortnite was so popular that it was thought impossible that this game could be topped in popularity just two weeks ago.
PUBG: Doesn't run very well, inventory management is not great, just less forgiving in general (especially in terms of surviving sniper fire from enemies in prone)
CoD BO4: Good, but player count is going down (never sparked in popularly like Fortnite and PUBG due to being a paid title). Player count is more important than other titles in a BR game due to the size of matches.

There are other BR games that have tried, but none have THE JUICE like Apex has.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shh, we can't say stuff like this. Halo can't be degraded with this nonsense.

Not everything needs a BR! 343 shouldn't be chasing trends! Something something..
Right? The only time the trends argument can be made is when it comes to mechanics that can change a game's identity. Gametypes and modes are completely different.
I would be there on day zero but 343 has already said they aren't working on one. :(

I also recall Frankie saying they weren't remaking CE. They can lie or plans can change. 343 could do some cool stuff with the universe if they made a Battle Royale game.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The pace it's growing is just crazy, it'll have to slow down at one point, I wonder what EA thinks and if they've expected anything close to this.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
ginF4F7.jpg

if this is obliterated then I'm sure most games would *love* to be obliterated

the "if you're not first you're last" mentality around BR games is tedious. there's clearly more than enough space for them to succeed
Obliterated by still being the most popular BR game in the market?
PUBG mobile gets more players than Fortnite does across all platforms combined

Apex is wicked though,
PUBG hasn't been the game for a while and the fact it has 200,000 concurrent players means jack shit when COD in its worst years could hold double that in one console. PUBGs console versions are dogshit and the game doesn't have the clout it used to have so at this point the game is slowly dying. Look at Twitch numbers which matters a lot more then some of you are willing to admit and you'll how much more viewers fortnite gets.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Hell yeah! Finally news of a BR doing insane numbers doesn't feel kinda awkward or undeserved. Pure love for them.

Can't wait for the tourney tomorrow, I'm hoping to see Shroud's, DrDisrespect's and Ninja's teams choke against some barely known 2k viewer streamers.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the game is going to be nuts the week the battle pass launches.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's at 50 million by then.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Can they even port the source engine to Switch or iOS/Android? And how the hell would you get the feel of the game w/ phone touch controls? Guess that hasn't stopped the other BR games from finding success on mobile...

Gyroscope with touch shooting/ movement. Easily done.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA probably throwing all hands on deck to start making content for this.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I feel like a proud parent. Congratulations, Respawn. Finally getting the props you've deserved since the beginning.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to Respawn, but please add a solo mode. I want to play the game at my own pace which I just can't do with a team.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Also they are saying new legends next month with the Battle Pass, I guess that means more than one.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
The first BR game where I don't need to play with my friends to have fun. Actually the most fun mp shooter since ut99 and quake 3 arena. Some of the fights in this game even remind me of these games, thanks to the high ttk, the fast paced movement and some of the crazier abilities.Combined with the insane polish and insane qol features this is some GOAT contender at this point,at least for now.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Congrats to Respawn for being successful in such a saturated genre/game mode/ whatever you want to call it because some say it is a mode and some say genre.

Since it is now popular, there are already "Oh noes the SJWs" and "Oh noes the representation" videos going up on YouTube. Kinda pathetic, just play the game.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, 2019's Fortnite. Though it doesn't have the pop culture crossover I don't think.
Yes, the pop culture power and most importantly monetization capabilities of Fortnite are extremely difficult to replicate. It has the best aesthetic to appeal to the masses.

I completely agree. It's a shame we can't enjoy Apex's success without talking junk about Fortnite. Both incredible takes on BR genre and no reason they can't co-exist.
What's even funnier is the fact that Fortnite is the most unique out of the BR bunch so I don't understand why people keep comparing Apex with Fortnite first and foremost.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
They need to react fast and jump to other platforms and mobile to maintain the momentum. Really rooting for them, the game is a *good shooter*, not janky and some thought went into the game design (for ex ping system) and deserves to be top BR.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Big congrats, deserved.

Also, this must be why me and friends keep getting disconnected and sometimes can't rejoin each other.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
After all the stupid epic store gaebage I hope it takes a serious dent in fortnite profits .

Fortnite will still probably keep the kids because I think apex skill ceiling is alot higher then fortnites, but I am glad it could potentially mean less success for fortnite .

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad to see this game having such success. I had a good feeling about the game as soon as it was leaked, but it's even better than expected, and this success is definitely deserved.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
I wonder if EA has told DICE not to even bother with their Battle Royale mode anymore. I mean after Apex who even wants to play that? Next time don't add a single player game to a multiplayer franchise that no one was asking for.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
After all the stupid epic store gaebage I hope it takes a serious dent in fortnite profits .

Fortnite will still probably keep the kids because I think apex skill ceiling is alot higher then fortnites, but I am glad it could potentially mean less success for fortnite .
Apex is going to do more damage to other MP games, including EA ones, than Fortnite.

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Absolutely well deserved. My friend hasn't got the best hearing and the ping feature when I play with him is so useful as he always hates asking what someone said when he couldn't hear them properly. Ping feature and all the other accessibility features should be the standard moving forward in MP games.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Respawn.

This should be a wake up call to Epic, you can't just keep dumping all your ideas into Fortnite just for the sake of continually updating the game. They left the game linger in a spot where a lot of the top streamers were unhappy with the meta and additions over the past couple months and someone came along with a serious contender and for the time being stole their momentum.
Number one issue with Fortnite is the fucking bloom. Tired of rng in gunfights.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Hard to overtake Fortnite, since that's on basically every platform that's relevant today, but this is a good sign that Apex Legends could stick around for the long haul.

Now they just need to keep the momentum going with content and updates. Don't make Blackout's mistake.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
This game is really, really damn good. I always hover over the icon on my PS4 before I go to play a different game because I almost always have an itch to play it.

Definitely has almost all but stopped my Fortnite playing. Will check back in on Fortnite after the new season, but Apex is so damn good.