• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This week started out pretty awful for EA's stock. They announced their earnings and estimated future earnings, which were much lower than expected due to Battlefield V not meetings their sales expectations and Ea lowering their sales expectations for Anthem.

On Wednesday, their stock tanked about 13% due to the abode.

However, as word of mouth and player numbers for Apex legends have been getting better and better, EA's stock has been climbing. They were up about 6% yesterday and another 14% today.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/e...illion-players-in-first-three-days-2019-02-08

All in all I'd say respawn hit it out of the park between the game itself and the way they released. Glad for them to finally have some success!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
EA is about to give Respawn a lot of love. They have prevented their fate in the pit.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who would have thought that making a good finished game with minimal bugs & glitches would have this effect? :O

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
Mad props to Respawn for creating this amazing game with pro consumer microtransactions.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Wow

EA was really smart to spend nearly 500 million USD to get Respawn and atfer less than 2 years it is starting to pay off.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
It's a huge over reaction on the stock price. Traders now pricing in fortnight level of success after the game is out for 3 days

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
While impressive, it's still down 37% from it's peak last year even after this bump.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Alongside Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1, this seems like the best non-sports game EA released this entire gen. Respawn sure was a good get.

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of ironic that Respawn actively kept EA out of their design process and is making them mad bank now*... kind of like Game Designers being better at designing games than business people are at it... weird shit.

*if it's long term revenue remains to be seen, but the goodwill generated by this game is undeniable.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks at respawn better get a fat bonus.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

This is EA and Respawn's current convo

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA dun die

They Respawn 😂💯😤

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Made a small bundle on some short term calls after I enjoyed some matches two days ago. Their drop was unwarranted in the first place and Apex was just gravy on top

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
Woo congrats to the fine team at Respawn!

FWIW the publisher that has fifa ultimate team in their back pocket never needed saving

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's deserved. Apex is pretty damn fun. First BR that I managed to truly enjoy.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm glad to see video game investors are equally stupid about good news as they are about bad news, lol.

I'm sure Apex Legends will make some good money but it will not add 14% to the total value of EA's business - which would be almost 3 billion dollars! Feel free to short them the week before the next earnings release, as this will correct just like the 'Pokemon GO bump'.