Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 29, 2017
Got five wins in a row last night. Our win streaks seem to get longer each time we play lol. Two of our wins came when our random third quit or didn't load into the match too. Lifeline and Gibraltar are OP as fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
8 kills, 2 enemy squads left, get capped by a camper in one of the final circles. Okay, fair play. Both teammates die to the fucking storm. Why.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people wouldn't insist on leaving the ship straight away and flying down to one of the nearest bases, I know they want to get straight in the action but you just end up getting killed with no weapons half the time

Nov 6, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

Also, all of the Light ammo pistols are trash.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is amazing. It even got me back into TF2 SP to wrap up the last 8 achievements I was missing, which I finally finished last night getting that evil evil training run achievement. I don’t want to play TF2 MP though and start trying to wall run and double jump in Apex.

Can’t wait for the battle pass.

Oct 25, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

It’s depressing how trash the Eva is. I don’t think fire rate will fix it, you just do way less damage with it. I can routinely hit for 80+ damage per shot with the Peacekeeper. Meanwhile with the Eva I hit for 20-30. Even with increased fire rate it just won’t compete with the Peacekeeper unless they nerf the Peacekeeper.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been sleeping on Gibraltar. His shield and passive shield are middling at best, but that ult just fucking rains death. I got a squad wipe and a double kill off of that ultimate alone. Third-party a couple squads and you've pretty much won the firefight right away.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I’d like an indepth explanation on how helmets work. Does purple one (50% damage reduction they say) only reduce the headshot multiplier part of the damage or is it from the entire damage of the shot making a headshot not apply multiplier? If I have body shield but no helmet, do the headshots start depleting my life bar or does it still go through the shield bar first?

This is so beautiful.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit wtf, you can hook players with pathfinders grappling hook? Reverse scorpion on them?
It seems obvious, but it didn't even cross my mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No luck playing on PC, but after switching to PS4, I got 7 wins with randoms/my buddies in just 2 days. It's kind of crazy, probably as much as we've won in PUBG over the course of 1,5 year.

Oct 27, 2017

EVA's fine, Mozambique just needs a little more damage. Peacekeeper actively needs a nerf. Everything else is kind of fine in its role, more or less. SMGs could use deeper clips, but that's what the mag extenders are for. I'm fine with the non-Wingman pistols being kind of weak. Not every gun needs to be equally effective. And the autopistol is actually solid in the first few minutes of a game.

Jun 1, 2018
EVA's fine, Mozambique just needs a little more damage. Peacekeeper actively needs a nerf. Everything else is kind of fine in its role, more or less. SMGs could use deeper clips, but that's what the mag extenders are for. I'm fine with the non-Wingman pistols being kind of weak. Not every gun needs to be equally effective.
I'd say the full-auto pistol is better than the alternator at least? Also, agree on the EVA. Land your shots and you can down em quick.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game intentionally puts high level players with brand new ones. And it gets a little grating after awhile.

*goes into game chat and nobody responds*

*pings weapons and armor to loot up before first fight and randoms go off and die in the first fight because they didn’t want this AR*

*pinged enemy at the distance and then pinged the high ground only for the random to go headfirst into the squad of 3*

Just another day dealing with insufferable players.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game intentionally puts high level players with brand new ones. And it gets a little grating after awhile.

*pings weapons and armor to loot up before first fight and randoms go off and die in the first fight because they didn’t want this AR*

*pinged enemy at the distance and then pinged the high ground only for the random to go headfirst into the squad of 3*

Just another day dealing with insufferable players.
Play with people on Era?

Oct 26, 2017

I won a game with the RE-45 so I’ll keep it as a backup if nothing else presents itself. It’s about as good as it should be for what it is.

I think the EVA is pretty good too, it’s definitely not as good as the peacekeeper but I have horrific luck with the peacekeepers tendency to do either 100 damage or 10 damage, so I’ll take the EVA sometimes.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing around with the Prowler in training mode, seems that you can get 77 damage off a single burst from a pretty good distance if you pull slightly downward when firing. Which is better than I thought. Still probably only worth it with the full auto attachment, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the full-auto pistol is better than the alternator at least? Also, agree on the EVA. Land your shots and you can down em quick.
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

Do headshots damage shields more or do you have to cut through the shield first?
You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).

Oct 27, 2017
Headshots do like double the damage, you’ll have to break the shield to damage the health either way.
I'm just wondering if they do extra damage to shields as well. I guess it wouldn't make that much sense because who would design a shield that protects your head less.

Really wanna invest in an elite controller for this.
Yeah the reliance on the d-pad for grenades and healing makes paddles a really useful tool. I bought a paddle attachment for my dualshock just so I could map up and right to them.

Thinking back to some of my games yesterday, it might be good to add a 'shield down' sound effect comparable to the armor breaking in Blackout (maybe there is but I couldn't really tell in the thick of it). I think that's a better indicator than the changing colors. I'm also wondering if they should make the gear you pick up more visible on the character. I think it would add a more tactical layer if you could tell if someone had higher level armor, helm, and a kitted out weapon. Just a couple things that I think this game could utilize from other Battle Royales.

Oct 25, 2017
People are getting scarily good with the Wingman now. Got carried to a victory hard by a dude with just under 1k kills who would just calming stroll into a building with enemies, pop off each of them in turn with the Wingman then move on to the next group he could find.

Oct 27, 2017
It’s depressing how trash the Eva is. I don’t think fire rate will fix it, you just do way less damage with it. I can routinely hit for 80+ damage per shot with the Peacekeeper. Meanwhile with the Eva I hit for 20-30. Even with increased fire rate it just won’t compete with the Peacekeeper unless they nerf the Peacekeeper.
I’ve cleared whole squads with the Eva. Not trash at all

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just wondering if they do extra damage to shields as well. I guess it wouldn't make that much sense because who would design a shield that protects your head less.
They do. Double damage means most weapons will shred the shield pretty fast with headshots. There is also the shield-breaking noise you're describing, just like in Blackout! But you'll also know they have no shield because the damage numbers are color-coded: yellow is a headshot, purple/blue/white correspond to the level of their shield, and red means they're shieldless (and so have less than 100 health).

Dec 10, 2017
Getting a lot better at this, the previous BR's (especially Fortnite) made me instinctively passive in terms of combat, but this game's rewarding towards good aim and the rushers. Got about 10 wins alone yesterday, probably averaged about 6-7 kills a game.

EVA is a great gun close range, I think I heard Shroud say it's an "OP gun" as well. The Moz and the P2020 (or whatever its called) pistol are absolute trash and won't get you anywhere even at the beginning of the game most of the time.

Oct 27, 2017

And I never will. No but really, I create a party chat for just myself so I don’t have to listen to other peoples’ crap. Grating voices, toxicity, music playing in the background...I’m not dealing with any of that. The Ping system in this game more than makes up for the lack of voice chat.

All your other points are fair. The game is still less than a week old, though, and people are getting used to it still. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who don’t “get it” no matter how much they play.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).
that A and B tier list is a travesty.