• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).
Single fire hemlock is extremely good also, you can tap fire it super fast.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it’s just common sense things like...

Why are you reviving in the middle of this CQC firefight?! Dude literally turned his back to the enemy to revive his friend when we could’ve teamed the very last guy for the squad wipe.

I am almost dead while fighting the last dude. I need help. I said I need help. Downs me then downs the dummy who was reviving his teammate 1 foot away from our fight.

I swear. The IQ.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wanna invest in an elite controller for this.
Worth it.

I mapped the X face button to right d-pad for quick grenades. Don’t use face buttons anyway thanks to the paddles. It’s also nice to be able to slide and aim at the same time. Slide-Peacekeeper is a hot move.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had a match last night where I ended up solo. Got 2nd place because the other squad was a full team and the last circle was in a really open spot. This makes me want there to be a solo mode so bad.

Oct 27, 2017
I had a match last night where I ended up solo. Got 2nd place because the other squad was a full team and the last circle was in a really open spot. This makes me want there to be a solo mode so bad.
Getting to the finals with one team mate long gone from logging out the second he died and my duos parter and I getting killed by the third guy in the team makes me want that duos mode. I hope we hear something soon.

Oct 25, 2017
And I never will. No but really, I create a party chat for just myself so I don’t have to listen to other peoples’ crap. Grating voices, toxicity, music playing in the background...I’m not dealing with any of that. The Ping system in this game more than makes up for the lack of voice chat.

All your other points are fair. The game is still less than a week old, though, and people are getting used to it still. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who don’t “get it” no matter how much they play.
I do the same but I tried to be the “helpful teammate that clearly put too much time into the game”. Nah. I’m staying in party chat now lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: If I'm carrying a a Spitfire/Carbine/Hemlok and a Peacemaker I will leave a Kraber behind and not care at all. Its weaknesses are just too great.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Why are you reviving in the middle of this CQC firefight?! Dude literally turned his back to the enemy to revive his friend when we could’ve teamed the very last guy for the squad wipe.

I am almost dead while fighting the last dude. I need help. I said I need help. Downs me then downs the dummy who was reviving his teammate 1 foot away from our fight.

I swear. The IQ.
Panic has nothing to do with IQ. He didn't feel like he could do it alone and made a bad panic decision.

Hot take: If I'm carrying a a Spitfire/Carbine/Hemlok and a Peacemaker I will leave a Kraber behind and not care at all. Its weaknesses are just too great.
Not even a hot take, especially when the map is too small for effective sniper rifle usage. Late is good for Kraber, but super-late is Mastiff or nothing gold at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Panic has nothing to do with IQ. He didn't feel like he could do it alone and made a bad panic decision.

Not even a hot take, especially when the map is too small for effective sniper rifle usage. Late is good for Kraber, but super-late is Mastiff or nothing gold at all.
He wasn’t alone? I was literally there saying I need help with this last fight?

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah as good as the Kraber is it's a situational weapon, and if you aren't good with snipers you're better off using another gun.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll hit you up sometime! Just played with a few Era members and we won three times! Was fun.

Our highest squad kill game of the night
Hey that's me! I didn't see this post. We had a good time. I was playing with my other friends yesterday, they just don't have the killer instinct you guys had!

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Already not looking forward to the inevitable patches that change everything and make me stop playing eventually.

Happened in every BR. At some point I always get tired of adapting to the meta of the day.

Oct 31, 2017
I prefer to roll with Peacekeeper and Flatline/Spitfire combo. Keep on hearing how great the Wingman is but not sure I have the accuracy required to be good with it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite place to drop is the Airbase. It's full of containers and not many people drop or even go there.
Yeah I like it, too. Airbase, Cascades, and the small complex north of Hydro Dam if there's a beacon there and I'm playing Pathfinder are my go-to spots right now.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish people wouldn't insist on leaving the ship straight away and flying down to one of the nearest bases, I know they want to get straight in the action but you just end up getting killed with no weapons half the time
If you're playing with randoms it's likely people intentionally dropping into hot zones to get combat practice and they don't really care if they die in a few minutes.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do the areas that say “mid tier” or “high tier” loot rotate, or are they static hot spots? I know the supply ship and the blue circle obviously rotate, I’m just wondering about the unmarked areas that will sometimes say high/mid tier. I haven’t really paid attention to that.

Oct 25, 2017
Do the areas that say “mid tier” or “high tier” loot rotate, or are they static hot spots? I know the supply ship and then blue circle obviously rotate, I’m just wondering about the unmarked areas that will sometimes say high/mid tier. I haven’t really paid attention to that.
I swear that stuff is BS most of the time. I’ve dropped into hot zones only to find....one blue backpack, three white barrels and a bunch of Mozambique’s lol.

High tier my ass. A high amount of low tier things.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear that stuff is BS most of the time. I’ve dropped into hot zones only to find....one blue backpack, three white barrels and a bunch of Mozambique’s lol.

I think it just means there is like, one legendary in the area. Like the blue circle has one fully kitted weapon in it, but I believe the rest is normal. I just found a gold backpack in a high tier area last game, which is why I’m wondering. That fast heal is nutty.

Oct 25, 2017
Headshots do like double the damage, you’ll have to break the shield to damage the health either way.
I've gotten "normal" damage floaties on headshots, then hit their body and got armor icons.

Not sure what helmets do. I assume it mitigates headshot damage, but its unclear if it breaks or what.

Also MAN we had the scrappiest win last night. Me and my friend + a micless random.

We all must have resurrected each other at least 3 times. I was the only one to never die die, but they both died once and twice each requiring a respawn. Literally every 2 minutes we said "man we are so fucked"

But somehow stayed in it to the end and won it.

Oct 25, 2017

I swear. The IQ.
Some of us are just good-natured dummies who don't really have any idea what we're doing. Give us time.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Swamps is my favorite spot. It's mid-tier but there's a lot of loot and no one ever lands there. Dam -> Swamps is also solid if the circle isn't too far.

Nov 15, 2017

I landed in one of these areas yesterday and found a fully kitted wingman with all gold attachments inside one of the loot robots.
Here's the clip:

Oct 31, 2017
Hemlok or Flatline, friends?
Flatline for me. It works great at all distances.
That´s 100% me, but I play on PS4.

I think the Wingman is mostly used on PC.
Yeah PC here. Even with a mouse I need a little spray and pray sometimes.

You actually jump/drop faster when you break off. When everybody has agreed on where to go to breaking off is actually the smart thing to do.
Just figured this out as well. Makes a pretty big difference too.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You actually jump/drop faster when you break off. When everybody has agreed on where to go to breaking off is actually the smart thing to do.
That’s not really what is happening. If the jumpmaster knows how to dip and level out, they can gain the same speed boost.

How it works is you start slowing down if you’re not in a straight up dive. So you dive for half a second or so to build momentum, then level out again. This is also how you can jump to the far off landing zones on the complete opposite sides of the map.

Oct 25, 2017
On console I skip it.

Used it twice, never got a single hit. Triple take was better. I pass on the DMR as well.

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I noticed in a game last night was teammates fully ignoring the ticks. How the hell do you ignore a loot pinata like this? Guess they just don't know about em.

Status
Not open for further replies.