• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
My hands are too heavy, im trying to aim but panicking and it's clicking the thumbstick in, So while my enemy is blasting my face, I'm trying to melee inbetween shots lol

What's people's controller/sensitivity and all that at?
Turns out none of you gave advice or help etc, Elitists all over the joint here. Well i just won with my friend, Only 2 of us. Wiped them and pretty much perfect game for us. Baited them, Used specials, Revived each other etc.

So yeah screw you all *middle finger

Oct 28, 2017
Recoil. Burst is hot garbage, putting your cursor all over the place. The single shot is a laser.
Interesting. I'll give it a another go. I've always used it in burst but not really had much of an issue with recoil (I naturally hold down on the stick as I've firing intermittently).

Oct 27, 2017
I played this game all weekend. I never do that with a BR. My normal BR experience is play a few games then stop, then play a few games and stop. This game is just so good that I played it non stop.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I noticed in a game last night was teammates fully ignoring the ticks. How the hell do you ignore a loot pinata like this? Guess they just don't know about em.
This was me for like 3 dozen games, at least. I only found out about them yesterday when I died and was spectating a teammate. They’re not nearly “special” looking enough, I thought they were just part of the map.

Oct 25, 2017
What's so much better about it in single shot vs burst?
Hyperbole.

But personally I can not only land more shots, I also feel like I can land them accurately consistently. Depending on how fast you can press the trigger, I can let off over 6 shots center mass in the same time I’d be lining up my burst shots.

Maybe it’s preference, but my firefights with Hemlock got a lot better after I switched off burst and just let it rip at their stomach as fast as I can tap R.

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Am I alone in completely bypassing the Kraber? That bolt cycle timing is so slow. Headshots are one thing, but at the speed of this game, tagging anyone at range with it allows them to take cover before your next shot is ready. Also, ditching a kitted weapon for eight bullets to me is crazy. Would much rather be able to plink on people with the G7 or Longbow with a bunch of ammo.

Only time I would take the Kraber is if my alt was terrible or if I was in a position to use it in place and then pick back up my alt.

If they slightly sped up the cycle rate and maybe gave 20 bullets, it would be more tempting.

The Mastiff on the other hand is hilariously broken. I've lost games to it but won more. 20 rounds with that things is comical. If anything, give it 8 rounds and slow the cycle rate... Still love picking it up while it is a beast.

edit: I did use the Kraber to get my 300+ meter down badge. Guy got revived of course, so I'm glad they don't make you get the full kill with it to unlock the challenge.

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out none of you gave advice or help etc, Elitists all over the joint here. Well i just won with my friend, Only 2 of us. Wiped them and pretty much perfect game for us. Baited them, Used specials, Revived each other etc.

Good win. For sensitivity, generally you go as low as you can until you start undershooting things/not being able to smoothly track opponents and then slowly raise back up. But that's on PC.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good win. For sensitivity, generally you go as low as you can until you start undershooting things/not being able to smoothly track opponents and then slowly raise back up. But that's on PC.
Yeah I was gonna say, that’s terrible advice for console. lol

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).
I'd put peacekeeper and wingman as S tier with their mods.

Oct 25, 2017
First 1v1 with a Peacekeeper tonight and managed to miss every single shot lol. Good start for the evening.
Imagine having the Mastiff and choking the final fight because you whiffed all 4 shots. Dude would’ve been done in 1. Then I got teabagged.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Am I alone in completely bypassing the Kraber? That bolt cycle timing is so slow. Headshots are one thing, but at the speed of this game, tagging anyone at range with it allows them to take cover before your next shot is ready. Also, ditching a kitted weapon for eight bullets to me is crazy. Would much rather be able to plink on people with the G7 or Longbow with a bunch of ammo.

Only time I would take the Kraber is if my alt was terrible or if I was in a position to use it in place and then pick back up my alt.

If they slightly sped up the cycle rate and maybe gave 20 bullets, it would be more tempting.

The Mastiff on the other hand is hilariously broken. I've lost games to it but won more. 20 rounds with that things is comical. If anything, give it 8 rounds and slow the cycle rate... Still love picking it up while it is a beast.
I've had the Kraber once and I dropped it almost immediately, it needs to be a 1-hit knockdown to justify it's clunkiness and rarity.

Oct 25, 2017
I landed in one of these areas yesterday and found a fully kitted wingman with all gold attachments inside one of the loot robots.
Here's the clip:
I have 7 wins and I yet have to get a fully equipped gun from one of these robots. The only time I got a gold weapon it was from a supply drop and it was a Mastiff without attachments. Not that I'm complaining about that drop, but since there's an achievement for this it's a bit annoying I still had no chance to pull this off yet. And I went for the robot every time I heard its noise.

Dec 21, 2018

I'm not sure there is an option in this particular game but in Halo and Call of Duty they call it (for some reason) Clench Prevention . Have a look if its listed under controls?

Oct 25, 2017
If Kraber had two shots per reload I'd pick it up every time. But as it is it's just much easier to kill 2 or 3 guys at a time with almost any other weapon.

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say sensivity is a very personal thing. At least on my case I play with numbers until I find a satisfying point, which involves some trial and error.

That said I don't know what are the actual options for this game, because I play on PC.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know what I'd do on a controller. I guess high regular sensitivity for turning, low ADS sensitivity? I'll have to try it on my PS4 eventually.
This game automatically lowers it during ADS. But in general, console is the exact opposite of PC. You want the highest sensitivity possible that you can still aim with. That’s why most SCUF/Elite controllers have long ass right sticks.

Oct 26, 2017
I played a game with two randoms, who were speaking Spanish..I speak very little spanish..like I dont speak spanish, and the ping system just flexed it muscle totally.

The only words I heard clearly from them were "Skigazzi" (my PSN name) and "Fuck you", I think I took Wraith and he wanted it. They kinda talked shit about me the whole match even though I revived them a couple times and clutched some 1 v 2s. Then I thought they were gonna not revive me, and was just like "CMON REALLY?!" and they picked me up.

I hope this games user count remains high (I think it'll be through the roof) enough for solo / duo / trio playlist.

Oct 29, 2017
People already coming up with loot traps. that's fucked up xD
Welcome to my Lab
Lol I guess they didn't know that you can break the doors?
Thoughts on scopes? Is 2x really the most you want for most occasions and none at all on shotguns
I deal with the 4-8x on a sniper sometimes, but 2-4x is the sweet spot for long range and 1-2x is ideal for short to medium range. If I find a gold scope I generally disregard my preferences and just use it.

Oct 25, 2017

Here is my experience with the Kraber:

-Shooting down into Cascades, getting like three downs and no kills
-It actually glitching out when I reloaded it so it was stuck with 0 bullets in mag and wouldn't reload or fire unless I dropped it
-Reluctantly picking one up because I only had two ARs with 2 squads left, getting one body shot on a person running and then body shotting a wounded Gibraltar to win

Other than that, I also avoid it. I'll ping it to my squad but it doesn't feel worth it to have a slow bolt action with limited ammo in a game with these armor and healing mechanics.

Nov 15, 2017
I have 7 wins and I yet have to get a fully equipped gun from one of these robots. The only time I got a gold weapon it was from a supply drop and it was a Mastiff without attachments. Not that I'm complaining about that drop, but since there's an achievement for this it's a bit annoying I still had no chance to pull this off yet. And I went for the robot every time I heard its noise.
This was my first time finding one of these as well but it was also inside of the blue circle spawns on that map that says "Chance for high-tier loot and fully kitted weapon" so perhaps they only spawn in that area?

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The fully kitted weapon is only in the blue circle, and I believe there is only one per match.

Mastiff/Kraber don’t have any attachments. They’re just legendary with their own ammo supply that can’t be refilled.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I guess they didn't know that you can break the doors?
The team outside would rock them if they did; they had traps outside the doors as well. When you're in the middle of the gas, your character gets slow as hell.
It's pretty fucked up.

Maybe some termite out the doors would've work.

Edit, that reminds me, is Caustic the only one invulnerable to his own gas or everybody on the team?

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
This was my first time finding one of these as well but it was also inside of the blue circle spawns on that map that says "Chance for high-tier loot and fully kitted weapon" so perhaps they only spawn in that area?
They can spawn anywhere, but they're pretty rare and are usually placed in out-of-the-way places. For example in The Pit they are often high up on one of the walls.

molnizzle

Self-requested ban
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They can spawn anywhere, but they're pretty rare and are usually placed in out-of-the-way places. For example in The Pit they are often high up on one of the walls.
I think they only drop fully kitted weapon in the blue circle though. Outside of that they’ll have good shit, but not the full legendary weapon.

Nov 15, 2017
Even the ones that drop fully kitted weapons? I've found a bunch of the robots in various parts of the map but they usually drop either a single purple or gold item. I do wish they were more distinct looking so you could see them more easily.

Oct 30, 2017
"TTK is fine"

Gets dropped in two shots by a wingman.

I mean, I guess it's fine?

edit: I don't actually know wtf gun it was because it's difficult to tell them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.