Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Jan 19, 2018
Hmmm, im gonna have to try single fire hemlock and see how fast i can shoot. I play on console so its obvious its faster with a mouse click. Gotta see if its worth it for me on a controller.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, im gonna have to try single fire hemlock and see how fast i can shoot. I play on console so its obvious its faster with a mouse click. Gotta see if its worth it for me on a controller.
I’ve been on xbox and ps4 and it’s my preferred rifle doing that. G7 and single fire hemlock are my main primary preference.

Oct 25, 2017
"TTK is fine"

Gets dropped in two shots by a wingman.

I mean, I guess it's fine?

edit: I don't actually know wtf gun it was because it's difficult to tell them apart.
Could be a Wingman if you didn't have armor. 2 perfect shots from a Wingman, not much you can do about that in the early game, but at least there's a respawn mechanic when you get bad luck like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).

What platform are you on? I'd change a few things

Wingman (w/mod) and peacekeeper are S tier
r301 and r99 are A tier
triple take is c tier
hemlock is b tier
longbow is A tier (w/mod)

Oct 25, 2017
Love cheesing the bubble shield. I’ve baited and played ring a round the rosie with stragglers then smoked them with my peacekeeper lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts on scopes? Is 2x really the most you want for most occasions and none at all on shotguns
I like 1x-2x on pistols and SMGs, either the 3x or 2x-4x on rifles, and nothing on shotguns. The gold scopes rank everything, though.

Longer-range sniping with the G7/Longbow/Triple Take just isn't that effective at putting away teams unless you also have people down there cleaning up, and the Kraber comes with its own scope.

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone have issues with the healing scroll wheel on console? A few times already i've had issues with it refusing to change to another healing type. I'd also appreciate it we would scroll through healing similar to how you could scroll though throwable equipment.

Oct 25, 2017
Nov 1, 2017
There is a "Playstation+" pack for Apex up on PSN now btw.
Free if you have PS+

https://store.playstation.com/en-no/product/EP0006-CUSA12552_00-PSPLS10000000000

I think I'm actually going to buy the founders pack for this game. Feels a bit less dirty than buying pure microtransactions but I feel they should get some cash from me.
Something interesting I noticed about this: redeeming this on one PSN account makes it available for other PSN accounts playing the game. I have PS+ on my NA account, but have access to the skins, etc from this pack on my JP account. Not huge, but I didn't expect it.

Oct 28, 2017
This is pissing me off now. 3 seperate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Something interesting I noticed about this: redeeming this on one PSN account makes it available for other PSN accounts playing the game. I have PS+ on my NA account, but have access to the skins, etc from this pack on my JP account. Not huge, but I didn't expect it.
That's pretty cool.
I'm curious of how they will implement "Playstation themed" skins on the other consoles/PC when they implement cross-play eventually.

Can save the coins for the battle pass too. That’s what I’m doing.
Not a bad idea :)
I have no hurry in spending them at least as the ingame "grind" is not that bad.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I managed to surprise someone with a Mastiff and this fucker killed me in one shot from 100hp + 75 armor. No idea what he used, but my point blank Mastiff shot only dealt 78 damage, which was disappointing to say the least.

Nov 9, 2017
This is pissing me off now. 3 separate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.
Press the previous match button (Touchpad on PS4) at the main menu. There is a bar that shows what rewards you receive on your next level up.
It's not always an apex pack.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
This is pissing me off now. 3 seperate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.
I've missed out on several as well. I'm in the mid-20s and the last few seem to have not given a pack to open. Each level is supposed to give one pack plus the red currency right?

Oct 25, 2017
They become less frequent past level 20, either every other level or every 3 levels. By level 50 I heard it becomes every 5 levels, and then I think I heard the game caps at level 100 too(course I'm no where near that to verify).

Oct 26, 2017
YouTube keeps pimping the Shroud 200 loot box opening video and I know it’s supposed to make you want to buy packs too, but it just makes me bitter because you know he gets them for free.

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube keeps pimping the Shroud 200 loot box opening video and I know it’s supposed to make you want to buy packs too, but it just makes me bitter because you know he gets them for free.
Maybe I'm naïve, but I actually don't think he gets them for free. I think he's just a millionaire who doesn't mind dropping $200 on loot packs for a game that's making him rich. Sort of like how every major Fortnite streamer (except TFue) always has all the new skins.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like not having access to stuff.
Makes it way more exciting when you get a cool skin.

Opening 200 boxes is boring as fuck and defeats the whole purpose.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Got two final two squads with a random (other teammate disconnected before match began), and I'm pinging where I'd like to go (he's followed all my pings to this point), but he decided to rush in even though they had positional advantage for the time (altitude), though we were in the area where the final circle was going to close.

Kill me.

Oct 30, 2017
Pulled out my peacekeeper in a fight and it needed to reload after never being fired once? What kind of nonsense is that. It reloaded or cocked itself or something asinine. Some of these mechanics are down right stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Got to level 20 today but still having pretty frequent bugs with the PC version. Every other match my game will just freeze for 10-15 seconds and resume and about every 10 matches I'll crash to desktop. I hope these get smoothed out soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Like many others, I have had a hard time getting into BR games but something about this just clicks. It has been on my mind non-stop since it released last week. I guess it helps that I was/am a huge fan of Titanfall 1 and 2.

I've slowly been getting better and better. I've been playing with two IRL friends and Day 2 was our best in terms of success. We played like 7 matches, got 2nd in four of them and first in two.

Since that night we haven't won, but my damage output and kills keep going up. I'm learning to be more aggressive and getting more comfortable with the gunplay.

All of that said, this was not my best moment. I was trying to flank the squad that was shooting my team mate and it didn't go so well.

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled out my peacekeeper in a fight and it needed to reload after never being fired once? What kind of nonsense is that. It reloaded or cocked itself or something asinine. Some of these mechanics are down right stupid.
You done goofed.
I had that happen to me yesterday, but it was me who forgot in the middle of a fight.

Oct 28, 2017
They become less frequent past level 20, either every other level or every 3 levels. By level 50 I heard it becomes every 5 levels, and then I think I heard the game caps at level 100 too(course I'm no where near that to verify).
Damn. That sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 20 today but still having pretty frequent bugs with the PC version. Every other match my game will just freeze for 10-15 seconds and resume and about every 10 matches I'll crash to desktop. I hope these get smoothed out soon.
I definitely get like a quarter to a half-second freezes here and there, but never anything like 10 seconds. That's a bummer. I'm sure they'll be smoothing this stuff out over the coming weeks.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord I got matched with an obnoxious duo of randos. They kept destroying doors and shooting around for no reason, alerting everyone on the damn map to our presence, and going out of their way to engage faraway full squads alone and, unsurprisingly, dying alone, 100m+ away from the rest of the squad.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely get like a quarter to a half-second freezes here and there, but never anything like 10 seconds. That's a bummer. I'm sure they'll be smoothing this stuff out over the coming weeks.
Ye I get like a second freeze every so often. I thought it was my pc but glad to see it is the game. Hopefully it gets a bug fix soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord I got matched with an obnoxious duo of randos. They kept destroying doors and shooting around for no reason, alerting everyone on the damn map to our presence, and going out of their way to engage faraway full squads alone and, unsurprisingly, dying alone, 100m+ away from the rest of the squad.
A few times I've got stuck with trolls who either ride back and forth up zip lines or through wraith portals until they eventually get shot, I'm sure they find it hilarious

Oct 27, 2017
I was not ready for the recoil on the Devotion.

...Really messed up that engagement...

My only solace is that both my squaddies were alive at the time and under fire themselves, so they could never see what was happening with me.