• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Every time I see this thread on the front page it makes me cringe. It's like saying "the winner of the game is the team that scores the most points"! On its own the thread title is awful so I'm think it has to have some hidden meaning I don't know about.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Won 3 games today so far with a friend. These have been the best matches I've had so far. The last ring battles are some of the best firefights I've had in any online shooter I've played. Legendary game, can't get enough.

The game does skirmishes really well. You have those moments in other BR games, but the speed and abilities really add so much excitement to the game. The TTK also helps as a number of times Ive been able to survive long battles just because player 3 enters the game and tries to take advantage of a fight.

I feel that mid-game can have an awkward funneling of an onslaught of fights though, due to the high TTK. Im curious if this is intentional. In other BR games, you dont see as many enemies concentrated at one moment, but the mid game in AL gets insane sometimes.

I also feel like when you get to the last 3 squads, you usually hear 2 squads fighting while the last squad comes in to try and swoop up in the end. This results in a 3 way battle, or a frantic 1v1 where the 3rd team tries to take advantage of a prolonged and weakened winner.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bangalore vs Gibraltar ULTIMATE

Gibralter - Almost instant, hard to avoid in open spaces, hits a large AOE simultaneously, he can use his shield to avoid it

Bangalore - Has a long wind up (rockets come down and then explode in sequence), easy to avoid damage, explodes from A to B so its easy to telegraph, MASSIVE indicators on HUD shows were danger is.

Why would they do this? I have never died to Bangalore ult because its so easy to avoid. I feel like she needs a rework. Having two legends with the same ult, where one is significantly worse, seems lazy to me
I mean to be honest both are pretty useless. If youre in cover getting hit by one they don't do any real damage to prevent you from healing up and they have the same slowing effect on the user/team that could be pushing you so they can't even advance on you while youre healing through it. Its become a joke for my friends and I whenever were in a fight and someone uses it. Theres literally no reason to worry about either unless youre getting sniped at, and since most characters have movement abilities to get them into cover on short cool downs this shouldn't even be that frequent of an issue.

With regards to your exact question, Bangalore is a much better character so giving her a worse version of his ult isn't a huge issue for me.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Man this game is just so amazing...for some reason, this game doesn't get me as anxious as when I play a game like PUBG

Oh and just tried Wraith, and she is fuuuuuuuunnnnnnn
Yes, I really dislike the anxious feeling other BRs give me. Every second of playing Fortnite feels like I'm just waiting for some dude to build a condominium over my head and then 1-pump me for 200+ damage.

This is much more relaxing. Blackout didn't really make me anxious, but I just straight up did not enjoy playing that game at all.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Personal take on legend tier list below. Keep in mind I don't think any legend is non-viable or terrible.

S Tier: Legends with a uniformly strong kit, no real weaknesses in any of their abilities
  • Wraith: Three excellent, useful abilities, with probably the best passive in the game which means it's impossible to sneak up on her. Invincibility on a 19 second cooldown. High skill ceiling with her ultimate.
  • Lifeline: Again, all three of her abilities are excellent and she has the best ultimate in the game; having purple-tier armor is practically mandatory once you get down to the final 4 teams and Lifeline's ultimate makes sure you have it.
A Tier: Legends with two very strong abilities in their kit, but with a third ability that is only "ok"
  • Bangalore: Smoke is the best tactical skill in the game, particularly since the current meta favors rushdown and CQC tactics, and her passive is also amazing. If they shoot you ONCE you can pop smoke, passive ultra-dash through and be on top of them in a blink of an eye. Basically S Tier but her ultimate being kind of eh and more of a zoning tool knocks her out of S tier for me.
  • Gibraltar: Extremely useful tactical and ultimate skills that balance defense and offense. His ultimate can literally win games single-handedly when you're down to two teams and the circle is in the open. Like Bangalore he has one skill, his passive, which is only "ok" and that knocks him down to A tier.
B Tier: Legends with a mixed bag of abilities with either no standout abilities or only one really good ability.
  • Bloodhound: Looks amazing on paper but in practice with the way the game plays currently isn't as hot. Wallhacks are great but it's not really usable in combat as it doesn't show where enemies are moving to, and the cooldown is too long for it to be used consistently enough to prevent you being snuck up on, and the range isn't great. Ultimate is the best in this tier with potential team-wipe ability.
  • Mirage: Decoy is amazing and up there with smoke and into the void as the best tacticals in the game. Ultimate is a great get out jail free card but Wraith gets an arguably better version of it on a 19 second cooldown. Passive is utterly useless.
  • Pathfinder: Extremely high skill ceiling with his grapple lets you make some flashy solo plays but it's not super consistent. Ultimate is fun but ziplines to most key locations are already all over the map and it's more of a nice-to-have. Can see the next circle but would be way more useful in a game like PUBG that rewards good bunkering more as opposed to the all-out-aggression of Apex.
Caustic Tier
  • Caustic: Just too situational to be rated other than bottom of the barrel. His passive really should just be intrinsic to his tactical and ultimate and his two active skills require CQC in an urban environment; even then they both a) don't spread far enough b) don't do enough damage and c) also mess up your teammates. Can do some fun stuff if the circle is in buildings very late game, but not much else.

I would sign this. I pretty much completely agree. Especially with Bloodhound being amazing in paper but in general just not working out.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Mastiff work the same way it did in TF2? Quick ADS gives tighter groupings?

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame this Founders Pack is trash tier, they need to up their skin game in general.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
with the caveat that i don't think tiers really make sense in a vacuum, i think pathfinder is absolutely at least A-tier. I also think that in experienced hands, against experienced players, Caustic is going to turn out to be considerably more consistent and useful than Mirage. Mirage benefits enormously from people not really knowing how he works or what to look for, whereas Caustic suffers disproportionately from being played poorly

also why is typing on this site on mobile so bad

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we all agree that the beginning of the game (descending into the map) is the most hype-inducing intro of any multiplayer shooter? That music, the 3 members of the team flying in synchronicity, the colored smoke left behind...amazing.

Jan 4, 2018
Y'all sleepin' on the Pathfinder-Caustic combo of surveying for the next ring and then setting up gas mines at every entrance before other teams show up. Keep a sniper at either end and a shotgun patrolling the halls, you've got yourself a well-guarded fortress until the next round where you rinse and repeat.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Every time I see this thread on the front page it makes me cringe. It's like saying "the winner of the game is the team that scores the most points"! On its own the thread title is awful so I'm think it has to have some hidden meaning I don't know about.
It's a line from Titanfall 2, I think they say it in one of the Apex trailers too

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
This game is really making me want a new GPU.

GTX 1070

At 1080p, with a mix of med/high and fov at 100 I'm getting ~75-85fps most of the time. I really like having 90-100 at a minimum because I really feel the chug below that, even with GSync. The performance gain from turning down the features is not so great for the decrease in visuals.

Maybe I'll put a bit of work in to OC.

Playing this weekend made me decide to jump start my PC upgrade plans. The game looks so bad on my computer I feel like it's making me a worse player.

New GPU coming this week.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Personal take on legend tier list below. Keep in mind I don't think any legend is non-viable or terrible.

S Tier: Legends with a uniformly strong kit, no real weaknesses in any of their abilities
  • Wraith: Three excellent, useful abilities, with probably the best passive in the game which means it's impossible to sneak up on her. Invincibility on a 19 second cooldown. High skill ceiling with her ultimate.
  • Lifeline: Again, all three of her abilities are excellent and she has the best ultimate in the game; having purple-tier armor is practically mandatory once you get down to the final 4 teams and Lifeline's ultimate makes sure you have it. Fast rez with a shield, can heal her health AND her shield simultaneously (and faster than other characters), etc.
A Tier: Legends with two very strong abilities in their kit, but with a third ability that is only "ok"
  • Bangalore: Smoke is the best tactical skill in the game, particularly since the current meta favors rushdown and CQC tactics, and her passive is also amazing. If they shoot you ONCE you can pop smoke, passive ultra-dash through and be on top of them in a blink of an eye. Basically S Tier but her ultimate being kind of eh and more of a zoning tool knocks her out of S tier for me.
  • Gibraltar: Extremely useful tactical and ultimate skills that balance defense and offense. His ultimate can literally win games single-handedly when you're down to two teams and the circle is in the open. Like Bangalore he has one skill, his passive, which is only "ok" and that knocks him down to A tier.
B Tier: Legends with a mixed bag of abilities with either no standout abilities or only one really good ability.
  • Bloodhound: Looks amazing on paper but in practice with the way the game plays currently isn't as hot. Wallhacks are great but it's not really usable in combat as it doesn't show where enemies are moving to, and the cooldown is too long for it to be used consistently enough to prevent you being snuck up on, and the range isn't great. Ultimate is the best in this tier with potential team-wipe ability.
  • Mirage: Decoy is amazing and up there with smoke and into the void as the best tacticals in the game. Ultimate is a great get out jail free card but Wraith gets an arguably better version of it on a 19 second cooldown. Passive is utterly useless.
  • Pathfinder: Extremely high skill ceiling with his grapple lets you make some flashy solo plays but it's not super consistent. Ultimate is fun but ziplines to most key locations are already all over the map and it's more of a nice-to-have. Can see the next circle but would be way more useful in a game like PUBG that rewards good bunkering more as opposed to the all-out-aggression of Apex.
Caustic Tier
  • Caustic: Just too situational to be rated other than bottom of the barrel. His passive really should just be intrinsic to his tactical and ultimate and his two active skills require CQC in an urban environment; even then they both a) don't spread far enough b) don't do enough damage and c) also mess up your teammates. Can do some fun stuff if the circle is in buildings very late game, but not much else.

I mostly agree, but I think Pathfinder is A-tier, personally. Using his passive in conjunction with the ziplines is a great way to get a height advantage over other teams coming into the zone. Height advantage means more headshots and if you can catch a team flatfoot from above, it's a super fast elimination. I also think his grapple is a great way to come at teams from another angle. I was in Skull Town with my squad yesterday and a team started shooting down from the rooftops. I grappled up to the roof of the tallest building and got a vantage point on the other team quickly and they completely weren't expecting it.

I see what you mean when you say that his loadout is built for flashy solo plays, but if you're communicating and using his mobility to control other teams' movements, he's a really valuable addition to a squad.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

It's a quote from the Apex Legends intro video. I ... think it's from a character named Kuben Blisk.

Nov 15, 2017
Game title (Apex Legends) based off the Apex Predators from Titanfall 2. That was the leader's motto. It is referenced in the official trailer for Legends.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017

• Lifeline: Again, all three of her abilities are excellent and she has the best ultimate in the game; having purple-tier armor is practically mandatory once you get down to the final 4 teams and Lifeline's ultimate makes sure you have it. Fast rez with a shield, can heal her health AND her shield simultaneously (and faster than other characters), etc.
Caustic Tier
Caustic will catch on more as time goes on. His barrels act as deployable cover and you can chuck them super far to flush out and disorient an enemy team.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Can we all agree that the beginning of the game (descending into the map) is the most hype-inducing intro of any multiplayer shooter? That music, the 3 members of the team flying in synchronicity, the colored smoke left behind...amazing.
The most hype-inducing since Titanfall, absolutely. This is an abbreviated version of Titanfall's opening drop, so I still like that better.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017

• Lifeline: Again, all three of her abilities are excellent and she has the best ultimate in the game; having purple-tier armor is practically mandatory once you get down to the final 4 teams and Lifeline's ultimate makes sure you have it.
Caustic Tier

I think a bit of this is off:

Wraith is good but I think too high. I don't have a ton of experience with her but I think she's not best in the game levels of good. Her passive is alright but honestly good game sense can largely fill its role. Her Ult, while powerful, is highly situational and I think other characters are more well-rounded.

Bang is probably the best in the game right now. Double Time is probably the best passive in the game, she gets 2 charges of smoke for some reason, and Rolling Thunder is a highly versatile ult that can be used both offensively and defensively. (PRO TIP: throw the flare IN FRONT of your target, not on top of them. The barrage goes past where you throw it) Highly flexible character that plays well with others and can be useful in a variety of situations.

Gibraltar I don't know if he's in the right spot or not, but honestly the biggest weakness he has is that his hurtbox is gigantic. It is so much easier to hit him compared to every other character in the game, to the point where I don't know if his gun shield even makes up for it.

Bloodhound is top 3 IMO. His tracking ability is great for finding enemies or avoiding them if that's what you're in to. His basic ability is probably less useful, but his Ult is a fantastic steroid that gives him massively increased speed both for hunting down targets and evading damage as well as free infrared which allows him to combo extremely well with the likes of Bang and Caustic. It also has a fairly short cooldown so it'll generally be up for each fight.

Mirage I don't think is very good but you put him pretty low so that's fine.

Pathfinder I think is easily the worst character in the game. His passive is borderline useless and his ult is for the most part a worse version of Wraith's portals. His grapple is neat and has potential but even with good usage of it I don't think it can counteract the fact that it's his only generally useful ability.

Caustic is really hard for me to rate because he has by far the highest skill floor of any of the characters. There's some pretty crazy things you can do with him and he has a lot of potential if used well, but I also think that his effectiveness is also going to tank when people realize they can shoot the bottom of his trams to remove them.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I'm never paying money to see Happy Death Day 2 U out of principle

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
First match of the day, first win of the day, fourth win overall:

This was the best squad I had until now.

So far Lifeline, Bloodhound and Wraith are my favorites to play with.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm never paying money to see Happy Death Day 2 U out of principle
tenor.gif

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

The true successor CoD4's "Let's do dis"

But yeah, old IW/Respawn has always been great at hype match intros

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
it was fun while it lasted, there is shotgun/sniper firing animation skip glitch videos floating around, and consumable item duplication glitch

need a patch asap

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother helping the randoms on my team.

I had my first encounter with a entitled little twerp the other day, probably 9-10 years old or so. He got killed, and I avenged him and got his banner and quickly revived him. What does he do? Gets mad and calls me an a-hole because apparently i looted his death box. Which is possible, his death box was in a pile with enemy death boxes which I quickly rummaged through. Kid whined for another couple minutes before I lost connection to the game, which I was actually happy about.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Caustic Tier
I'd switch Wraith and Bangalore, and move bloodhound up to A.

I'd take bangalores ult over wraiths tbh. I think Bang's passive and tactical are better as well.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
What level do I need to get to to have enough monopoly money to unlock a character? Or is it random based on what you get from packs?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Caustic Tier

Bloodhound and Bangalore should be up a rank.

Bloodhound's ultimate is insane and lasts too long. Bangalore doesnt necessarily have the best ult, but her ult definitely helps you funnel out enemies and keep them on the run, which makes them vulnerable. Best tactical and passive because it gives her movement to escape and speed to evade shots

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018

This is exactly how I feel, gets me hyped af. I love all the jump quips, especially Caustic. Something about flying to certain death. And Pathfinder's "hold your breath if you have to breath!"

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Man this game is just so amazing...for some reason, this game doesn't get me as anxious as when I play a game like PUBG

Oh and just tried Wraith, and she is fuuuuuuuunnnnnnn

Ya, same here. Towards the end my BPM does start nearing infinity, but for the most part the game is somehow much more relaxing than PUBG ever was. Love it.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
like don't get me wrong, I don't think Caustic is competitive with Lifeline or Pathfinder, but I have 20+ hours on him now and I think he is misplayed constantly. i see people putting his barrels in the open, or in the middle of rooms—if you tuck them to the sides of doors you can at least have a very extensive warning system which is a pretty good ability considering the average power level of abilities. you can put them in weird spots at the ends of ziplines or around corners and tag sprinting enemies that only seem to expect them in interiors. actually getting to take a fight in his fog is some of the most fun i've had with this game

and his ult is up once a fight and can be used for way more than the "ill just huck this into a fight" that i see people using it for. it's incredible for forcing an enemy to split or evacuate cover, or stopping a push. people talk about caustic only being good in buildings, but i think he has a lot of potential for responding to the aggressive deathball playstyle that this game rewards regardless of environment

that said, I think the visual feedback of two opposing caustics using their abilities in the same space is awful and needs to be adjusted a bit. it can be literally impossible to tell if an area is covered in enemy gas in addition to your gas, and it makes his passive considerably less useful

also bangalore smoke nullifying his passive is a big hit to his strength

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I had my first encounter with a entitled little twerp the other day, probably 9-10 years old or so. He got killed, and I avenged him and got his banner and quickly revived him. What does he do? Gets mad and calls me an a-hole because apparently i looted his death box. Which is possible, his death box was in a pile with enemy death boxes which I quickly rummaged through. Kid whined for another couple minutes before I lost connection to the game, which I was actually happy about.
honestly it's probably my fault for choosing Lifeline and thinking people will stay with the MEDIC when they're injured, or not running ahead when i'm ready to drop them loot

maybe i'm just a masochist

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely fuck playing with randoms in this game.

However, while a rando and I were hunkered down in the middle of the circle biding our time, I did discover the text to voice chat function and that led to some hilarious moments.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
honestly it's probably my fault for choosing Lifeline and thinking people will stay with the MEDIC when they're injured, or not running ahead when i'm ready to drop them loot

maybe i'm just a masochist
Maybe it's time to drop the tag team approach, throw them Janettys through the window (if they don't do it themselves first) and start playing for Beef.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Ben stuck at starting server for 10 minutes now. Closed app and tried other games without an issue

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just won a game with the wingman. Y'all weren't lying about it being good. I hip fired that bad boy too.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Relative to what? Prowler is like bottom of the barrel weapon in this game by most accounts and if youre getting up close with it good luck trying to out dps the peacekeeper or wingman.
Not exactly a huge revelation that the Prowler doesn't stack up to the two most obviously busted weapons in the game. Prowler with Selectfire is, ime, solid. Absolutely not bottom-of-the-barrel—actually pretty good in comparison to most short-range weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.