Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Won my fist game last night while playing with two randoms with no mics. Got carried for the most part though I did ping a bunch until the last bit where I actually got kills. This might just be the first BR where I do the whole "one more game" but even then I have to move on after a couple games. Best BR I've played yet, that's for sure but man do I want more Titanfall.

justin haines

Nov 27, 2018
I feel like I’m the only person overwhelmed by all the loot. Maybe it’s just my lack of playing FPS for quite some time. Trying my best not to overthink it and not switch guns too often but it can feel like I spend all this time looting up and die, repeat.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Just had two wins in a row. One with 6 kills and the other with 7 I think. We were the champions going in to the 2nd round. Felt great. Love this game.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I’m the only person overwhelmed by all the loot. Maybe it’s just my lack of playing FPS for quite some time. Trying my best not to overthink it and not switch guns too often but it can feel like I spend all this time looting up and die, repeat.
I mean sure if you've played under 10-15 games so far. We all didn't know the weapons right away. Some of us have played over a 100 matches now so we are getting familiar with the guns and attachments. It'll come in time.

For your last sentence.... welcome to BR's. That is definitely a thing, spend your whole match looting up, playing passive and just looking for more and more loot, and then your first encounter you die. This will always happen, but the more you play and the more you learn the map and weapons you can definitely minimize it. Get your fav guns early or good enough guns and then start running toward the gun shots you hear in the distance, not away from them.

BDS

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with the airstrike? Me and another guy were in a squad doing really well, we made it to the very end, and then the enemy just calls an airstrike down on top of us and kills us to win the match. Just massive unavoidable explosions. Am I missing something or is this bullshit?

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with the airstrike? Me and another guy were in a squad doing really well, we made it to the very end, and then the enemy just calls an airstrike down on top of us and kills us to win the match. Just massive unavoidable explosions. Am I missing something or is this bullshit?
Definitely a hacker.

/s

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gib's ult

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Basically what I was told by another player is to not ping enemy locations because it will alert them. I don't believe this to be true.
Pings are not shown to enemy. I think Bloodhound's skill might, though -- they may see the expanding orange circle and can triangulate your position. Need confirmation though.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 4th win but was the first one where there wasn't an elite on my team winning it single handed

ClassicLevi

Jan 4, 2018
So it sounds like we can expect multiple Legends in a few weeks. I think if they release 2 per season with 4 seasons in their first year then they'd double their roster by the start of Year 2 and that's a very healthy rate for content, imo

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
So it sounds like we can expect multiple Legends in a few weeks. I think if they release 2 per season with 4 seasons in their first year then they'd double their roster by the start of Year 2 and that's a very healthy rate for content, imo
They said more than just Legends coming with the seasons, new loot too... whatever that means. Assume new guns and attachments. Maybe new grenade types.

Oct 28, 2017
Won a game at that bridged area north of Bunker. Took the high ground and had pockets full of grenades, flinging them down at the plebs trying to scrabble towards us. Killed them all as they tried to huddle behind the back-end of a truck with a Lifeline drone keeping them going.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Gibraltar and Bangalore both have Ultimates that involve an airstrike (I think Gibraltar's has been found to be somewhat more effective). Basically just try to keep in mind that especially towards the end of a match, an opponent might be lining you up for one.

nib95

Oct 28, 2017
Omg, I just followed a Bangalore off the side of the map. Chasing her down as she was running with only a sliver of health, and she jumps off the edge of what I thought was a level, only we both ended up in the sea lol.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
wow, the game will auto switch weapons for you when you're completely out of ammo

this lost me a firefight since i had no idea it did that so i kept switching to an empty gun

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Enemies can't see pings but won't they say "I've been spotted" when an enemy tags them? That would give away that they've been spotted to the team.
I don’t think so. Wraith has voice lines when someone aims at her, and i think that’s the closest thing to what you’re describing

there is, im almost positive, absolutely zero mechanical disincentive to pinging

Nov 6, 2017
I think, I´m done with this game. Today, for at least 15 matches in a row, I had the pleasure to play with random teammates who run like idiots with nothing but a pistol equipped at whole squads and die instantly, lone wolves who get killed the moment they encounter an opponent, teammates who don`t give a fuck about pinging and other bullshit. Most of these matches didn`t last longer than two minutes.
Sometimes I managed to kill a complete squad after they downed my teammates, sometimes I ran away from them or hid and waited till they leave, so I could collect my teammates banner while they were yelling at me. My favorite one was a guy who constantly wrote "TAKE OUR SOULS!" like he copied & pasted that line, while I was dealing with a squad, lol.
No, thanks. I really enjoyed Apex for the first two days and I think it`s a brilliant game but it has become pure frustration and a waste of time for me.

Luigi87

Oct 25, 2017
I don’t think so. Wraith has voice lines when someone aims at her, and i think that’s the closest thing to what you’re describing

there is, im almost positive, absolutely zero mechanical disincentive to pinging
I believe this is correct. Aside from Wraith's passive, the "Warn Teammates" prompt only comes up when you're fired upon.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe

Word. I just recall hearing Lifeline on my team in a bunch of matches saying "I've been spotted" and I wonder what exactly it is that triggers that.

Maybe I'm tripping.. I'm not sure now. Maybe I'm confusing it with "enemy spotted"

Status
Not open for further replies.