• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Coming across some real chicken-shit teammates who are afraid to engage even when the odds are in our favour. I hope in time these players know when it's ok to engage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this game isn't for me. I don't know if I just suck or if everyone on PC is god tier or both or what.

But failing hard for 15+ runs is just not fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can bring back the Network feature from Titanfall 2 so that I can at least matchmake with like minded players. I know with this game getting super popular with the streamer crowd, we're going to see a ton of toxic kids. I stopped playing Fortnite in part because nearly every game paired me with a toxic party of 3, and they were always teenagers or pre-teens. It was super rare to find other adults. Also why I stopped playing Siege on console.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they can bring back the Network feature from Titanfall 2 so that I can at least matchmake with like minded players. I know with this game getting super popular with the streamer crowd, we're going to see a ton of toxic kids. I stopped playing Fortnite in part because nearly every game paired me with a toxic party of 3, and they were always teenagers or pre-teens. It was super rare to find other adults. Also why I stopped playing Siege on console.
Hop onto the eralegends discord (link is somewhere in this thread) - met only chill people there. Way better than randoms

Oct 27, 2017
So,
I’m an old gamer who doesn’t like BR games, F2P and virtual coins either and flees from squad games with random.

I spent the weekend playing this game and I bought some coins to get Caustic...

I play on PS4 on evening Montreal time. PSN: monsieur_paul

Feel free to add me. I suck but I play team.

Mar 23, 2018
I give up playing with randoms, 95% of my teammates play like they are mentally disadvantaged. I don`t mind players who aren`t that good at aiming or strafing but atleast try to contribute to the team by not being a total dipshit.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I give up playing with randoms, 95% of my teammates play like they are mentally disadvantaged. I don`t mind players who aren`t that good at aiming or strafing but atleast try to contribute to the team by not being a total dipshit.
I just unknowingly chastised someone for breaking off from our team and subsequently getting killed. Turns out it's some ~12 year old kid and his dad playing together, but the Dad stayed with me. Whoops. I wasn't super harsh or anything but I still felt bad, haha.

Mar 23, 2018
I just unknowingly chastised someone for breaking off from our team and subsequently getting killed. Turns out it's some ~12 year old kid and his dad playing together, but the Dad stayed with me. Whoops. I wasn't super harsh or anything but I still felt bad, haha.
They need to implement some sort of skill based matchmaking so I atleast have the chance to get some decent team mates. I don´t care if I have to play against sweaties because getting bad teammates kills any fun I could have with this game.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
If a team mate doesn't land with the drop leader, I will instantly leave a game.

Just having 3 people together is a huge advantage.

I hope people learn.

(I'm not talking about the people that land on the next building over, I'm talking about the people that land way away.)

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My friends and I are about to jump in now, few minutes left on the download. Interested to see if it lives up to the hype.

Oct 27, 2017
If a team mate doesn't land with the drop leader, I will instantly leave a game.
but what if they land and instantly run off to their death?

honestly having 3 people is pretty much an utopia, i am happy if at least 1 of my mates isnt suicidal

Oct 28, 2017
Got absolutely rinsed tonight!

Everybody seems to play it super aggressive now, to the point where any kind of precision weapons/play seems pointless.

Might have just been a bad night.....

Oct 27, 2017
Pings are not shown to enemy. I think Bloodhound's skill might, though -- they may see the expanding orange circle and can triangulate your position. Need confirmation though.
Ive definitely seen an enemy Bloodhound ping me. I was solo at the end vs 1 last squad, and saw him ping me with his tac.

Mar 23, 2018
but what if they land and instantly run off to their death?

honestly having 3 people is pretty much an utopia, i am happy if at least 1 of my mates isnt suicidal
In my last two games the first jumpleader went straight into the ocean and in the next game the jumpleader landed on the big rocks out of bound and stayed there untill he died. If I could slap people through the internet I would.

Sep 16, 2018
Got on a winning squad earlier, that was fun. Was just in another and had the game crash at the final 2 squads and we looked geared to win again. That was not fun.

Oct 28, 2017
Won my sixth game for today. Including 3 in a row from earlier. It's weird, one moment you can rack up wins seemingly fairly easily, then other times you can go several rounds without even getting close, usually when you get jumped on mid scavange or get pinned between two squads lol.

I can't even believe we won the last game (myself and two randoms), as another squad beat me to my drop off point and I had to land literally directly behind them. I just hid behind this container within metres of them, whilst they ran around looting all around me lol. My other squad mates were across the other side of the station. I marked the enemies as they left me, and then my other team mates engaged them. Picked up the first weapon I could and we cleaned up. From then on we just kept killing squad after squad. I think our squad had 20 kills between us, all roughly even.

Gat damn. Well deserved. 2 million concurrent! Phew.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
because without mag 3 and upgrade it sucks so bad. just getting the thing and 2 upgrades requires too much effort, but if you manage to get it - its damn good
Top players getting 16 kills a game dont have to worry about not finding attachments. Theyll kill so many people they're inevitably come across the attachment. If it were that good wed be seeing it.

Selina

Kaleidoscopic Mind
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realise there would be such a height difference between Gibralter/Caustic and the rest of the legends. It feels really weird to me lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to spend money on the game but I feel like I should wait until March to see how much coins to buy lol. I want Mirage, Caustic and the battlepass but they’re releasing two this first season?

Oct 27, 2017
Top players getting 16 kills a game dont have to worry about not finding attachments. Theyll kill so many people they're inevitably come across the attachment. If it were that good wed be seeing it.
without auto-fire attachment that gun is burst fire garbage. you wont even pick it up.
only fully upgraded its pretty much a better AR-99

Oct 25, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

Also, all of the Light ammo pistols are trash.
that heavy ammo pistol tho....its so good. sometimes I will rock that for most of the game. its like a shotgun

Oct 25, 2017
High sensitivities often lead to over-tracking your target, requiring multiple small adjustments to get it exactly where you want it, especially if the enemy is rapidly changing directions (AD strafe).
I tried it tonight. You’re right, it felt awful at first, like it took forever to turn but I did notice my aim slowly getting better. If I could just stop the panic firing I’ll not be totally useless!

Thanks again.

Apr 10, 2018
So what are some practical uses for Wraith's portal?
It allows you to scout an area/make a push with out having to commit to it.

It allows you to quickly move your entire team from one piece of cover to another if health is low.

It can be used to bamboozle opponents from 2 pieces of cover (portal from cover 1, run to cover 2, engage opponents, use portal to reset to cover 1, kill from cover 1 whilst opponents are watching cover 2.

Oct 25, 2017
PDX
This game.

I can't figure out who I like the most. Just started clicking with Wraith after being Caustic and Mirage most of the time. Wraith's ult in a group (I'm with randos most of the day until friends can play) in a group that pay attention to whether I'm placing them... is fun as hell. Not sure about the Mirage and Lifeline, could have been in a Party together, but zero was communicated via mic. All pings.

If you know how to place them/read them (including the eye or "I'm watching this location") you don't even need a mic to win. That said, surely a fully mic'd and communicative team still has the advantage, but damn if Respawn didn't make a lot of really smart decisions.

So what are some practical uses for Wraith's portal?
In that winning match above, there were three times were we were getting into fights with multiple teams, or a 3rd party would show up as we were engaging our initial target. Each time I put a portal down, and we escaped or rotated on one of the teams to put THEM in the middle of two teams. It was fun fun fun.

The match immediately preceding that one I had both of my squad mates leave the match the second they were crated, and I killed the squad that pushed us only to then be alone...

The match immediately after the match above, the circle was still HUGE with only us and one other team left. Took forever to find each other.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a very laggy game on PS4 just now. Felt like 10 fps.

Also I need more aggressive teammates. If we don't get a kill within the first 30 seconds of dropping then we are doing something wrong.

Oct 29, 2017
Whats the verdict on the response curve option in the controller settings. Ive changed to Steady and think it has helped my aim hard to say for definate though.

Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.
Thanks for the link.

Oct 31, 2018
It isn’t. Enemies cant see pings.
I believe at least one character will be able to tell if he's been spotted. Can't remember who though so you do have to be careful with it.
I think, I´m done with this game. Today, for at least 15 matches in a row, I had the pleasure to play with random teammates who run like idiots with nothing but a pistol equipped at whole squads and die instantly, lone wolves who get killed the moment they encounter an opponent, teammates who don`t give a fuck about pinging and other bullshit. Most of these matches didn`t last longer than two minutes.
Sometimes I managed to kill a complete squad after they downed my teammates, sometimes I ran away from them or hid and waited till they leave, so I could collect my teammates banner while they were yelling at me. My favorite one was a guy who constantly wrote "TAKE OUR SOULS!" like he copied & pasted that line, while I was dealing with a squad, lol.
No, thanks. I really enjoyed Apex for the first two days and I think it`s a brilliant game but it has become pure frustration and a waste of time for me.
This can all be avoided by playing with friends. If you don't have any to play with then it takes a bit of effort to get social and make friends with players you'd like to play with again. I do it on every team based game I play.

Oct 25, 2017
Played all morning and couldn’t get a kill. Then one game I came to the rescue of my squad who knocked only to run out of bullets just as the enemy was reviving his friend. Randoms on the mic just yelling at me for sucking in that clutch moment.

Winning all weekend but struggling today.

Great game though. Every engagement a puzzle.

Oct 27, 2017
I believe at least one character will be able to tell if he's been spotted. Can't remember who though so you do have to be careful with it.

This can all be avoided by playing with friends. If you don't have any to play with then it takes a bit of effort to get social and make friends with players you'd like to play with again. I do it on every team based game I play.
As I said above—Wraith remarks when someone ADS's on her. I do not believe that any character has a response to being pinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.