Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun reading all the "I didnt like BR until Apex Legends" posts around the internet. A sure sign that they did something very right

Oct 26, 2017
California
It allows you to scout an area/make a push with out having to commit to it.

It allows you to quickly move your entire team from one piece of cover to another if health is low.

It can be used to bamboozle opponents from 2 pieces of cover (portal from cover 1, run to cover 2, engage opponents, use portal to reset to cover 1, kill from cover 1 whilst opponents are watching cover 2.
That last idea is pretty situational but smart. Didn't think of it.

Xtortion

Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's fun reading all the "I didnt like BR until Apex Legends" posts around the internet. A sure sign that they did something very right
It has a superior feel imo. Fortnite and Blackout's gameplay gets the job done, but doesn't feel amazing to me or anything. Whereas pretty much every action in Apex has a stellar feel and inherent satisfaction with it. Doesn't hurt that its quality of life leapfrogged the genre significantly.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tried the game out and played with a full group the other night. We all sucked and are still trying to get the hang of it, but it was fun. So far, after only having played a little bit, one of my few criticisms when it comes to the gameplay is that I don't really like the ammo management.

I haven't seen many complaints about the micro transactions but I'm not too happy with what I'm seeing here. I really dislike that some legends are locked and take a lot of credits to unlock. Sure, right now there is only 2 and they give you enough at the start to buy 1 if you want, but if I want the other it looks like it will take a lot of time, and in the future when they add more it will get a lot worse.

They could have all the cosmetic MTX in the world and I wouldn't complain, I just really don't like the idea of a bunch of legends being behind a paywall or a long grind.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Bangalore's pick lines. Getting close to despising them. She's a totally generic 'cool and edgy' dudebro type character that I dislike in modern military shooters like CoD. A dudettesis if you will. I swear if she was a male character people would be rolling their eyes.

"Clips are what civvies use in their hair, this is a magazine"
"Don't want any clusterfoxtrots in my team" (this one is especially cringy due to the corny PG-13 swearing)

Her normal phrases in game like when using abilities, getting shot or general chatter are fine though. The military lingo fits for stuff like 'Whole team KIA' or 'Tango down' or 'Eating lead'. Those aren't that bad.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Just won my first round with Caustic. That man is a beast in close quarters and buildings. Throwing gas left and right.

MrH

Nov 3, 2017
Just did my first match and came 3rd, that's some slick shit they've created, the color coding of items is genius, especially for ammo. I'm also loving the verbal callouts for everything.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I hate Bangalore's pick lines. Getting close to despising them. She's a totally generic 'cool and edgy' dudebro type character that I dislike in modern military shooters like CoD. A dudettesis if you will. I swear if she was a male character people would be rolling their eyes.

"Don't want any clusterfoxtrots in my team" (this one is especially cringy due to the corny PG-13 swearing)

Her normal phrases in game like when using abilities, getting shot or general chatter are fine though. The military lingo fits for stuff like 'Whole team KIA' or 'Tango down' or 'Eating lead'. Those aren't that bad.
Yeah she is my least favourite character. She is pretty boring compared to the other characters.

Agent 47

Jun 24, 2018
Finally tried the game out and played with a full group the other night. We all sucked and are still trying to get the hang of it, but it was fun. So far, after only having played a little bit, one of my few criticisms when it comes to the gameplay is that I don't really like the ammo management.

I haven't seen many complaints about the micro transactions but I'm not too happy with what I'm seeing here. I really dislike that some legends are locked and take a lot of credits to unlock. Sure, right now there is only 2 and they give you enough at the start to buy 1 if you want, but if I want the other it looks like it will take a lot of time, and in the future when they add more it will get a lot worse.

They could have all the cosmetic MTX in the world and I wouldn't complain, I just really don't like the idea of a bunch of legends being behind a paywall or a long grind.
All ammo is colour coded based on the weapon colour on the hud if that helps.

ElBoxyBrown

Oct 25, 2017

If everyone acted like Bangalore it would be a problem but since it’s just her it’s fine. I too am not a huge fan of the overt military obsess character but it’s rare that it comes from a black woman, and she sells it. There’s a charm to how she says the lines compared to your typical COD character. I’ll make her the exception.

DWarriorSN

Oct 25, 2017
PA

Most of the characters are like that lol, just game characters that play up their gimmick to make an impression.

I think lifeline is the only i really like and im neutral on the rest.

You should play Caustic if you want to hear edgy, "A new kill leader, i must confess it's what i long to be"

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bangalore is hilarious, just wish she had more lines. They should lean more into making her a weeb for military procedures.

belairjeff

Oct 25, 2017
This game is amazing. Played a bunch yesterday. Easily the best battle royale and plays like a charm. Probably my favorite PvP FPS experience since Modern Warfare/ Modern Warfare 2.

Last edited:

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
I got killed on the flank in the final battle with the other squad, but I had the the gold knockdown shield and revived while the battle was going on. I kinda hid myself and let the battle distract. Woke up and killed the team from behind.

jviggy43

Oct 28, 2017
without auto-fire attachment that gun is burst fire garbage. you wont even pick it up.
only fully upgraded its pretty much a better AR-99
Again they get any gear they want by virtue of killing half the server and running around at will. This is not an issue. If it were that good shroud would be picking it up preemptively in anticipation of having it loaded out like he does with devotion, like he did with the vector in pubg. It doesnt matter that it requires the attachment, guns that ostensibly are better than what we know as the meta, as you and others claim, would be getting TONS of play by pros. It's nowhere to be seen.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Banter between characters is something that's missing that I hope they add. Gotta have more interaction between Mirage and Pathfinder and the rest of the cast.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Hey guys what’s some of the better weapons I should looking out for when scavaging the loot? Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting (:
Everything besides the pistol, Mozambique and alternator. If you find a flatline, a carabine or peacekeeper take it! I love the scout but that is just a personal preference.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys what’s some of the better weapons I should looking out for when scavaging the loot? Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting (:
Peacemaker (Amazing weapon, get precision Choke ), Hemlock (Single Fire), Spitfire, Devotion (If you have energy ammo), Wingman (Accuracy is needed to make full use of it).

R-301, Triple Take, Flatline, G7 Scout, R-99, Prowler (Needs to be Fully Upgraded) are also pretty good.

Avoid at all cost Mozambique what an awful gun.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Won my second game on PS4 a while ago. Came down to the wire. Our team had the high ground. We told them not to try it. Yet they still tried and I got the final and my only kill of the match.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Being on the other end with no peacekeepers is painful. That gun outclasses every other close range weapon.

nib95

Oct 28, 2017
I know some on here are acting like certain weapons are meta already, but honestly it really will depend on what you like or how you play, eg what sort of distances you like to engage enemies, your play style, whether you have good enough aim and quick enough trigger pulls to manage single or burst shot weapons, whether you want a full auto and high rate of fire or low rate of fire but huge damage and so on. It will also largely depend on what weapons, ammo and attachments you're simply fortunate enough to find along the way. Try to familiarise yourself with most weapons, because sometimes you might not even have a choice in what you're using.

That said, generally and thus far the weapons I've personally most enjoyed or try to stick to are:

R-99
Peacekeeper
Mastiff
Flatline
Hemlock
Spitfire
Devotion (especially if you get gold spin up attachment)
Spitfire
G7 Scout
Wingman (especially if you get skullcracker attachment)
Kraber (if you're good with snipers)
R-301 (especially if you're good with headshots)

But I know some people really love and dominate with the Triple Take and Longbow, especially with certain attachments.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Just a side-note, but I love the look and feel of the Peacekeeper, especially when you have the electric attachment.

janoGX

Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Thanks for the tier list on the legends.

Could someone be so kind as to make a tier list for the weapons . After a few games I have no idea what weapons are worth keeping or getting rid of. Much appreciated (:
S (Weapons that get the job done without any attachments): Peacekeeper - Eva-8 - R-99 - R-301 - Hemlok - Mastiff
A (Weapons that need an attachment to get into S-Tier): Spitfire - Devotion - Wingman - Kraber
B (Good weapons but lose to S and A-Tier weapons): Flatline - Prowler - RE-45 - G7
C (Meh weapons): Alternator - P2020 - Longbow - Triple Take
D: Fists
F (LUL): Mozambique

I prefer to punch someone than use Mozambique.

You're free to quote me for more details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.