Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to be iconic, but these weapons are really going to be remembered

Peacekeeper, Wingman are both really satisfying and punchy weapons. I find even the SMGs to be so addicting to shoot— the fire rate, sound, and even the hipfire is super satisfying

Unlike a cod game, I love that the hipfire is so effective. You dont need to ADS all the time

Oct 25, 2017
All ammo is colour coded based on the weapon colour on the hud if that helps.
Heh yeah, thanks. I didn't know that my first few games and it was definitely a pain.

I'd still like the ammo situation to be a little more forgiving though. like right now if later on in the match I find another weapon and I want to swap but I'm discouraged too because I haven't been carrying ammo for that type, it's kinda annoying, but I'll get used to it I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Stodeh is just great at FPS games. He’s doing work with the Peacekeeper

So, Peacekeeper. I think I realized a big reason why it can be great or not so great is actually up to your team as a whole. If you're coordinating with your team and they're providing sufficient cover fire and distraction, it's safer for you to get in close with vulnerable targets. If your teamwork is not great, getting in close enough for Peacekeeper to do its job is very risky because you can easily get in too deep to where the enemy team can focus fire you and ignore your teammates -- in that case, something like Wingman/R-99/R-301 is safer hedge.

edit: talking mostly about late game -- early game it just tears through people regardless

S (Weapons that get the job done without any attachments): Peacekeeper - Eva-8 - R-99 - R-301 - Hemlok - Mastiff
A (Weapons that need an attachment to get into S-Tier): Spitfire - Devotion - Wingman - Kraber
B (Good weapons but lose to S and A-Tier weapons): Flatline - Prowler - RE-45 - G7
C (Meh weapons): Alternator - P2020 - Longbow - Triple Take
D: Fists
F (LUL): Mozambique

I prefer to punch someone than use Mozambique.

You're free to quote me for more details.
Thx for the input!

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely more people who are unwilling to play unless they can choose their main character or/and they can choose where we drop.

More people leaving the game before we drop or choosing to drop by themselves.

Geist

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty good game, but I still can't help but hope they add more Titanfall-esque game mechanics in a future, separate game type.

Still, it's the first Battle Royale game I really enjoy, so I'll give it that.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you need for the fully kitted up achievement?

Also found out you can break doors by hitting them melee style. A neat little addition.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty rough being level 20 and getting matched with level 1s. Understandably they want to just get a hang of the game and aren't gunning for a win like my tryhard self.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I mistaken, or does swapping to pistols take the same time as any other weapon?

And all weapons have the same mobility?

Seems like balancing and adding guns would be difficult if these arent factors

Ideally an smg is more mobile than an LMG, and swapping to pistols should be super fast

This way, with proper buffs, even mozambique and the pp2 would be possibly viable

Oct 25, 2017
imagine using your mic to beg for help, receive it (i killed two fucking people for that rat bastard), and then running away when i get downed by the last one and saying "we'll get you back up later" while i can see them off somewhere looting

that actually made me legit salty ragebaby tier mad
i ragequit as soon as they decided to run back and pick up my banner

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

MrH

Nov 3, 2017
Well this game 100% lives up to the hype, it's incredibly made. The UI team absolutely fucking nailed it, so many QoL features. If it wasn't 2am I'd keep playing because it's just so good. Being this good in v1.0 is so promising, imagine it in a few months.

BDS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people insist on running into terrible engagements. Just lost a winnable round because my team insisted on abandoning the high ground and attacking the lone guy from the other team on his turf.

Kyolux

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have no friends on Origin.

Please add me, I'll also new to the game (did one match on PS4 and one on PC). I'm PC only from now though.

My ID is in my profile (it's the same as PSN).

Oct 27, 2017
Again they get any gear they want by virtue of killing half the server and running around at will. This is not an issue. If it were that good shroud would be picking it up preemptively in anticipation of having it loaded out like he does with devotion, like he did with the vector in pubg. It doesnt matter that it requires the attachment, guns that ostensibly are better than what we know as the meta, as you and others claim, would be getting TONS of play by pros. It's nowhere to be seen.
lets compare fan favorite AR-99 and Prowler maxed out
dmg per shot: 12(18) vs 14(21)
magazine: 30 vs 35
Rate or fire: 1080 vs 800

so you are telling me that a gun that does less damage, has less ammo in the magazine but has a higher ROF is the best gun in the game while the other is completely useless?
give me a break