• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2017
People make these things fast! The game's been out a week and there are already 20-minute tutorials on specific characters. Impressive. I've been practicing Pathfinder on the Xbox after watching another video and have definitely seen improvement, though I'm far from mastering it.
To be fair the grapple is functionally the same as in Titanfall 2 (even though it has been nerfed somewhat). That YouTuber is an avid Tf2 player.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my first win of the day. For the entire match my team was looking for people. We got a total of 2 kills...from the last 2 people at the final circle. I did not get a kill. Our damage output was all <200.

Oct 25, 2017
*when teammates leave when i'm literally right by their banners and there is a respawn point in the next circle.

The other teammate was equally dumb because i grabbed his banner. Killed the last team for the win

Oct 28, 2017
lets compare fan favorite AR-99 and Prowler maxed out
dmg per shot: 12(18) vs 14(21)
magazine: 30 vs 35
Rate or fire: 1080 vs 800

so you are telling me that a gun that does less damage, has less ammo in the magazine but has a higher ROF is the best gun in the game while the other is completely useless?
give me a break
Acting as if just straight up numbers can account for every situation, and mind you, numbers in an IMPERFECT human encounter somehow lend credence to your scenario isn't as strong of evidence as you think it is. Not to mention this says nothing about handling, recoil, or other prominent statistics that would do just as much to tell us about a gun as do dps numbers.

Again, where are the lists evidencing this gun is so good? Where are the pro players repping this gun if its so great? They got the game before any of us did. And they never touch it. And it has nothing to do with having an attachment because if it were that great, they would be picking it up in anticipation of finding it. It might have numbers slightly higher than other guns, but thats hardly the only criteria for whether or not its a good gun.

May 27, 2018
So I just realised, Respawn is making a Star Wars game for this year with the new movie coming out also, and since EA also owns the rights to Star Wars videogames still, do you think Respawn would do a cross promotional event in Apex by having a Star Wars themed event?

Oct 25, 2017
So I just realised, Respawn is making a Star Wars game for this year with the new movie coming out also, and since EA also owns the rights to Star Wars videogames still, do you think Respawn would do a cross promotional event in Apex by having a Star Wars themed event?
Oh shiiiiiiiiieeeee.....

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite had Thanos. Let’s get Vader in Apex for a temp event.

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Don't do this to me

Selina

Kaleidoscopic Mind
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
I swear every Pathfinder I've played with in this game is like someone has handed their grandparents the controller.

Oct 26, 2017
People make these things fast! The game's been out a week and there are already 20-minute tutorials on specific characters. Impressive. I've been practicing Pathfinder on the Xbox after watching another video and have definitely seen improvement, though I'm far from mastering it.
The mechanic have been in titanfall forever so its easy to move the tutorial with some tweaks to Apex.

Oct 25, 2017
Woo best game so far, still only 4 kills, but somehow manage to take out a whole squad after both of mine got downed..1st time I used Peacekeeper..it's pretty nice. Also got the final kill. I'm pretty bad at shooters and my hand was shaking after the 1st 2, I get way too excited playing this.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the experience with randoms has gotten way worse over the last few days due to the influx of new players. Just really makes me want a solo queue now because I hate relying on shitty teammates.

BreezyLimbo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Oct 25, 2017
It's purely cosmetic from Apex crates, but looks awesome.
It's called an Heirloom item, it's the only one in the game right now but if you get it from a loot box you get the whole set (there's an intro and stuff for it). I think it's "guaranteed" after 500, but basically it's extremely rare.
This is my favourite thing to do, you go so fast, weeeeeeee.
It's very rare, you get it in a lootbox.
dang thats cool

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand this game. 2 shotgun blasts doesn't take down someone with purple armor, fine. But one blast to my blue armor does? Sigh. My only consolation is that they were easy for my squadmate to then take down. Still, kill #2 remains elusive... (at least with a controller on PS4)

We went on to the final 3, but then what happens? Someone's game crashes (or so I assume that's why they suddenly dropped). That didn't help our cause... I think I've learned I can make the final 3 under the right circumstances. But then to win out of those 3 requires one to not suck.

I suck ass at this game.

Selina

Kaleidoscopic Mind
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
Just won a match with a legendary Wingman that I got off someone I killed, and all of us on the squad got legendary shields by the end, never seen such great RNG.

Oct 25, 2017
His sensitivity isnt that high actually. Look at his arm when hes aiming.
Yeah, a lot of pros actually play on reasonably low sens. They call it sweating for more than one reason; if you move with the attention someone like he does your arm / wrist is gonna get a hell of a workout every game. Most people don't try that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.