Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 27, 2017
For people who are new to PC FPS gameplay, personally I think you should shoot for somewhere between 20-50 cm/360 as a good starting point and then branch off from there. Most CSGO and OW players play around 33-36 cm/360. You can do the calculations here:

https://jscalc.io/calc/ugnBLorgk9Dk1zZ4

Just enter your DPI and Apex sensitivity (Apex is a source game, so put it under source sens).

Other than that, find yourself a good lightweight mouse and a good mousepad and you're good to go.

Yeah, a lot of pros actually play on reasonably low sens. They call it sweating for more than one reason; if you move with the attention someone like he does your arm / wrist is gonna get a hell of a workout every game. Most people don't try that hard.
Yeah, the default sens of 5 in apex (along with most "gaming mice" having like 32000 DPI) has peoples sensitivities waaay too high.

btw this is two boards youve taken my name on....

Last edited:

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Fremont, California
It feels too easy to win compared to other BR games. Doesn’t feel like much of an accomplishment.
I disagree. The competition seems way more tough here especially when all the streamers and wannabe streamers are all giving it their all. This game caters alot more to having twitch reflexes than positioning like pubg which I feel makes it harder. In pubg you can get by hiding in the grass and hoping for a good situation to unfold. Here there's none of that, it's pure intensity throughout the whole match.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple of questions about airstrikes. Can you be killed by a friendly airstrike? And how can you tell a difference between a friendly airstrike and an enemy airstrike? Do they both show the explosive indicators?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an expert at being carried into the final 3... four games in a row: no kills, make final 3, get destroyed.

Everyone complaining about this game being too easy is going on my permanent ignore list:)

Oct 25, 2017
Finally won my first honest win a little while ago.

By honest I mean I actually helped or it wasn't just a clean up job after two other squads were blasting the hell out of each other. It was just me and a Wraith versus them and it just felt so, so good. I was using the G7 Scout(and the Alternator) for most of the match so when the Wraith iced their Kraber wielding guy she pinged it for me and it was on. Sniped a guy through a window and then my Wraith partner basically ran out into the open and dropped her portal to draw the last one out.

I was having a really shitty run for awhile, people who don't ping are the devil, but here it was pure simpatico. Nothing better than seeing those big Kraber-created numbers pop up for the win.

edit: And for anyone who is seeing this and enjoys the game but laments just how completely terrible they are I really hope you stick it out. I was so terrible initially, heck I am still pretty terrible, but you do get better even if it is slowly. I went from someone who on more than one occasion fired many, many bullets and still lost the match having done zero damage to being...well if not a great a shot, at least someone who can consistently put up numbers no matter how meager.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I finally got to try a Kraber.

Those are some big damage numbers ... a 250 and a 200 hp hit.

Sniping with the Dualshock makes me look like, yes, an old man. And I'm playing pathfinder! Checks out.

Oct 25, 2017
Im in the same boat but the question is...do you?!! We don’t know what the final passes/economy is going to look like, plus its like, which one. Im tempted on hoarding my cash till march but we will see
If they make drastic changes to the economy they’ll probably compensate for it with a gift bundle or something. That’s usually how that goes.

Personally I can’t imagine playing a game like this and not unlocking every character, so I unlocked Caustic as soon as I had the 12k. Yesterday I got the second 12k and unlocked Mirage as well. I just went by the order they were listed on the character select screen, since I knew I would get them both eventually. heh

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I knew more people who game on PC. I won a game today with this squad that was communicating well and it was just beautiful how we turned the last couple of squads into a shooting gallery.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the experience with randoms has gotten way worse over the last few days due to the influx of new players. Just really makes me want a solo queue now because I hate relying on shitty teammates.
This, so much this. Game was incredible the first 5 days or so when people were legit into objectives and teamplay. Now everybody wants to be a hero, nobody revives anymore, they quit for no reason, drop at shit locations as if it was Fortnite... the experience is far worse now.

Oct 25, 2017
Im in the same boat but the question is...do you?!! We don’t know what the final passes/economy is going to look like, plus its like, which one. Im tempted on hoarding my cash till march but we will see
Yeah, that's the other thing... And considering how much longer it takes to unlock a second character from this point...

Oct 25, 2017
This, so much this. Game was incredible the first 5 days or so when people were legit into objectives and teamplay. Now everybody wants to be a hero, nobody revives anymore, they quit for no reason, drop at shit locations as if it was Fortnite... the experience is far worse now.
Not sure if you’re playing on PS4, but I’ve had the game crash me to the main PS4 menu around 6 times tonight, so that could be the quitting you’re seeing. I’ve seen others mention it crashing in the rest of the thread too.

Oct 25, 2017
After never getting a win I just got two back to back!

Okay so I died like five minutes before my first win and my two teammates continued on to victory, and in the second I got paired with a guy with ~250 kills who carried my ass and gave me a Kraber and a Mastiff, but they count, dammit!

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I feel kinda bad even complaining about this, but the fact that you don’t get an apex pack every level does bug me a little coming from overwatch