Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 25, 2017
I have seem some streamers can fly extra distances by somehow gliding more once your jump jets kick in. How is this done?
Dive for a second to gain speed, then level out again. When you slow down, repeat. You can use this trick to fly from one end of the map to the other.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn cowards, dropped in and 1 died almost immediately, got his beacon but he left the game right before we got to the respawn, 2nd guy died and left immediately, managed to finish off the squad and got to the very end and it seems like the winner only had 1 left.

I have seem some streamers can fly extra distances by somehow gliding more once your jump jets kick in. How is this done?
If you look directly up, so that your camera is basically right under your character, he/she will put their boosters on when close to the ground allowing you to go huge distances. The downside is you basically do it blindly. Not sure if its an intentional feature or weird quirk.

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a report tool is starting to get glaring as the population increases. Starting to hear more and more shameless slurs in chat, people screaming, people deliberately ignoring knocked teammates for no reason, etc.

Oct 28, 2017
The Wingman is devastating early game. So my squad rushes ahead and doesn't scout just to understand what they're up against. They immediately run into two squads who of course eat them alive. I only have a wingman but with a blue magazine and I manage to run around like a maniac enough to get 1v1 scenarios. I end up killing four people but my squad didn't have faith and actually disconnected.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the default sens of 5 in apex (along with most "gaming mice" having like 32000 DPI) has peoples sensitivities waaay too high.

btw this is two boards youve taken my name on....
If it makes you feel any better, on both this board and GAF I tried to get a different name which was also taken :) This is my fallback.

Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Damn cowards, dropped in and 1 died almost immediately, got his beacon but he left the game right before we got to the respawn, 2nd guy died and left immediately, managed to finish off the squad and got to the very end and it seems like the winner only had 1 left.
I leave immediately when I have no faith on the team doing something, so I don't feel any guilt for doing it.

Dec 12, 2017
I enjoy this game. I need to get better shooting but that comes from getting spicy and it’s hard to get ransoms to get on board with that. Do we have a place to put gametags?

Oct 28, 2017
Lahti, Finland
I feel kinda bad even complaining about this, but the fact that you don’t get an apex pack every level does bug me a little coming from overwatch
I'm with you on this one. And because leveling progress gets slower the higher you climb, it feels somehow even worse. And if they really completely stop after a point, it's even worse. I hope they move onto a system similar to OW.

This is legitimately the only thing that's bugging me on the game to be honest. Everything else is ace.

Oct 26, 2017
Was feeling kinda down about my time with the game lately since I still find it so hard to kill people in this game. That changed when I popped a Gibraltar air strike on top of a full squad that had just revived 2 members and wiped them out fully and become the kill leader. Wish moments like that were more common, but I'm sure that's just a me issue.

Still struggling with the high ttk and my lack of aiming skill. Lowered the mouse sensitivity from the default 5 down to a 3 and that's made a difference. Not dramatic, but it's something

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy this game. I need to get better shooting but that comes from getting spicy and it’s hard to get ransoms to get on board with that. Do we have a place to put gametags?
I downloaded Titanfall 2 to practice. It’s not perfect match, but it’s close enough if you’re like me and haven’t played a shooter in a while.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Squads I've won with.
Best setups I've found.

2x players Close Rage (Peacekeeper, DPS SMG R99 Prowler w/addon, Devotion)
1x Sniper Rifle main (Triple Take, Longbow w/addon)
2x Mid Range (Rifles)

Also always give Bangalore Digital Threat Holo sights. Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
This, so much this. Game was incredible the first 5 days or so when people were legit into objectives and teamplay. Now everybody wants to be a hero, nobody revives anymore, they quit for no reason, drop at shit locations as if it was Fortnite... the experience is far worse now.
Yeah it really sucks. Like this weekend even people were using the ping system and helping out today I've had multiple instances where people leave before the jump even.

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Ton of players watching Twitch thinking they can be the next Shroud. Then they try to go off solo and get own. I had this one dude, he had 400 kills with Wraith. He was decent, but nothing special. Starting when we dropped, he would just run off and do whatever. Eventually, he bit off more than he could chew and died. By the time me and the other guy caught up, he raged quit.

Oct 28, 2017
You know what I just realized? If Caustic is immune to his own gasses due to his gas mask, then shouldn't Pathfinder not be affected as well, due to its lack of respiratory system? 🤔

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, they seriously need to make the player death "crates" (that have all their items in it) have no collision on them.

I literally just lost a match because one of my team mates died while he was above me sitting on a little clifl perch, then his box ended up right ont op of me and I was unable to move and ended up dying because of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I leave immediately when I have no faith on the team doing something, so I don't feel any guilt for doing it.
The 2nd guy I get..but the first? He died nearly instantly, me and the other guy killed all 3 of the squad that killed him, picked his banner up and was like 20secs away from the respawn. If you're going to quit out every time you die, may as well not play til solo is in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on this one. And because leveling progress gets slower the higher you climb, it feels somehow even worse. And if they really completely stop after a point, it's even worse. I hope they move onto a system similar to OW.

This is legitimately the only thing that's bugging me on the game to be honest. Everything else is ace.
They're probably not gonna do that given it's a f2p game.

...wut

I had no idea mods could change things so much.
There are some weapon-specific mods that change them up like that. Prowler has one that gives it full auto firing.