Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 31, 2017
He’s situational as hell and I’ve only ever seen him used effectively once. And it was during the final circle where we absolutely had to be in doors. I feel like unless people NEED to come to you, his kit is lame. At least from what I’ve seen.
Yeah, I am getting that feeling too, his gas bags are good to place next to in door doors when you're hiding but shooting them didn't get me anywhere and this ult's probably the best to throw in to windows when there's a squad in side, would have been cool if he himself got to see through the cloud too.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, they seriously need to make the player death "crates" (that have all their items in it) have no collision on them.

I literally just lost a match because one of my team mates died while he was above me sitting on a little clifl perch, then his box ended up right ont op of me and I was unable to move and ended up dying because of it.
This just happened to my friend! xD

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Thanks. So - in this instance - should we expect it unlock legends or anything?
It's possible, it would be a big unlock though, maybe on the last level ? Or they could give out apex coins or whatever they're called at regular intervals. Hard to say for now.

What DPI and in game sens are people learning to?

I seem to have settled on 800 DPI and 3 in game sens.
I'm at 800 DPI and around 2 in game sens (can't remember the exact amount) and I'm still not really comfortable, I might try lowering it a bit again. Or I might just suck at FPS games lol.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at 800 DPI and around 2 in game sens (can't remember the exact amount) and I'm still not really comfortable, I might try lowering it a bit again. Or I might just suck at FPS games lol.
I generally suck tbh though I don't do too badly I guess. I have no clue how people play on 400 DPI game feels like I am pulling the mouse through treacle!

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, UK
What kind of balance changes? I haven’t seen anything too egregious that would warrant one a week removed from launch.
Well I don't know what they would be willing to change but if I could have it my way, I would:
Buff Mozambique magazine size to 4
Caustic teammate gas bombs no longer fuck up your screen
Increase Wraith running speed during tactical ability
Slight buff to default SMG magazine size

In addition:
Report system
Stay as a team system
Fixes to crashing issues

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here effective with Caustic? I'm trying to figure out how to use him correctly but his ult has not been doing that great for me, only my team mates complaining they can't see.
He’s situational as hell and I’ve only ever seen him used effectively once. And it was during the final circle where we absolutely had to be in doors. I feel like unless people NEED to come to you, his kit is lame. At least from what I’ve seen.
His traps are more useful as an alarm system. You get hit marker and they turn yellow (can see through walls). When I started using them like this he became a lot more fun.

The damage is pretty negligible and could probably use a buff. It does slow enemies tho so I imagine it’s good to run up and attack someone that just tripped one as they scramble to get away. But that’s only possible if you’re real close to them when they do that.

The area the ult fills is kinda small too. Often fire it indoors thinking it’d fill a room but nah they just find a safe corner. Similar to above strat described above I think it’s probably best to be aggressive after using it even though you kinda want the gas to do the work.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how the battle pass is gonna work with new characters. Exclusive to pass holders for a week? After that maybe I can use my in game currency to get them.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I don't know what they would be willing to change but if I could have it my way, I would:
Buff Mozambique magazine size to 4
Caustic teammate gas bombs no longer fuck up your screen
Increase Wraith running speed during tactical ability
Slight buff to default SMG magazine size

In addition:
Report system
Stay as a team system
Fixes to crashing issues
I think that Caustic’s gas is friendly fire to balance out teams just hiding in buildings surrounded by gas mines which would make sense. Wraith does not need a buff to her speed when she already is teleporting all over the damn place lol. I do agree there are some glitches and things they need to address though.

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, UK
I think that Caustic’s gas is friendly fire to balance out teams just hiding in buildings surrounded by gas mines which would make sense. Wraith does not need a buff to her speed when she already is teleporting all over the damn place lol. I do agree there are some glitches and things they need to address though.
For a team-based game, Caustic currently makes no sense when he fucks over his own team mates with his abilities. They should remove the friendly-fire or change the abilities altogether because it makes no sense right now. Its actually annoying to play with people who use Caustic because all his abilities hinder your own team inside or outside of a building.

Wraith's tactical is a 19 second cooldown, a pretty long cooldown and the fact she can be followed whilst using it means she can easily be destroyed the second she comes out of it. A small buff to her sprint speed during its use (more inline with her speed during her Ultimate) would make sense to help her get out of sticky situations (the entire point of the ability id say)

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Wraiths Shadow step should not only be faster, the trail shouldn’t be as obvious. Gotten the easiest kills on her because I just follow her helpless blue streak and spitfire her.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Wraith Q is fine? I don't think is that easy to see in the heat of the battle and I feel is more of a tactical move to gain advantage between positions or before entering combat rather than a free card to get the hell out of a 1 VS 1 fight when things go wrong.

Oct 28, 2017
Mirage is so fun. It took me a while to get used to the controls in Apex (and I still desperately need a seperate slider for sniper sensitivity) but my friends and I have been winning pretty frequently. I wasn't feeling any of the other legends and then I realized that Mirage basically had the Hologram armor ability from Halo: Reach. So I bought him up real quick. It's been a game changer for me. It's SO fun tricking people with his decoys. We got into a lobby today where the champion team had players with hundreds of kills. The first squad we come across I throw out a decoy past a corner and they fall for it. Turns out that it was the champion team, so even people who've put tons of time into Apex already are still susceptible to his decoys.

Also G7 Scout > everything else.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I've turned the corner on Pathfinder. He's like Claptrap if the devs were aware that he sucked, which kinda makes him... awesome?

I'm currently saving up scrap to get the Pathfinder-attacked-by-a-crow banner. It's perfect.

Jan 12, 2018
Anyone here effective with Caustic? I'm trying to figure out how to use him correctly but his ult has not been doing that great for me, only my team mates complaining they can't see.
Early game I play as a trapmaster, leaving gas mines near exits, narrow canyon entrances, rooms once they’re looted, etc. He really shines late game in tight corridors.

His ult I’ve found most helpful in catching an enemy squad lacking indoors and can straight disrupt shootouts. His passive lets you see enemies hit with your gas so try to communicate that as well as you can to teammates and you’ll be a great contribution.

Oct 31, 2017
Early game I play as a trapmaster, leaving gas mines near exits, narrow canyon entrances, rooms once they’re looted, etc. He really shines late game in tight corridors.

His ult I’ve found most helpful in catching an enemy squad lacking indoors and can straight disrupt shootouts. His passive lets you see enemies hit with your gas so try to communicate that as well as you can to teammates and you’ll be a great contribution.
Do the traps go off within proximity of the enemy or just by gun fire? The description isn't really clear what 'triggered" means in this context.

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible, it would be a big unlock though, maybe on the last level ? Or they could give out apex coins or whatever they're called at regular intervals. Hard to say for now.
Cheers!

Yeah Wraiths Shadow step should not only be faster, the trail shouldn’t be as obvious. Gotten the easiest kills on her because I just follow her helpless blue streak and spitfire her.
Yeah. With good use of traversal it’s perfect for flanking foes who are concentrating on the rest of your team.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
I finally spawned in solo with Pathfinder and spent 15 minutes trying to do the advanced grapple stuff. Great fun and was able to out run the first group who found me pretty effectively.

Jan 9, 2018
Do the traps go off within proximity of the enemy or just by gun fire? The description isn't really clear what 'triggered" means in this context.
Them touching it makes it go off, I don't know the radius but it's pretty small so you need to really block off a corridor if you want to use it as a warning system.

I would increase the radius if I were Respawn imo.

Mirage is so fun. It took me a while to get used to the controls in Apex (and I still desperately need a seperate slider for sniper sensitivity) but my friends and I have been winning pretty frequently. I wasn't feeling any of the other legends and then I realized that Mirage basically had the Hologram armor ability from Halo: Reach. So I bought him up real quick. It's been a game changer for me. It's SO fun tricking people with his decoys. We got into a lobby today where the champion team had players with hundreds of kills. The first squad we come across I throw out a decoy past a corner and they fall for it. Turns out that it was the champion team, so even people who've put tons of time into Apex already are still susceptible to his decoys.

Also G7 Scout > everything else.
How do you deal with the G7 Scout kickback recoil after 2 shots thou?

It's my only problem with the gun, after 2 shots the accuracy goes to hell

Oct 25, 2017
That’s not really what is happening. If the jumpmaster knows how to dip and level out, they can gain the same speed boost.

How it works is you start slowing down if you’re not in a straight up dive. So you dive for half a second or so to build momentum, then level out again. This is also how you can jump to the far off landing zones on the complete opposite sides of the map.
Yup. Tried it again yesterday evening and you were right.

Oct 25, 2017
Some thoughts:

- Bullets and grenades should travel through portals
- Kicking doors open should one-shot enemies and send them flying
- I need dual wielding in my life.

Oct 28, 2017
How do you deal with the G7 Scout kickback recoil after 2 shots thou?

It's my only problem with the gun, after 2 shots the accuracy goes to hell
I haven't really noticed the kickback. I have more trouble controlling the full-auto weapons in the game. I usually just space out my shots a bit. And when I'm in close quarters I use hip fire or I switch to a different gun. Hip fire with the G7 seems really good. I've melted quite a few people up close.

Apr 23, 2018
Man, I played this game Sunday and Monday on PC and I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck at it, lmao

I think the combination of fast movement and high time to kill makes it pretty hard for me to kill someone, since you have to hit your shots consistently while they are jumping/sliding/running and if they have a level 2 or 3 armor, you have to hit a lot of shots.

I can help a little bit with the abilities and use the ping system but outside of that I'm pretty useless, lol

I have to play a lot more to get used to the game

Oct 26, 2017
So I will be able to unlock a new legend today.
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.
While Mirage has great utility and is very versatile...

Am I missing something if I see Mirage as the clear first choice?

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.

Mirage is useful in about any fight. Caustic is a bit more context-specific and only really works in close areas, but it can be devastating. A "hidden" use of its canisters is the fact you can place them in key areas so when a hitmarker appears, someone set off your trap so it's a bit of a recon function too. If you love Bloodhound's recon abilities, you can work Caustic around it, and similarly the ultimate can generate some multikills, but mainly in an enclosed area. Mirage is much easier to use though, as in any battle that one single fake clone of yours can make the enemy lose focus of you for that split second that may decide who goes down first. Both are fun classes overall.

Jan 9, 2018

Well depends on your playstyle, Mirage has great utility with his decoy. But his passive is kinda meh.
His Ultimate while good, takes a while to activate and you can still be hit in the crossfire (you're invisible, not invincible)

I would choose Caustic more, his overall kit just makes more of a difference for me, especially late game in small circles.

Oct 27, 2017
I pinged a level three shield for a random multiple times but he would rather stay with his level one shit for the entire match...smh