• Reminder: Scheduled maintenance will begin on the hour.
  • The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
People having crashes, try setting texture streaming to high or lower. My gpu is 1070, should have 8gb of vram so thought I could set texture streaming to 8gb.

Every second match ended in a crash until I changed the setting to lower and have had zero crashes since.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I pinged a level three shield for a random multiple times but he would rather stay with his level one shit for the entire match...smh
Sometimes you gotta talk to them directly for them to notice. I just straight up order them to grab the item I'm pinging in text chat sometimes lol.

"lifeline, grab the accelerant! take and use every single one you come across"

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
so yesterday playing as caustic i picked up a gun (dont remember which maybe it was the p90 looking one) and when i ads i got my view obstructed by something, it was like an object was clipping through. has someone had something similar happen? of course i lost the first 1v1 on that match, i couldnt see anything.

I haven't really noticed the kickback. I have more trouble controlling the full-auto weapons in the game. I usually just space out my shots a bit. And when I'm in close quarters I use hip fire or I switch to a different gun. Hip fire with the G7 seems really good. I've melted quite a few people up close.
Huh, I gotta keep trying the G7 I guess... The kickback at mid range is killing this weapon for me I can't control recoil when everyone has recoilless weapons being shot at me

Oct 25, 2017
Join my first match during my lunch break. My two teammates take off elsewhere in the last seconds. I die due to someone getting a weapon quicker. Both my teammates aren't that far but proceed to ignore my banner anyway.

Randoms are practically unplayable nowadays.

Oct 27, 2017
So I will be able to unlock a new legend today.
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.
While Mirage has great utility and is very versatile...

Am I missing something if I see Mirage as the clear first choice?
Yup, basically Mirage is just more useful in a variety of situation while Caustic is very situational but he his great when those situations are met. I have both characters and went with Mirage first and I don't regret it.

So I will be able to unlock a new legend today.
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.
While Mirage has great utility and is very versatile...

Am I missing something if I see Mirage as the clear first choice?
You can do smart plays with mirage such as using the clone to "fake loot" a crate or even a clone crouching moving towards the enemy so you can flank.

At the end of the day it's one of those characters who will only trick new players thou

Oct 29, 2017
I've 100% had games where I've killed someone but it awards it to my friends, not that it matters I guess it's just a number.

I assume something fucky is going on but also that the person who downs a person gets it, not kills a person?
I mean, I shot someone 2 times with a sniper, friend downs him with the last shot, I run over and execute the person and that game I got 0 kills, should be shared in my opinion.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
We have no idea what it's gonna look like, do we? If it's gonna come with a whole bunch of quests to fullfill like in Fortnite I'm out. I really don't want to feel forced to play again.
This is the exact stuff I do want. I mean, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game already and will probably keep playing for quite a while, but I'd love to have optional missions and tasks to complete for loot/credits/something.

I've 100% had games where I've killed someone but it awards it to my friends, not that it matters I guess it's just a number.

I assume something fucky is going on but also that the person who downs a person gets it, not kills a person?
I mean, I shot someone 2 times with a sniper, friend downs him with the last shot, I run over and execute the person and that game I got 0 kills, should be shared in my opinion.
The one who downs the enemy gets the kill. If you got a kill for eliminating a downed enemy, you can bet some people would make that their first priority, even in the middle of a battle.

No system is perfect, but this is, in my opinion, easily the best way to do it.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Battle pass is fine.You are not "forced" to play.
I know noone's pointing a gun at my head to play. I just feel that weird obligation to complete quests because I wouldn't get my money's worth if I didn't, if that makes sense.

That is exactly how it works. I know it can be frustrating, but at least the game has a "Damage done" statistic so I can shut up my killstealer buddies.

Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
You get a pack every 2nd level from that point. Still get the 600 red creds every level.
This is honestly pretty pathetic given how many skins and other shit there is to unlock. I thought one pack per level was slow enough as it is. Biggest issue with the game isn't the game play itself but the rate of credit they give compared to how much items cost to craft.

Oct 27, 2017
So Shroud was talking last night that the competition from today does not really pit the streamers against each other, it’s just a competition to see who destroys randoms better during that time. That is pretty disappointing, I’ve been watching that same thing the whole week already.

Mirage is SO good. The hologram is on a short ~15s cooldown and enemies that shoot it get their position marked. It's got so much utility--you can use it to scout, to divert from a flank, to escape, etc.
Wait a second, shooting an hologram shows the player to the enemy? What kind of mark and for how long?

Lol this is a damn funny idea
This game!

Wonder how the battle pass is gonna work with new characters. Exclusive to pass holders for a week? After that maybe I can use my in game currency to get them.
Legends are separate, not part of the battlepass.

Jan 20, 2018
I was goofing around in the tutorial and I managed to kill myself lol. But this game needs a firing/test range so you can experiment with guns/legends.

Oct 28, 2017
At the end of the day it's one of those characters who will only trick new players thou
Not really. There's no clear indication that you're seeing a decoy unless you literally witnessed the Mirage sending it out. Even if you KNOW that you're looking at a real player and a decoy, your attention is still split. Just a moment's hesitation can lose you a gun battle.

Oct 27, 2017
This is the exact stuff I do want. I mean, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game already and will probably keep playing for quite a while, but I'd love to have optional missions and tasks to complete for loot/credits/something.
Yeah I love stuff like that and it’s why I’m looking forward to the pass. I just hope it’s stuff that is kinda easy to achieve for the fun of it just by playing for a while, I’m not looking for hard challenges like getting 3k damage in a match.

Oct 28, 2017
And the best part is hes not a complete shithead like a lot of other streamers on top of it. PLus the games he streams have always appealed to me a lot more. So happy to have a BR game that isn't dependent on building platforms thats gained mass appeal.
Haha, it's kind of annoying how Shroud will complain about EVERYTHING whenever he tries a new game though. He has no patience at all. When he first started playing Siege he was trashing the game because he had to learn the maps. Then he learned the maps and everything was fine and dandy. It's the same song and dance with every new game he plays. It sucks until he learns how to play it. Then it's fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Another match, my teammates don't wait for me while I loot. Both get killed. One of them quits almost immediately while I am risking my life to save his ass. The other doesn't quit so I save him. We try and ninja in the final circles but he starts shooting at the ground so a team of 3 sees us and attacks us.

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates. I need to play like a dozen matches to find 2 that aren't idiots. And mind, I am not talking about newcomers. I carried newcomers to the win when they were smart enough to stick together and not do stupid shit. This was not the case lately. It was awesome the first days.

Hopefully Respawn implements some penalty to those who leave like this. Of course the game has to be crash-free first, and it wouldn't solve the teammates being dumb, but it would be a start.

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the battle pass, I really hope it has no esoteric or game changing challenges. I just want to play the game and earn stuff, I don't want teammates screwing around in the match with a Mozambique because something in the battle pass needed them to.

Am I right in that the enemy team can see Bloodhound's orange pulse when searching for enemies?
Yes.

Oct 25, 2017
So Shroud was talking last night that the competition from today does not really pit the streamers against each other, it’s just a competition to see who destroys randoms better during that time. That is pretty disappointing, I’ve been watching that same thing the whole week already.
Yeah, while the gameplay part feels complete everything outside of that is quite barebones and they clearly don't have a way of queuing people against each other yet. Hopefully having them all playing at once will mean they face each other sometimes.

Also Dr Disrespect is quite good at the wrestling showboating thing so it should be more entertaining than a normal stream

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Cannot decide who to stick with, I suppose I will just play them all. I wish there was a universal kill count I could display on the banner.

Gib, Bloodhound and Wraith are the three I have been playing the most so far.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I love stuff like that and it’s why I’m looking forward to the pass. I just hope it’s stuff that is kinda easy to achieve for the fun of it just by playing for a while, I’m not looking for hard challenges like getting 3k damage in a match.
I'm hoping for both! A bunch of easy to finish tasks and then a handful of difficulty ones to work towards. Something like 3k damage in a match might be a bit too much lol, but something along those lines.

Oct 25, 2017
Another match, my teammates don't wait for me while I loot. Both get killed. One of them quits almost immediately while I am risking my life to save his ass. The other doesn't quit so I save him. We try and ninja in the final circles but he starts shooting at the ground so a team of 3 sees us and attacks us.

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates. I need to play like a dozen matches to find 2 that aren't idiots. And mind, I am not talking about newcomers. I carried newcomers to the win when they were smart enough to stick together and not do stupid shit. This was not the case lately. It was awesome the first days.

Hopefully Respawn implements some penalty to those who leave like this. Of course the game has to be crash-free first, and it wouldn't solve the teammates being dumb, but it would be a start.
25 million players, can't all be legends :D

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope all challenges only make you play normally, without having to do random shit like on Fortnite where you have to shoot discs, ring doorbells, use specific weapons, etc.. Finish in the top 5 x times. Land in 5 different locations. Glide for 2 miles total. Kill enemies in 5 different matches. Players should be encouraged to keep looking at the game as a battle royale, not as a checklist of unrelated objectives, quitting as soon as you got them. I'll probably quit the game if that is what they do, I can't stand how 80 people out of 100 only care about challenges in Fortnite so they die/quit in the first 5 minutes, and I'd rather not see this here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope all challenges only make you play normally, without having to do random shit like on Fortnite where you have to shoot discs, ring doorbells, use specific weapons, etc.. Finish in the top 5 x times. Land in 5 different locations. Glide for 2 miles total. Kill enemies in 5 different matches. Players should be encouraged to keep looking at the game as a battle royale, not as a checklist of unrelated objectives, quitting as soon as you got them. I'll probably quit the game if that is what they do, I can't stand how 80 people out of 100 only care about challenges in Fortnite so they die/quit in the first 5 minutes, and I'd rather not see this here.
I seriously doubt the devs at Respawn would be, well, dumb enough to introduce a bunch of random tasks like this, considering how much thought has gone into making it easy to play as a team, even with randos. We'll see, of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Just played with a Lifeline who didn't heal us once or use her ult all game. I admit, she could shoot but in the end it cost us because I kept having to use stims to stay alive and she was too gung-ho. Like, what excuse do you have for not using pressing LB all game?

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates.
Are you on PC? I'm baddy who can listen.

Just played with a Lifeline who didn't heal us once or use her ult all game. I admit, she could shoot but in the end it cost us because I kept having to use stims to stay alive and she was too gung-ho. Like, what excuse do you have for not using pressing LB all game?
What do you mean LB. Lifeline is just my favourite skin.

Oct 25, 2017
Source was ported to iOS - Valve has DOTA 2 & Artifact running on an iPad already
Didn't they say that getting a world to work on source at this scale was the greatest technical challenge of the project? Are we sure that that's something phones are ready for? Who am I kidding. Phones can run damn near anything today.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Didn't they say that getting a world to work on source at this scale was the greatest technical challenge of the project? Are we sure that that's something phones are ready for? Who am I kidding. Phones can run damn near anything today.
Yeah, phone CPUs are better that console CPUs at this point. If Razer is serious about their Xbox iPhone Controller things for 2020, mobile Apex Legends will be super viable.

Oct 27, 2017
Won my 4th match by myself today. Jump in with 2 randoms with one kid leaving immediately because he went for the loot ship and got killed and started screaming for us to Rez him. The 2nd guy gets about halfway through the game and just randomly disconnects so now it’s me vs. like 30+ people. I make my way to the Watchtower South and managed to pick up a Peacekeeper with the Mod and all hell breaks loose. Squads start coming left and right fighting each other and I’m just running and killing and dodging before I pick up a Mastiff from a care package. Hide out in the last ring and pick off a Wraith with my G7 right as a Gibraltar busts through the door with a Spitfire and shield. I run away and hide behind a box in another room and blast him in the back with the Mastiff which is a one hit down and I win. I love this game lol.

Oct 31, 2017
Something to bear in mind when you respawn someone is that they come back with no items at all. If there are none lying around in nearby crates, the least you can do is offer them your second weapon.

Oct 25, 2017
he went for the loot ship and got killed and started screaming for us to Rez him.
lmao just enjoy the salt.

Grats on your sick solo win, guy.
Something to bear in mind when you respawn someone is that they come back with no items at all. If there are none lying around in nearby crates, the least you can do is offer them your second weapon.
Also, lifeline respawns with her heal on cooldown.

So she has to wait a minute before she can help you.

Oct 29, 2017
Tried this a few times. I really don't get the hype for battle royal, collecting items for 5+ minutes then shooting for 15 seconds. But seems like people who are into it are really into it which is always good.

I'll be passing though I think. Can't really get into this game mode in general across all the games that feature it.

Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline's drone needs to be portable, I keep using it beside an injured person who then runs away from it no matter how much I ping it.

Had 2 kills that were not awarded, but it's ok as it led to my first championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.