• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
If you aren't being tricksy with your gas traps and getting them popped you don't deserve to don the goggles

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're useful for area denial and retreats in a confined space; for example, if you're trying to flee down a hallway, you can drop some traps behind you to deter the enemy from following. Or at least, they would be useful if the enemy couldn't just immediately deactivate them with a single gunshot.
Unless you fight someone who realizes they do 2 damage and just walks their ass straight through them.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me they are working on fixing that glitch that restricts your movement and sprinting after being downed.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw this on reddit and had no idea this was a thing...
oavnqtda83h21.png
RIP Caustic mains loool

I don't play him but I don't think it's a big deal. His traps were pointless in the open already and way too about if you didn't know this. Around cliffs, corners or anywhere inside hidden is still not easy to spot especially during a hectic battle and that's his strong points.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hate that people can jump solo, so many matches are jumping straight down or someone jumping far away and someone just jumps straight down and splits up the team. The amount of matches that ends in 1 minute because everyone has the same strategy ruins this for me

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they rework Gibraltar.He's my favorite character but he really is at a disadvantage compared to other heroes.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they rework Gilbrator. He's my favorite character but he really is at a disadvantage compared to other heroes.

I feel like his shield is a bit shit. Its very noticeable from distance, and it feels like they designed it as an afterthought to protect your team from his own ultimate. Maybe if it prevented people from entering it that aren't on your team, it'd be more interesting. Would lead to some very funny situations.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else never quit a match early? Reading about people who always quit matches for various reasons has me scratching my head.

I started one match where the jumpmaster pulled us over the edge of the map into the water. The other 2 of us pulled off in time and landed on the map while the jumpmaster died in the ocean. His respawn tag appeared on the land, so we respawned him. We won that match and all played well together.

Anything can happen if you give people a chance. The issue I see with this game is not poor performance from randoms, but poor sportsmanship from people who ragequit early and screw over the rest of their team.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like his shield is a bit shit. Its very noticeable from distance, and it feels like they designed it as an afterthought to protect your team from his own ultimate. Maybe if it prevented people from entering it that aren't on your team, it'd be more interesting. Would lead to some very funny situations.
Or make it like the bubble sheild in Halo, bullets can go out but not in.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else never quit a match early? Reading about people who always quit matches for various reasons has me scratching my head.

I started one match where the jumpmaster pulled us over the edge of the map into the water. The other 2 of us pulled off in time and landed on the map while the jumpmaster died in the ocean. His respawn tag appeared on the land, so we respawned him. We won that match and all played well together.

Anything can happen if you give people a chance. The issue I see with this game is not poor performance from randoms, but poor sportsmanship from people who ragequit early and screw over the rest of their team.

I always wait until it times out to leave even if the game is going horribly.

A couple of my wins have been when I've played terrible or someone else has and I've spent most of the time picking someone up rather than killing or they did the same for me.

It great that the game has this option and it sets it apart from other games, people who just peace out when they get downed are probably rude in real life.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
Winning a match feels fantastic. Winning a match down a man feels bombastic. Winning a match alone? There's just nothin' like it.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting more wins solo than with friends? I play for hours with my buddies and never get a win. Then they all sign off and I play one or two more and instantly champion (often as kill leader) . This has happened multiple days in a row.

I know they are good at fps so it's not their skill level, just unfortunate we can't get a win together.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because I don't have the patience to deal with a lot of the shitty teammates.

If I die in a battle and you loot me, I quit.
If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit.
Yesterday I had no health and requested health. I watched my teammate pick up a medkit and run off. I requested again and he didn't drop so I quit

Tbh, numerous instances like the third one will cause me to quit.

I honestly don't care if it's a nice thing to do. It's a video game and I'll quit if I want to.

Lmfaoooo

Some people are just not meant for multiplayer games

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Woah what is going on now? I'm getting so much more lag and I just got disconnected from a game while my squad is in top 5.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit.
Yesterday I had no health and requested health. I watched my teammate pick up a medkit and run off. I requested again and he didn't drop so I quit

I honestly don't care if it's a nice thing to do. It's a video game and I'll quit if I want to.
Honestly you sound like you're the 'shit' third teammate to a lot of groups. Pathetic attitude toward online team play.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nah, you sound like "shit"
You quit the game if your teammate loots your box after you do down. That's a pretty pathetic tantrum for an adult to have in a squad BR.

Nice quip but ultimately your post details you being a shit team member to the team before going 'lol don't care, just a game'. Juvenile at best.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You quit the game if your teammate loots your box after you do down. That's a pretty pathetic tantrum in a team BR.

Nice quip but ultimately your post details you being a shit team member to the team before going 'lol don't care, just a game'. Juvenile at best.
We already went through this. You missed the bus.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

When you feel the need to tell the entire forum you're a child lol

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Need some help here -
My stepson has an xbox one and is stuck on the loading screen. When he presses the button to go to the "main screen" it asks for his live password... what gives?

I didnt need anything like this on my PS4...

EDIT: Second problem is he says the game is in German... we're in Sweden so we'll read English thank you very much... what the hell is going on with the XBO version?

Last edited:

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I think Chappie has reach sufficient levels of memery to eclipse the movie's awfulness and make this okay.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean if you're dead and your teammate recovers your banner, who is the 'shitty teammate'? What if they needed ammo or healing in order to safely bring you back? Why wouldn't they loot the enemies they defeated? You died, why would bringing you back be of absolute highest priority to a random teammate?

This seems like such a toxic mindset.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That stretch for a joke
I mean dude, you literally detailed a post about how you can't stop having tantrums over a game because people in your team don't act exactly as you want them to.

Can deflect all you like, but again - for an adult playing a team game that's pathetic.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ok, the amount of people leaving after they die (not allowing me a chance to respawn) is getting out of hand. before it was like maybe 5% of games,now its like 75% of games. wtf

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean dude, you literally detailed a post about how you can't stop having tantrums over a game because people in your team don't act exactly as you want them to.

Can deflect all you like, but again - for an adult playing a team game that's pathetic.
Me quitting isn't a "tantrum". Learn what words mean before you use them. Also, grow up and stop name calling.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I had 5 wins yesterday, one where my team abandoned me. And yet, I have started noticing my heart beat has stabilized for these final squads. A lot of the time, I didn't even notice we were on final two until CHAMPION pops up. Just mowing down squads, and on to the next.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this right you don't like what this guy has to say about bad teammates and your only rebuttal is the stupid unoriginal yikes and insulting him calling him forever alone?

Why is this allowed in the first place? what does responding with yikes like a prick add to this thread. Dude gave valid reason and you just insult him with a drive by post.

Yikes
#foreveralone
Didn't you also say you quit on your teammates 🤔

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not manipulating anything. You straight up gave us the myriad of pathetic reasons that cause you to bail on your team and quit the match.
Grow up, coming from the guy who legitimately quits games because people take his items after he dies, or grabs a chest before reviving him.

Lmao.

But what I actually said was

"If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit."

One of those is not like the other

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
ok, the amount of people leaving after they die (not allowing me a chance to respawn) is getting out of hand. before it was like maybe 5% of games,now its like 75% of games. wtf

I'm guessing it's either new players or so many people are starting to rage quit. Which makes sense since the game has become really popular you have all the sweaty people getting upset when they die.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
My experience with randoms has been exactly what one should expect from randos. Most of the time, it's landing in a hot zone and die within 2 minutes. There have been enough games where I've been matched up with competent and sometimes legit good players that I'm not swearing off solo queueing. The ping system makes teamwork possible with randos!

But more often than not, I'm playing with regulars from the Era and Giant Bomb Apex discord groups, and it's been a lot of fun with a ton of wins. If you're still complaining about your teammates with the resources available here to connect you with good folks, then I don't know what to tell you.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Started playing this yesterday. Tips?

I have played PUBG and Fortnite in the past, but this seems to be trying quite a lot of different stuff, so I'm kinda lost.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
But what I actually said was

"If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit."

One of those is not like the other
Nah, you said:

"If I die in a battle and you loot me, I quit"

Which is a pathetic attitude for an adult to have in a team BR game.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a crazy fun game. At one point both my teammates died, one was beyond reviving, but I killed the enemy squad and grabbed the dude's revive banner a split second before it disappeared. Then it took forever to get to a respawn beacon because the ring closed on us but thankfully the guy was understanding. Then the final squad was camped on a rooftop and it looked like all hope was lost but then the ring closed on them and they had to jump down and we mauled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.