• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Or maybe even display this information in the HUD. The game could definitely show me more information about my squad mates, their tactical/ultimate ability cooldown included.

Mixed views about this. Prefer to keep HUD and notifications to a minimum, besides it opens the door for toxicity having the minutiae of your kit and cooldowns on view. There's enough backseat drivers in these type of games already. Maybe I've seen something around the corner and I don't think dropping a health drone right now is safe?

Downs should count imho. There should be a kills vs eliminated stat. While im used to it (lol) it sucks to get caught in a crazy gunfight where you and the team did admirable and got some knockdowns, then the splash screen shows no kills, lol

Knockdowns even themselves out. How many times have you been downed and then revived? It doesn't count as a kill for the other player either. Damage stats are a good enough indicator to how well you've played.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I'm about the same but this is why I love this game even though I've never been into online shooters - you really feel you can be contributing without it being all about kill count and K/D ratio.

Yeah. When I see the champion squad guys with like 2,000 kills I'm like yeah, well, I'm going to totally point out a lot of cool shit this match. I might even shoot some smoke grenades that end up saving my teammates. So take that.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I have a bunch of different clips that I'll start sharing here now that I know how to post videos from my PS4 to Youtube, but here's one from yesterday where I basically just camped a bit while the remaining two squads duked it out. Was an exciting finish for me.

Good shit! Nice job hiding too, they ran right by you lol.
Also holy fuck at all the missed shots from your oponents. Thats def not the experience I get on PC. I wish people would be so inaccurate on PC.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Dunno, chief. They passed by plenty of different weapons that could've replaced it too.

To be fair, they were working it really well. At one point, they murdered a unit head-on singled handedly. Whatever works for them I guess?

Actually, you may be able to ask them yourself; they should be a member here. PSN is... actually, they may not want me to post it. Begins with...

Stoic

Yeah I play with Stoic sometimes.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Downed people should not be able to fuck with doors lol, I had this downed dude on the other side of the door and she kept shutting it when I wanted to go through it to finish her.

Speaking of finishing, I need to remap the finisher button because sometimes I wanna grab some ammo near a downed person and the finisher progs and I get blasted because I'm stuck in this long ass animation.

Speaking of doors... funniest shit ever with a door for me was when I was holed up on the second floor of a building and healing up, and the last person on other squad's only 2 paths to me was stairs which I had the upperhand on from my angle, or the door on the second floor across from me. But there was a corpse box in front of the door. She ran to the door and tried to open it a few times only to realize a box was blocking it from opening. It just looked funny as shit. Its like she was. Like "fuck..."

Oct 26, 2017
California
Played two games this morning, won the second.

Carried the team with 10 kills, next guy had 3 and the other had 1.

Play aggressive would be my only suggestion. I'm starting to main Lifeline, after having only really played as Bangalore, and it's a lot of fun being an aggressive support character.

Lastly, Wingman + Peacekeeper for the win. Mid-range engagements are absolutely no problem with the Wing.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is a new bug I experienced last night involving getting revived. It lives you stuck in one place where you revived. Only way to get out it seems is to die and get respawned. Ill try to post the clip tonight

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Speaking of doors... funniest shit ever with a door for me was when I was holed up on the second floor of a building and healing up, and the last person on other squad's only 2 paths to me was stairs which I had the upperhand on from my angle, or the door on the second floor across from me. But there was a corpse box in front of the door. She ran to the door and tried to open it a few times only to realize a box was blocking it from opening. It just looked funny as shit. Its like she was. Like "fuck..."

Yeah the death boxes have collision on them, they blocked stairs more than once for me haha.

That mathematical absolute is by no means comparable to your opinion on loot boxes.

I think as a free to play game, loot boxes are fine, but the slow progression and 1/100 drop rates are manipulative.

I think you invalidate YOUR opinion when you cite buying into a - per your own words - "poorly handled, manipulative system". And yes, loot boxes' inherent properties - being random psychological prey markers - are not arguable. That is fact. Just like that mathematical absolute. Like saying cigarettes are not lecherous because they provide a "good" feeling despite being inherently toxic.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I preferred not knowing that lol, I hate it enough knowing my team are watching what I'm doing when I recover their banners

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of my favorite moments are when my team decide to quit or jump solo to places unknown, and I find myself alone, with the lone goal of surviving for as long as possible to reap the survive time points, its fun to just try to sneak around..and when you know your time it almost up, to take one fellow player out, and turn then into a box, before the other 2 show up and eviscerate me.

Really want solo mode, so I can just drop hot, improve my fighting (tilted towers for like 100 straight drops did that in FN) and not be a bad teammate.

Edit - I think the game also needs more 2x scopes, or 1-3x etc - its REALLY hard to see people from far away, be nice to have a little more medium distance skirmishes.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you got decent tracking, spitfire is a great counter to peacekeeper and even wingman in close range fights. Eapecially if you are hitting headshots

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
so some person rage-quit after i'd knocked them and i didn't get the elim. was this a glitch or can people do that? cos that's pretty annoying.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
If you got decent tracking, spitfire is a great counter to peacekeeper and even wingman in close range fights. Eapecially if you are hitting headshots
The spitfire eats people up at close-medium range, but I can't help but feel it gets outclassed by most shotties/R-99/Prowler at close range, and the R-301 and Hemlock at mid.

It's a jack of all trades and a master of none. Still, one of my favorite weapons, but that's just because I'm a sucker for LMG's.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
5af4535f9748248ec480206a25385386.jpg

Got a big 10k

I'm warming up to Bangalore. Most annoying personality by far, but her passive is fantastic.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If they make caustic's gas more damaging, I think he'll be more valuable. As it is now, caustic causes chaos with gas people most people don't know the gas is virtually harmless HP wise. Though most of the funniest videos are of Caustic trapping people in rooms with gas attacks.

I unlocked Mirage first, and really liked him, thinking he'd be my primary, but I went back to the medic after playing some rounds with him. He's a good character if you're playing with randoms, IMO, who you don't really trust. But, if you're playing with friends or people you normally play with, I'd rather pick the medic as she can be a tremendous help to your squad. Mirage is great early in the game, though, especially if you're dropping into hot zones because when people are desperate for guns and ammo early on they're likely to waste ammo on mirage's decoys. He's also useful to drop decoys off of the ship when the game first starts. I dunno if many people fall for that or not but I like to think that they do.

I dont mind her personality but she literally has the most corniest lines/quips in the game. I mean super corny. So corny that it has to be intentional

All of the lines are so corny. I wish there was an ability to spam Mirage's lines because they're insufferably corny.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Downs should count imho. There should be a kills vs eliminated stat. While im used to it (lol) it sucks to get caught in a crazy gunfight where you and the team did admirable and got some knockdowns, then the splash screen shows no kills, lol
Yeah I wish there was a better breakdown at the end. Show us number of knockdowns, eliminations, assists, etc.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Still no content updates is a bit concerning.

Meh, Apex Legends launched more feature complete than any other 'game as a service,' game. If you compare the first two weeks of Apex to the first two weeks of any other of these types of GaaS games over the last couple years, Apex already has way, way more content, working gameplay, etc. Most of those other games even struggle to have modes or working gameplay when they launch and try to just figure it out over time.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I think I'm just going to wait to see how the next legend is before I unlock any of them. I don't really feel the need at the moment to get the 2 currently.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Caustic's gas hinder your movement quite severely too? And screen effects hinder aiming. That's the bit that gets people I think.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Love having games with randoms who follow your every ping and instructions. Maybe listening to the rank 40 guy is worthwhile!?

DzyTzucXQAceeuy.jpg:large

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
So any news on a noob-friendly matchmaking? Getting tired of fighting against players from the fucking major league.

Status
Not open for further replies.