• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
- Our dropmaster, a level 75 Caustic pings bunker, it's right in front of the dropship so it's going to be super hot.
- I ping Thunderdome.
- Dropmaster spams ping on Bunker, ok you're the boss.
Dropmaster:"I FEEL MOST ALIVE WHEN RAPIDLY APPROACHING MY DEATH"
- At least three other squads are dropping with us.
- I choose to loot the supply bins outside the bunker, I find a wingman and a level 2 shield. I run inside the bunker.
- By then our dropmaster is down, spamming ping on every enemy, the other random got his hands on a peacekeeper and is going to town on the other squads.
- I kill/down 3 players, it seems we have full control of the bunker, I then notice our dropmaster is dead.
- Before we can grab his banner, I see he disconnected.

giphy.gif

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Our dropmaster, a level 75 Caustic pings bunker, it's right in front of the dropship so it's going to be super hot.
- I ping Thunderdome.
- Dropmaster spams ping on Bunker, ok you're the boss.
Dropmaster:"I FEEL MOST ALIVE WHEN RAPIDLY APPROACHING MY DEATH"
- At least three other squads are dropping with us.
- I choose to loot the supply bins outside the bunker, I find a wingman and a level 2 shield. I run inside the bunker.
- By then our dropmaster is down, spamming ping on every enemy, the other random got his hands on a peacekeeper and is going to town on the other squads.
- I kill/down 3 players, it seems we have full control of the bunker, I then notice our dropmaster is dead.
- Before we can grab his banner, I see he disconnected.

giphy.gif

People who constantly spam pings when they die should be permabanned.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I have no idea how you keep your aim so on target, any tips?
I don't really think my aim is all that good, but I did play a lot of Titanfall 1 when it came out. I didn't play any of 2's multiplayer outside of the beta because I didn't like some of the changes Respawn made, but Apex still shares a ton in common with TF1 and I think I'm just generally comfortable with how the game feels. It was familiar from my very first match. You just have to play a bunch and get used to it. It also helps that Apex has pretty generous aim assist.

It's also worth noting that I play with an Xbox elite controller, and I use one of the tall sticks on my right stick. If you play on PlayStation or just don't have an elite controller you can go out and buy some control freaks. Slap one of them on top of your right stick and you're good to go. It might feel weird at first but once you get used to the taller stick there is simply no going back. You'll be able to make fine adjustments much easier with a tall stick.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, i feel like i have to pretty much play this game exclusively during the day (late morning/early afternoon) to feel like im having any fun (fun not necessarily meaning winning)

The skill level spike during the evening/night time hours is very palpable.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
At first glance, it looks like I was Carrie's by 2 pros.

6bc23cdd-8391-402c-81fd-a5f263667b23.PNG

But yeah, I was. Although got a message after saying 'good game'. I played a supporting role and was marking enemies, sharing my shields and media packs, and I got one kill at least!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt. It was like that in Fortnite, too. Most of the kids are in bed after 10pm and it becomes a different game.

Big difference coming from Overwatch, where it made no difference what time of the day you played, because skill-based matchmaking was putting you with the same types of players no matter what.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please, for the love of god, mark the enemy's location when during an engagement, so that when your dumb overextending ass inevitably gets killed we can know the enemy isn't about to ambush us as soon as we turn the corner.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Sometimes if I dont want to be jumpmaster I will just let the game choose my character for me, that gives jump master to 2nd pick. I always go to the same spots, let some randos spice it up. Plus if Bangalore is picked anyway its nice to try something new, not just go to my backup lifeline then Gibs.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please, for the love of god, mark the enemy's location when during an engagement, so that when your dumb overextending ass inevitably gets killed we can know the enemy isn't about to ambush us as soon as we turn the corner.

I have 2 IRL friends who I must say JUST PING IT 5 times a match as they are trying to describe the heading to look and what rock to look left of, lol. I'm like DOUBLE PING IT, DO THE TUTORIAL

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, i feel like i have to pretty much play this game exclusively during the day (late morning/early afternoon) to feel like im having any fun (fun not necessarily meaning winning)

Thats the only time I get to play, and I have heard the same sentiment from buddies that play all hours.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

No doubt. It was like that in Fortnite, too. Most of the kids are in bed after 10pm and it becomes a different game.

Big difference coming from Overwatch, where it made no difference what time of the day you played, because skill-based matchmaking was putting you with the same types of players no matter what.
Counterpoint: the old guys like me show up after 10 pm and bring that skill level all the way back down :P

benj

Oct 27, 2017
pubbies in this game are absolutely NUTS about looting and avoiding engagements for 10 minutes, then dying in their first fight

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
pubbies in this game are absolutely NUTS about looting and avoiding engagements for 10 minutes, then dying in their first fight
Ya, and it's tough for me to relate, because when I first started playing online FPS back in the 90s there was no possibility of hiding like that. So even when I was a noob playing Quake 2 for the first time, hiding from fights just wasn't even an option. The only option was to play to get better.

I can relate to having bad aim, bad decision making, bad movement, bad map awareness, bad reflexes, whatever else at some points of my life playing games, but running away and hiding from fights I just can't.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
After putting some time in with the Havoc I think it's pretty garbage without either of the receivers due to the spin up time. The Tubocharger makes it a perfectly serviceable auto rifle but nothing special that the Flatline or Carbine couldn't do. The select fire one on the other hand makes it a pretty nasty sniper since you don't have to worry about bullet drop. Whenever I can, I'm going for that since having the option to switch back to auto rifle mode in closer combat situations makes it pretty versatile.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I got my first two wins later last week but man these past couple of days have been nothing but groups dropping immediately then dying because everyone else did, real frustrating.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Two wins tonight. Finally put one away as bangalore and got my customary pathfinder win. I can see why bangalore is so popular. The speed boost is insane especially combined with the smoke.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just got a second place running solo for 20 minutes.

My squad got downed after 2 minutes in a hot drop. I had no weapon!

I rushed to the nearest area found a Spitfire and pinged them to say I was on route... but they both left.

I was determined to make a game of it and waited for gun fire, went to the fire fight, and picked off the losing squad (or what was left).

Took out the last man of the third squad and the ring was closing on the tiny ring so I had to rush.

Took one out, but the other two squad mates got me. Pleased with a second place finish!

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Alway a chance you will in the future lol?

Btw for those who don't know heirloom is the rarest set in the game.
I remember one game my team and happened to stay out of trouble the whole game up until top 3. The last two teams were fighting it out and bunker and my team mates refused to go with me to bunker to finish off whichever team prevailed.
They just camped out and wasted time and I just decided to go and give it a try for the win. In the end, they tried to shoot bunker from across the map, which probably gave the other team enough time to heal up, and from there they came and whiped the floor with my team lmfao

benj

Oct 27, 2017
huh, I just found out that, despite being on push-to-talk since launch, this game has been transmitting my mic audio constantly

has anyone else experienced this? and, also, what the fuck?

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just got a second place running solo for 20 minutes.

My squad got downed after 2 minutes in a hot drop. I had no weapon!

I rushed to the nearest area found a Spitfire and pinged them to say I was on route... but they both left.

I was determined to make a game of it and waited for gun fire, went to the fire fight, and picked off the losing squad (or what was left).

Took out the last man of the third squad and the ring was closing on the tiny ring so I had to rush.

Took one out, but the other two squad mates got me. Pleased with a second place finish!

Next match and got the win!

Two solid randoms and we got 4 kills a piece to take the victory.

I wouldn't say any of us played at an elite level, we just had a good team ethic and it makes such a difference doing the basics of the ping system well. Things like:

- suggesting a location to start and acknowledging if you agree or suggesting an alternative.

- Waiitng for the jump master and breaking off just before landing so you loot different areas.

- Dropping spare shields/med packs and spinging them when you see team mates are running low

- suggesting a location to move to and squad mates acknowledging if they agree

- if you spot an enemy in the distance, ping them before engaging. If you watch closely youll see if they are solo or running with other squad mates. Allows you to plan a better firefight

- Ping enemies when you are down. You dont need to spam it, but keep your squad informed, especially if the enemy is moving around

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
huh, I just found out that, despite being on push-to-talk since launch, this game has been transmitting my mic audio constantly

has anyone else experienced this? and, also, what the fuck?
Not experienced it but that kind of stuff is why I set my default mic in windows to something other than my actual mic.

All the applications I actually use my voice in allow me to select what device is used anyway.

ItAintEasy

Feb 21, 2019
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

Been really enjoying this game. First time playing a BR and it has hooks in me real good. look forward to playing with a few people from the Discord =)

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Game has gotten too popular I think...all the randoms I get paired up with are really, REALLY bad.

Edit: Just had a jumpmaster jump out and then go BACKWARDS to the hot zone. I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.

Last edited:

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully more people from era get on this game. Today I couldn't find a single person to play with here lol. Luckily the ping system makes randoms bearable to play with.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Does the game randomy not give you Apex packs on level up? I hit 24 and it didn't give me a pack. Has anyone else seen this?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At first glance, it looks like I was Carrie's by 2 pros.

6bc23cdd-8391-402c-81fd-a5f263667b23.PNG

But yeah, I was. Although got a message after saying 'good game'. I played a supporting role and was marking enemies, sharing my shields and media packs, and I got one kill at least!

Mate there is a lot to be said about supporting your team, useful pings, gathering/exchanging loot, cover/suppression fire, revives (which you had 2) and generally playing as a useful squad member.

There's some room for stats improvement in this game but plenty of useful gameplay goes unrecognised on the scoreboard but clearly your squadmates enjoyed the support by sending the GG afterwards. I often play similar games to what you've posted. I can go 5-7 kills sometimes but I more regularly work as a support team member far better.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Hearing all the talk about a potential Wingman nerf makes me hope they'll separate console and PC balancing. I don't think there's a universe where that thing is balanced on PC and consoles with the same stats. It might need some adjustments on console as well, but the PC crowd makes it sound like it needs its damage halved or something. Very different on consoles where you can't snap headshots like it's nothing.

Controller is really not much of a disadvantage in this game. I play on PC with one and its super smooth.The wingman is still op though with the aim assist it's an easy 45 damage every shot.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first win where I was the kill leader, and got the final kill. It felt good to not be carried by a team!

Also it was only 2 of us. Our third teammate got killed in a fight, and as soon as we cleared out the other team I beelined for the revive point without looting the other team. Of course, he had quit out by the time I got there. Oh well, his loss!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny having a Caustic on the team who just sucks because he is so situational, and then having a Bangalore on the team who is smoking to save the team's ass, getting clutch revives, and using threat detectors to absolutely murder people through smoke. How good is the ult for Caustic anyway? Not finding teammates using it much

Status
Not open for further replies.