• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, I like his decoy ability a lot but he basically doesn't have a passive, and the ult is rough to use for anything aside from escaping due to it stopping you from shooting.

It seems like insanely bad design that it prevents you from shooting. Just let people reload while invisible and such then have the stealth break whenever you attack. He really doesn't have a passive though. They need to tweak it somehow.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who watches Dizzy's stream explain why he rates the Flatline so highly. I'm trying it, but I'm not seeing it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah shame..... I should've saved my red coins instead of buying mirage. I ended up maining Pathfinder. Wonder who the two new heroes will be?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who watches Dizzy's stream explain why he rates the Flatline so highly. I'm trying it, but I'm not seeing it.
Same here. Gun is garbage. And it has no barrel attachments so it kicks up and out of control too much. In a game where accuracy matters, you cannot afford to miss those shots.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I love Respawn games, but their network stuff always seems so fucking broken. Why am I attempting connection dozens of times between games every other game? My friend used to have the worst time with TF2. I wish they'd fix their shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, I'm out for night. Tried a handful of games solo with randoms, and only had 1 good squad. Rest were just...not great. Like, why do people ignore you when you ping level 2 armor, and they have level 1? They just keep running and don't grab it. Warning sign #1.

Why are people trying to get a win with each champ? Do you get something for it?

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
If you quit while you still have teammates that can get your banner, fuck you.
Unless they're garbo, which I just straight up leave.

If you quit when I'm running towards a respawner with your banner, double fuck you.
If you survive the fight to do it, ok.

Why are people trying to get a win with each champ? Do you get something for it?
PS4 Trophy

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
almost had the "perfect game" where i got all the kills on my team with 12, but alas i fell to the last squad for the 2nd place finish

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bangs passive seems inconsistent. I get shot at and it doesn't let me sprint. These engagements happen with enough time for a "cooldown" to be ready.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Me and a bud got loaded in with just us, decided to play it out. Went on to get 13 combined kills I think, 3K combined damage, and the win. Felt good man.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
After those 3 shitty games from before, I just had an incredible win with 12 kills where we landed at Market and had an awesome 5 minute fight in the buildings outside of it with like 4 different squads (maybe 5? Because people kept coming from Skull Town with all the noise). One of my teammates died in the middle of it and I was able to run away and respawn him while my other teammate stayed behind and fought. I called in a care package for my respawning teammate and ran back to help the other one. After we won the fight, there was enough loot boxes on the ground for all 3 of us to be fully kitted up for end game.

Then we finished with an awesome fight between 4 partial squads right outside of the Bunker. Not much happened in the middle, but the start and end were as good as it gets.

Last edited:

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
Just had a match where we were last team in a ring and still lost. Probably glitch because I don't think the other team cheated. Pretty disappointing as it was OK match for me and even managed to be a kill leader. The end was pretty funny though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The new legendary hop up for the Spitfire is fucking OP. You thought 60 bullets was too much? Try unlimited. Nerf this Respawn!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I always die at the Marketplace. That place is cursed for me.
My strat is to land through the opening in the roof and onto the stairs, then run up and start getting all the stuff inside those little rooms. I usually have two guns while enemies are running around with none. Then I go to the buildings outside and start room clearing.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Finally got all my hero wins. Fuck pathfinder. Just doesn't click with me at all. Won almost every game with Caustic, Bangalore, and Lifeline. Took 25 tries for Pathfinder. Switched away from him, immediately went back to winning.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I don't really think my aim is all that good, but I did play a lot of Titanfall 1 when it came out. I didn't play any of 2's multiplayer outside of the beta because I didn't like some of the changes Respawn made, but Apex still shares a ton in common with TF1 and I think I'm just generally comfortable with how the game feels. It was familiar from my very first match. You just have to play a bunch and get used to it. It also helps that Apex has pretty generous aim assist.

It's also worth noting that I play with an Xbox elite controller, and I use one of the tall sticks on my right stick. If you play on PlayStation or just don't have an elite controller you can go out and buy some control freaks. Slap one of them on top of your right stick and you're good to go. It might feel weird at first but once you get used to the taller stick there is simply no going back. You'll be able to make fine adjustments much easier with a tall stick.

I'm gonna try these grips! There's a bunch of colours on Amazon and I like the orange one but it has a "distinctive spiral" on it. Is there a big difference between them do you think? Best to stick to the basic black ones?

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
My strat is to land through the opening in the roof and onto the stairs, then run up and start getting all the stuff inside those little rooms. I usually have two guns while enemies are running around with none. Then I go to the buildings outside and start room clearing.
Had multiple games today where my squad came out on top at Skull Town vs. 4-5 other teams. We probably end up losing at Marketplace even if there was only one other person, we would find a way lol.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline is the best. Won a game by leading two random newbies.

Someone left the mastiff inside a crate and I used it to kill two of the last remaining squad. Why would you leave Mastiff?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Today got 11 wins out of 13 games, now at night it's full of trash players. And not trash that are new, braindead players.

Lol. I wish I would get that again. In the last few days, it seems like we only play against level 70+ E-Sport people with thousands of kills.
We have them every single round in it and then you look at the achievements on Xbox and see that only 1% reached level 50.
Don't know how's that possible but matchmaking seems to do something here.
It's everything but easy in the last few days.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Majority of my games tonight have resulted in me quitting out on completely incompetent randos.

Even if it makes games sweatier I'd like some skill-based matchmaking implemented just so I have some baseline expectation of competence with the teammates I get matched with.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Majority of my games tonight have resulted in me quitting out on completely incompetent randos.

Even if it makes games sweatier I'd like some skill-based matchmaking implemented just so I have some baseline expectation of competence with the teammates I get matched with.
I just lead them.

Hell, if things go to shit it's so quick to get into a new game

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just lead them.

Hell, if things go to shit it's so quick to get into a new game

I wish, but randos doing a late, terrible "hot drop" resulting in a squad wipe in the first minute only happens occasionally. Way more common is the "lead your squad of randos across the map getting geared for 7-8 minutes up only for them to get promptly instagibbed in your first enemy encounter" scenario. I don't have that much time to waste.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Punishment for leavers when respawn? The number of times Ive picked up my one rando's banner tonight only for them to quit as I'm going to revive them is straight up absurd and those people should be given timeouts to think about their actions.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Punishment for leavers when respawn? The number of times Ive picked up my one rando's banner tonight only for them to quit as I'm going to revive them is straight up absurd and those people should be given timeouts to think about their actions.
When you're playing with a bunch of dickheads and want to bounce early, I'd prefer not to be banned for doing so.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I wish, but randos doing a late, terrible "hot drop" resulting in a squad wipe in the first minute only happens occasionally.

This is my usual bad game, a terrible "hot drop" usually they drop when everyone already dropped to that place. Now I just see a bad drop and I just move to other safer place and try to at least come to the "hot drop" my mates go so I can save their asses solo.

Not happening, hell I quit games that I don't see any hope to win at all. And I'm usually right.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When you're playing with a bunch of dickheads and want to bounce early, I'd prefer not to be banned for doing so.
Letting dickheads leave early isn't any better than being forced to play with dickheads, and in the case of the latter, you can just mute them (or go off and die and wait the minute and a half). Being left mid game and then being forced to play out an entire match down a person is much worse.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Letting dickheads leave early isn't any better than being forced to play with dickheads, and in the case of the latter, you can just mute them (or go off and die and wait the minute and a half). Being left mid game and then being forced to play out an entire match down a person is much worse.
What about when you're jump master and head to a perfectly fine area and the other two split off and go somewhere miles away and then you die? I'm not hanging around waiting for them to not come and revive me.

Also what about the times your deatbox is behind the kill circle and your team cut their losses?

I'm not being banned for leaving early.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What about when you're jump master and head to a perfectly fine area and the other two split off and go somewhere miles away and then you die? I'm not hanging around waiting for them to not come and revive me.

Also what about the times your deatbox is behind the kill circle and your team cut their losses?

I'm not being banned for leaving early.
It's a minute and a half jesus. I'm entirely unsympathetic to the situation above as you merely have to wait a minute and a half and then you're good vs a team having to play an entire match down a person. Either turn around and go where the majority of your team is going or be stubborn and die alone. I hope they implement a system that puts people like that in timeout.

Also being behind the kill circle is a total non issue and also, it's still a minute and a half. Deal with it, it's better than having to play 15-20 minutes down a person.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
It's a minute and a half jesus. I'm entirely unsympathetic to the situation above as you merely have to wait a minute and a half and then you're good vs a team having to play an entire match down a person. Either turn around and go where the majority of your team is going or be stubborn and die alone. I hope they implement a system that puts people like that in timeout.

Also being behind the kill circle is a total non issue and also, it's still a minute and a half. Deal with it, it's better than having to play 15-20 minutes down a person.

Yeah dude, let's not leave after the team drops at 125 while 5 other teams are already down below waiting for their free kills, let's not leave when people are just either childs or are unaware of how this works after 20 freaking levels.

We have to respect them right? Because it's better to watch them struggle against ONE enemy after I killed 5 people and they only have to kill ONE PERSON.

But all respect right?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is more of a general comment on the pages of toing and froing about what is worthy of quitting and what isn't...

Everyone just needs some patience. People talk about 1.5 minutes like it's the end of the earth, let alone the 15 or 20 minutes for a match.

EMBRACE THE RANDOM

If stuff happens, just spectate, and pretend you've decided to watch twitch for 15 minutes.

At the moment, if you can't, or won't, squad up, you have to accept the fact that you're going to see completely random behaviour. Dealing with that is part of the game.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah dude, let's not leave after the team drops at 125 while 5 other teams are already down below waiting for their free kills, let's not leave when people are just either childs or are unaware of how this works after 20 freaking levels.

We have to respect them right? Because it's better to watch them struggle against ONE enemy after I killed 5 people and they only have to kill ONE PERSON.

But all respect right?
Yes lol. Did you think this was a compelling argument? You can leave a game in 90 seconds. Just wait 90 seconds. It's entirely reasonable to make players actually be good teammates.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Yes lol. Did you think this was a compelling argument? You can leave a game in 90 seconds. Just wait 90 seconds. It's entirely reasonable to make players actually be good teammates.

Do you realize I was being sarcastic? Oh yeah, I forgot the signal... Because I really embrace the "go next" mentality. I just leave when I die and the player is trash. Because I put effort on my games and I don't stand some random come and go braindead and do 75 damage over the entirety of the game, or that they fail at shooting there's no salvation, or that they kill nothing.

If I want to spectate, I put twitch and watch Shroud while I'm waiting for another game or cooldown from the tilt I get from some players.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you realize I was being sarcastic? Oh yeah, I forgot the signal... Because I really embrace the "go next" mentality. I just leave when I die and the player is trash. Because I put effort on my games and I don't stand some random come and go braindead and do 75 damage over the entirety of the game, or that they fail at shooting there's no salvation, or that they kill nothing.

If I want to spectate, I put twitch and watch Shroud while I'm waiting for another game or cooldown from the tilt I get from some players.
....90 seconds and you're still in the game. Do you rage quit regular multiplayer games waiting for the 5 second respawn too? Lol

Or wait. Do you actually understand you can be brought back in once finished? I genuinely cant tell.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Okay mrs/mr Authoritarian.

For ranked play, fine, but in the normal matchup there are so many toxic and stupid people that I'd like to retain my ability to bounce.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Right after I made the post about going through the roof of Market, I had a game where I landed there and just started no-scoping people with a Longbow

That last guy went down like a SACK OF BRICKS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.