• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Using two Mozambiques at once is the fix that's coming! Will be the only gun to allow this.

Don't take this post seriously.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This was a new one. One teammate gets downed and the other team throws a grenade at our feet and start shooting at us. I guess they were confused and then the enemy team rushed us on the dropship..

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want quitting punishment in a BR game after death, if a team is really awful and toxic you shouldn't have to stick around for a few minutes waiting to get back on board the hopeless shitwagon, now with zero loot. Maybe reward people that stick around with some bonus XP.

I really feel like this should be in all BR games. I wonder how many people stick around to watch the end of BR games, would be nice if there was an incentive to do so.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
I've had multiple 1v1's now end with a healing Lifeline. Her bots animation to heal other characters interrupts what would be wins. I don't know if that's something Respawn tested or not, but it makes those loses all the more devastating. If it's not intentional then they should address it as those wins are cheap as hell.

Also I know it's been brought up a million times before. If you leave and don't give your team a chance to respawn you, you're not allowing your team to do its best to win. Not every firefight is worth fighting, its advantageous to let another team loot you and get your banner later after they pass. This game is about the push/pull so much more than other BR games and a lot of folks don't get that.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
So annoying when you try to run and instantly slide to escape being shot at but instead it just crouches

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to change size/opacity of downed player icons. Literally cost me a fight because I had a longbow looking into a door where my teammate was down but his stupid red triangle was blocking the entire door where I had a shot to kill the guy.

Another note.... My god the alternator sucks. We all know the Mozambique is bad too but the alternator is not too far behind. Low mag, and absurdly low ROF for a SMG. Pretty sure I can tap the hemlock faster than the alternator fires. I don't see a purpose behind it other than desperation gun in the first drop.

imo vault it and introduce the CAR, that was the SMG in Titanfall that you could shoot while sprinting. Had incredible hipfire accuracy.

Jan 10, 2018
I'm level 35 and I've only gotten one legendary in a loot box so far, and barely any crafting mats. It' hard to feel engaged in the fashion game with these drop rates.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
In an elimination type game, a rejoin mechanic would be kind of awkward to implement without exploitation. The only way I see it happening is if you reconnect, but squad must respawn via beacon
It's not an issue at all. You just sit there as if you're simply AFK. That's how it's done in other games. Awkward in the middle of a firefight, sure, but usually you just reconnect in 30 seconds like nothing happened.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it just seems way too common. It makes the RNG right after dropping even more dominating than most BRs when terrible weapons are everywhere.

Also, deliberately bad weapons have been a thing in pretty much all BRs and whether that should be the case is another discussion. Suitably weak weapons can provide great underdog stories, but Mozambique specifically feels so bad that that dynamic just doesn't really work anymore.

Yeah, I agree with that. There's always going to be a "worst" weapon, but the mozambique is so bad that you can genuinely make an argument for zig zag sprinting/sliding at an enemy to just melee them to death instead of using the gun, which is crazy.

Apex is pretty well situated to even have a lethal joke weapon with the hop ups if they want to go that route. Give a beastly legendary attachment to an otherwise crap weapon or just outright buff it. There's only so many times you can drop, scavenge a room to see mozambique piles everywhere just to engage in someone who found armor and a peacekeeper. I really enjoy early game scrambles aside from that.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to change size/opacity of downed player icons. Literally cost me a fight because I had a longbow looking into a door where my teammate was down but his stupid red triangle was blocking the entire door where I had a shot to kill the guy.

Another note.... My god the alternator sucks. We all know the Mozambique is bad too but the alternator is not too far behind. Low mag, and absurdly low ROF for a SMG. Pretty sure I can tap the hemlock faster than the alternator fires. I don't see a purpose behind it other than desperation gun in the first drop.

imo vault it and introduce the CAR, that was the SMG in Titanfall that you could shoot while sprinting. Had incredible hipfire accuracy.
The icons have gotten me killed as well. I wish you could make it so they could disappear when you aim.

I've carried the Alternator to end game. If you deck it out, it's good for paced suppression with easy and predictable recoil.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
I had a game where I was about to select bloodhound, the guy goes no, no, no, dude that's mine. Then I got on mic and selected lifeline and said I'm ready to select anything if someone else prefers a particular legend. Then all I heard was 2 min of laughter..was just the weirdest thing

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've started leaving if someone's already left the game before we even land, once the game gets going I'll stay until the end even if it's just solo

Amazing how many people leave in the time between the character select screen and the countdown to leave the ship, presumably because someone picked their precious favourite character

If Mirage and Bangalore are taken I have left before not gonna lie. Especially if my teammates are low level. Those are the only two people I use regularly enough to feel comfortable with.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This game desperately needs a review system for random team mates.

Obviously I can give new players a pass but to have a level 30 player run past my banner to loot the enemy while I time out stings.

I really wish there was a way of warning other players that may be matched up with him/her in the next game.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
This game desperately needs a review system for random team mates.

Obviously I can give new players a pass but to have a level 30 player run past my banner to loot the enemy while I time out stings.

I really wish there was a way of warning other players that may be matched up with him/her in the next game.
Rating and a report system are something the devs are working on or planning to work on.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Rating and a report system are something the devs are working on or planning to work on.

That's going to be rough just looking at the posts that want people who play differently to be outright banned. Didn't hot drop? Rated poorly. Hot dropped? Rated poorly. Ran to a different building to loot and teammate is killed? Rated poorly. Stuck to Teammate's building and they didn't like sharing that loot? Rated poorly.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The whole time I've been playing this game (all 4 - 5 hours of it), I've never seen anybody else choose Gibraltar except me.

Am I maining the worst character here? Would be typical of me to choose that haha

Koz

Sep 5, 2018

The Alternator was a hipfire gun in Titanfall 2 as well. It had the same ROF but a high damage per bullet and it shredded.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Agreed. I have never ever managed to go back to the lobby and then just ready up and go out again. I have to quit to title every single time and reinvite any friends in my lobby. It's ludicrous.

The match ending screen with your squad's banners needs to have (PS4 here, I don't know PC keys):

- Click R3 to confirm you want to play again with same players - anyone who doesn't do this is goes back to their own lobby.
- Tap down on D-pad as per the main game to say thanks - maybe a different quote that says "good game" type sentiment in your character.
- Menu cursor comes up with a move of the left stick, and you can highlight the other players' banners and get options to view their PSN/XBL profile and add them, and also see the detailed XP stats they got at the end of the match. You can also add them in-game as a "preferred player" so if you find adding people to your official friends list weird or think they might, then at least the game will try to matchmake you over complete random people.

Absolutely. They should get something like this in asap. You 100% need some keep your squad feature. Session rejoins are essential too.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
....and the very next game.

I hot drop with 2 randos. They both get downed. I revive then both with their banners and drop my secondary gun for one of them. We get into a fire fight with another squad and they leave my banner and run off into the sunset.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of times last night I got the Peacekeeper glitch where it says you have zero shells loaded and you can't fire or reload it at all, unless you drop it and pick it and all its attachments up again. Super annoying in the middle of a fight.

I think it's caused by using a consumable healing item right before the reload actually finishes, then when you try to pull it out again, it's glitched. Not 100% sure, but it was happening A LOT.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Got another dub last night, I'm beginning to come around on the Havoc, it's not an amazing weapon, it's definitely got limitations, but I do think better of it now that I've had the chance to ass around with it.

I'll still take the R-301 any day of the week though.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Achieved 13 kills (22 with random teammates) in one game, hoping for 20 soon.

But I'm super tired of people dropping as far as possible and looting for 15 minutes without fighting. Please stop. You are lucky I don't have a mic and can't yell at you :)

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
The whole time I've been playing this game (all 4 - 5 hours of it), I've never seen anybody else choose Gibraltar except me.

Am I maining the worst character here? Would be typical of me to choose that haha
Honestly i don't think there's a bad character in the game. I actually love Gib, I think he has the best ult in the game. It is true that he's like the least picked character in the game, he's my go to when lifeline is taken which is often. His shield is really good but sometimes really bad too, idk point is he's good!

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Achieved 13 kills (22 with random teammates) in one game, hoping for 20 soon.

But I'm super tired of people dropping as far as possible and looting for 15 minutes without fighting. Please stop. You are lucky I don't have a mic and can't yell at you :)

Please don't be that person that yells at other people, just because they choose to play the game differently than you. Either style is completely fine. My team won a match without ever firing a round, so defensive looting is viable.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Anecdotal but on PC I turned texture streaming down to 4 gb and haven't experienced crashes since. I haven't put a whole lot of time in though, but it seems to be more stable.

Opium

Oct 30, 2017

I'd play him just for his powerful ulti, but I prefer just shooting his humongous hitbox with other small characters :D

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
....and the very next game.

I hot drop with 2 randos. They both get downed. I revive then both with their banners and drop my secondary gun for one of them. We get into a fire fight with another squad and they leave my banner and run off into the sunset.
If a member of my squad does that, I just ping my banner to annoy them until the timer runs out.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Something strange just happened on my Xbox. Someone invited me to a party a game and I got kicked out of my current game and placed into their fucking lobby while in the midst of fighting without pressing accept to the invite.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017

People don't play him and Caustic because of gigantic hitbox. If you are playing against someone with Wingman, you are probably dead if you don't play correctly.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'd play him just for his powerful ulti, but I prefer just shooting his humongous hitbox with other small characters :D
The difference between the best and worst characters in this game are quite small, because, at the end of the day, every character has the same HP, same normal run speed and guns don't get boosts from characters. Do most people agree that characters like Lifeline, Bloodhound, Bangalore are better than Gibraltar and Caustic in most situations? Yup. Gibraltar has what seems to be the largest hit box and a passive and special that both reveal your position...but also, if you can shred enemies, that isn't the worst thing if you want action. The game is still very new, so who knows, maybe over time people will strategize differently and characters shift around in popularity. But, end of the day, no character is a hard counter to another character, and any squad can win with any configuration if they play well together and maybe get a break or two.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
It's getting kind of annoying. Feels like less game discussion.
Ya, I brought it up before in this thread, but no one cares. It is annoying, and makes the thread fill cluttered with useless complaints.

Your story with randoms isn't special, happens to everyone. Just makes the community look toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.