• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
anyone with an RTX card willing to try those new Nvidia drivers and report back?
Not even worth trying

CN2SmuM.png

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between the best and worst characters in this game are quite small, because, at the end of the day, every character has the same HP, same normal run speed and guns don't get boosts from characters. Do most people agree that characters like Lifeline, Bloodhound, Bangalore are better than Gibraltar and Caustic in most situations? Yup. Gibraltar has what seems to be the largest hit box and a passive and special that both reveal your position...but also, if you can shred enemies, that isn't the worst thing if you want action. The game is still very new, so who knows, maybe over time people will strategize differently and characters shift around in popularity. But, end of the day, no character is a hard counter to another character, and any squad can win with any configuration if they play well together and maybe get a break or two.
I wouldn't be surprised if they reduce visibility of Gibraltar's passive at some point. It's not so great that it needs such a significant downside.

Opium

Oct 30, 2017
Please don't be that person that yells at other people, just because they choose to play the game differently than you. Either style is completely fine. My team won a match without ever firing a round, so defensive looting is viable.

I used to care for wins in the first 10 games or so. Then I figured I wasted 15 minutes of my already limited time just aimlessly looting for about 3 minutes of actual fun.

Not saying suicidal hotdrops are the thing but if I have to spend more than the first few minutes looting then I'd rather go play some of those farming games.

anyone with an RTX card willing to try those new Nvidia drivers and report back?

I took the plunge cause I need those RTX updates. One hour in no crash yet.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Bangalore smoke seems like some of the best that I have ever seen in a game. It feels all consuming when in it.

I would prefer if names didn't disappear above teammates while in ADS. I think that would alleviate confusion sometimes.
Yea that would be pretty helpful. Also can teammates grenade hurt you? I saw it and just started running.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Find another game? Seriously ?

The game is based on team work and some people don't have the pleasure of having multiple friends on at any one given time.

This pertains to people who bitch about randoms non stop. If you're not having fun, stop playing. If you hate randoms, stop playing. Complaining about them does nothing.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ah,my bad.

I sometimes just like a quick game here and there. I wouldn't mess about playing with Era members.

For what it's worth I just scored a win with randoms. I totally got carried by a guy who got 14 kills. He was a bit of a asshole as he was bragging about the 3 squad wipes he had, but he thanked us after the match.

I enjoy meeting and playing with randoms when it works out.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Bangs smoke actually feels like you're getting your vision obscured. Never had that problem with other shooters and smoke grenades.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I brought it up before in this thread, but no one cares. It is annoying, and makes the thread fill cluttered with useless complaints.

Your story with randoms isn't special, happens to everyone. Just makes the community look toxic.

Yep getting flash backs of playing LoL in this thread. Funny thing, most likely their teammate is saying the exact same thing about them. People rarely blame themselves in these team games.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I dont play Lifeline because it seems I always have the worst luck with her. I end up going 1v3...and then... well... this happens(warning high volume near end):

Worst luck ever. No weapons. No ammo. Even the loot robot trolled me. :'c

Damn! I had an even better clip with my main, Pathfinder earlier but the friggin ps4 didnt save it for some reason. I grappled into someone's back and shot em holy shit! Anyone else have a problem with it saving only part of a clip?

Last edited:

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I brought it up before in this thread, but no one cares. It is annoying, and makes the thread fill cluttered with useless complaints.

Your story with randoms isn't special, happens to everyone. Just makes the community look toxic.
Very well said.

I mean, as an aside, because I don't want to paint ERA with the same brush and I sincerely hope it isn't the case here, my worst experiences playing LoL was't with "randoms" or whatever. It was when GAF community extended its hand and said "come play with us instead" because LoL was infamous about how bad playing with strangers was. It was probably the most toxic environment I ever played that game in, playing with exclusively GAF people. Not everyone, not every time, but often enough that I stopped playing with gaffers altogether. I'd rather mute a random or have the odd disappointing game, than having a close community member on my ear all game. I was actually decent enough at LoL back then, not Diamond or pro level, but I knew what I was doing.

Yes, playing with randoms is not ideal, I hope that playing with ERA members here is great, but this thread started pretty chill and cool with everyone sharing their stories and positive experiences, and it's quickly devolved into the same tired "everyone is shit but me" posts. I hope it's just a phase and it goes back to the cool stuff.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Lol its the OT people can complain about whatever the hell they want aslong as it pertains to the game.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Very well said.

I mean, as an aside, because I don't want to paint ERA with the same brush and I sincerely hope it isn't the case here, my worst experiences playing LoL was't with "randoms" or whatever. It was when GAF community extended its hand and said "come play with us instead" because LoL was infamous about how bad playing with strangers was. It was probably the most toxic environment I ever played that game in, playing with exclusively GAF people. Not everyone, not every time, but often enough that I stopped playing with gaffers altogether. I'd rather mute a random or have the odd disappointing game, than having a close community member on my ear all game. I was actually decent enough at LoL back then, not Diamond or pro level, but I knew what I was doing.

Yes, playing with randoms is not ideal, I hope that playing with ERA members here is great, but this thread started pretty chill and cool with everyone sharing their stories and positive experiences, and it's quickly devolved into the same tired "everyone is shit but me" posts. I hope it's just a phase and it goes back to the cool stuff.
Never play MOBAs with people you know or are part of a community with. It will make you hate every last one of them.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I dont play Lifeline because it seems I always have the worst luck with her. I end up going 1v3...and then... well... this happens(warning high volume near end):

Damn! I had an even better clip with my main, Pathfinder earlier but the friggin ps4 didnt save it for some reason. I grappled into someone's back and shot em holy shit! Anyone else have a problem with it saving only part of a clip?

lmfao

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

amazing.

Actually it's only mainstream if Arby's Twitter makes a papercraft out of it.

omg <333333333

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
People can do all sorts of things that aren't illegal all the time...it will still make the world a shittier place.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Loving this game. Am up to about 25 wins on Lifeline, who is my main. The flow of matches is so quick, I lose hours to it. It's dangerous.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Very well said.

I've said before, but I honestly think them adding in Solo and/or Duos would vastly help the situation.

At least from my perspective, I actually don't mind playing with bad players as long as they play with the team. My friend and I have had some good wins with people who haven't had much damage or kills because they've stuck around and just helped in other ways you know. The problem I find a lot with randoms is you get people who just don't want to play in a team, which obviously isn't helped by the fact that we're forced to go into squads instead of duos and they're forced to go into squads instead of solos.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While playing with randoms has been more miss than hit, it's far from the most toxic game I've played. That's either Siege or OW.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Agreed. I have never ever managed to go back to the lobby and then just ready up and go out again. I have to quit to title every single time and reinvite any friends in my lobby. It's ludicrous.

The match ending screen with your squad's banners needs to have (PS4 here, I don't know PC keys):

- Click R3 to confirm you want to play again with same players - anyone who doesn't do this is goes back to their own lobby.
- Tap down on D-pad as per the main game to say thanks - maybe a different quote that says "good game" type sentiment in your character.
- Menu cursor comes up with a move of the left stick, and you can highlight the other players' banners and get options to view their PSN/XBL profile and add them, and also see the detailed XP stats they got at the end of the match. You can also add them in-game as a "preferred player" so if you find adding people to your official friends list weird or think they might, then at least the game will try to matchmake you over complete random people.

Yeah. They should just lift Overwatch's Endorsement system and stay as a group feature. I would probably actually use the stay as a group feature in this game.

That's going to be rough just looking at the posts that want people who play differently to be outright banned. Didn't hot drop? Rated poorly. Hot dropped? Rated poorly. Ran to a different building to loot and teammate is killed? Rated poorly. Stuck to Teammate's building and they didn't like sharing that loot? Rated poorly.

Overwatch got around this by only allowing you to give people kudos and not rate down. If you didn't want to play with a particular person, you can place them in your temp ban list. This ban list lasts for a week and you'll never match with them for a that week. To counteract people banning half the player base, you can only ban 2 or 3 people at a time. If enough people ban you, your endorsement level will then drop.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny but I just can't wrap my head around how people do less than 40 damage all match lol. That's like....one punch. No shots landed for a whole 20 minutes? I know theres a lot of newcomers to BR, but I just don't understand. Simply spray in their direction and you're bound to get hit markers.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a positive experience playing with randoms. Just wish more people had a mic. But not that big of a deal since you can ping shit, but still.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
While playing with randoms has been more miss than hit, it's far from the most toxic game I've played. That's either Siege or OW.

Does being paired with low skill players count as a miss to you? I've been having a blast with randoms, but I also don't mind different playstyles and skill levels.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny but I just can't wrap my head around how people do less than 40 damage all match lol. That's like....one punch. No shots landed for a whole 20 minutes? I know theres a lot of newcomers to BR, but I just don't understand. Simply spray in their direction and you're bound to get hit markers.
I understood it in Fortnite, because the entire point of that game's casual appeal is to have people do random challenges around the world to level up their Battle Pass, and few of them require actually engaging in any sort of combat.

But there is nothing else to do in Apex other than shoot people.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On PS4, at least, you will see a little speaker icon (though usually greyed out aka muted) at the start of a match.
Aah, I play on PC. Not sure if you see any indication other's have a mic on there, unless they press T (or whatever they bind it to) to talk. When they press T you see the speaker icon appear next to their name.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I understood it in Fortnite, because the entire point of that game's casual appeal is to have people do random challenges around the world to level up their Battle Pass, and few of them require actually engaging in any sort of combat.

Survive and bet all in a final squad confrontation?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does being paired with low skill players count as a miss to you? I've been having a blast with randoms, but I also don't mind different playstyles and skill levels.

Eh. Just depends. Players actively trying to learn, ping and stick together is enjoyable. Players running off and lone wolfing, disconnecting after a death...all those get annoying. Different scenarios, imo. I've seen both low and high level players do both. As long as you're pinging and trying to team play you're already ahead of others I thinkz

Just work on your gunplay lol.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's crazy and I always laugh when I see the post stats. Don't even ADS. Point your gun at them and hold R. Do that all match. You'll have at least 100 damage after 20 minutes.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I've had a positive experience playing with randoms. Just wish more people had a mic. But not that big of a deal since you can ping shit, but still.

I've found that most people have mics, they just don't use them. Whether it be they don't want to talk, have background noise they don't want to broadcast, or whatever.. I'm fine with it. I'll take someone who doesn't talk but utilizes the ping system over the player that constantly fills the mic with random jargon, horrible tasteless jokes, and the like. Especially since the in-game VOIP tends to cover environmental sound, so needless crosstalk can be detrimental to hearing location-based noises.

Edit:
Aah, I play on PC. Not sure if you see any indication other's have a mic on there, unless they press T (or whatever they bind it to) to talk. When they press T you see the speaker icon appear next to their name.

People with a mic attached on PC have the speaker icon next to their name on the UI, in addition to the name popping up when they broadcast.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said before, but I honestly think them adding in Solo and/or Duos would vastly help the situation.

At least from my perspective, I actually don't mind playing with bad players as long as they play with the team. My friend and I have had some good wins with people who haven't had much damage or kills because they've stuck around and just helped in other ways you know. The problem I find a lot with randoms is you get people who just don't want to play in a team, which obviously isn't helped by the fact that we're forced to go into squads instead of duos and they're forced to go into squads instead of solos.
For sure. I hope they do soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
One good thing about Apex is you can definitely tell if one of your teammates is completely hopeless from the initial jump. In those cases I've just started leaving the game, shit isn't worth it at that point.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've found that most people have mics, they just don't use them. Whether it be they don't want to talk, have background noise they don't want to broadcast, or whatever.. I'm fine with it. I'll take someone who doesn't talk but utilizes the ping system over the player that constantly fills the mic with random jargon, horrible tasteless jokes, and the like. Especially since the in-game VOIP tends to cover environmental sound, so needless crosstalk can be detrimental to hearing location-based noises.
That's true too. Most people I've heard talk have been alright, giving instructions etc and staying quiet most of the time. Just like me. Maybe I've been lucky. Only had one dude be obnoxious, but thankfully the mute function took care of that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.