• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Four games in a row:

Game 1: I dump 10 rounds of Devotion into someone who runs off, then I get instakilled by a Peacekeeper when I have Level 3 armor and helmet. I try to point out the person who downed me to our teammate, who thinks I'm an enemy and shotguns me fruitlessly as the enemy I'm frantically pinging walks right up behind them in the open

Game 2: Teammate wants to instahotdrop at Water Treatment, loots in the middle of a gunfight while me and the other teammate are downed and the enemy is busy reviving the person I downed. They wait a good 30 seconds looting more as the rez goes off, then slowly walks into the room to die

Game 3: Drop at Bridges, and even though I get an R-99 I only manage to dump like half a magazine into three people before dying. Our teammate runs away from our banners and then stares at an enemy who walks right past them, then runs right at the enemy without pulling out their gun, and dies

Game 4: Starts without a third teammate, second teammate quits during drop, I survive looting a bunch and then a full team drops on me. I escape with a zip line but my clamber up the ledge doesn't register for no reason, I grapple away and it glitches on a corner and freezes me in the grappling animation on the wall

This is far too frequent and pretty much what always happens, Whole clips into an enemy just for them to 1-2 shot with the PK from a not realistic distance. Netcode in this game is one of the worst.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
longbow headshot can one-shot people with no armor

Everyone has armor pretty much 30 seconds into the game, so you're going to have to get really lucky finding that longbow before then.

And ya long range sniping is useless, I quickly learned that. Mid range sure, but long range is just "Hey I'm over here, get ready for us".

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Long range isn't the same as mid range. There's no way you're closing the gap at sniping distance before the player gets revived and healed.

You aren't. But your squad can. Movement is incredibly fast in this game. Wraith's Ult and Q both increase her speed. Bangalore speeds up through getting shot at. Pathfinder can grapple slingshot or Zipline. Bloodhound's Ult turns him into The Flash. And most times you don't actually need to do those things to close the gap.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
You aren't. But your squad can. Movement is incredibly fast in this game. Wraith's Ult and Q both increase her speed. Bangalore speeds up through getting shot at. Pathfinder can grapple slingshot or Zipline. Bloodhound's Ult turns him into The Flash. And most times you don't actually need to do those things to close the gap.

If you can close the gap it isn't long range.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
when is matchmaking coming? dont wanna play with people that need to read all the info on the guns anymore

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
At least that hitbox stuff finally confirms to me that I''m not insane for feeling like a huge target as Pathfinder compared to other normal sized characters

benj

Oct 27, 2017
It's about as long range as it can get in Apex. There are very, very few truly long sightlines in the game. Which is why there's a badge for getting a kill over 300m (which would be considered AR range in most other BRs).
Absolutely agreed. The map is very explicitly divided by mountain ranges and contiguous areas are filled with slopes and ziplines. I think there are very few effective sightlines in the game that couldn't be pushed on off a snipe, especially with a Pathfinder or a Wraith.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Just found that, thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/athw8d/bloodhound_vs_pathfinder_hitbox/

Pathfinder = trash confirmed?

I wish I could see comparisons between, say, Bloodhound and Bangalore.
Thanks for digging this up. I knew that the characters were bigger so that the hitboxes would be too, but them being both bigger and having that heinous amount of bleed out is nuts. The big boys probably have double the hitbox volume of a Wraith or Lifeline.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
to the couple of guys I was bunkered down with on ps4 and I abandoned when there were 4 squads or something like that left, I'm sorry. Game dropped me out saying I lost sync to the server or something. I was doing pretty good too (at least for my average).

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a game where we landed at Bunker and I couldn't get a weapon, so I had to go to the houses outside and grabbed an EVA-8 real quick and started booking it back to Bunker. One of my teammates goes down and starts calling me a trash player, blah blah blah, whole 9 yards of insults for not being there. I get back and finish off the one guy that's left, revive my 1 teammate that was down, and pick up the banner of the player that was insulting me. I instantly respawn him and we end up winning the match. I had 8 kills and he only had 2.

One of those games where I'm not sure I should be happy I won, or disappointed because he didn't deserve the carry. Happened a lot with Overwatch, where you win a match with a toxic player and feel bad for the result.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I had a player who saw the enemy in front, ignored it after all the calls and pings, the enemy goes behind him and then he does nothing and dies, after a whole minute of calls and pings. Had another who never followed instructions.

People are just braindead. Like, I justify quitting and moving to another round if these people play like this.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Who needs teammates, amirite?
96cb6f4a-3b3c-4cfa-8594-a7518b8e96a4.PNG

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Been playing the game pretty consistently since launch and I only just now experienced my first truly toxic teammate.

Not that they said anything wrong, but clearly they were in to grief. Showed up and was grabbing guns left and right emptying the gun giving away our position as well as trying to eat up all the ammo in the area. If the weapon was empty he'd pick up another one. Also found time to constantly ping locations/enemies that weren't there/etc. At least Respawn thought enough to let us be able to mute pings from certain players. But chasing us down and firing at my other teammate and I wasn't helpful.

That being said it made me thing of future implementation of say Overwatch's merit system where you can commend the randos you get paired up with, possibly increasing your chances of getting paired up with good teammates.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Four games in a row:

Game 1: I dump 10 rounds of Devotion into someone who runs off, then I get instakilled by a Peacekeeper when I have Level 3 armor and helmet. I try to point out the person who downed me to our teammate, who thinks I'm an enemy and shotguns me fruitlessly as the enemy I'm frantically pinging walks right up behind them in the open

Game 2: Teammate wants to instahotdrop at Water Treatment, loots in the middle of a gunfight while me and the other teammate are downed and the enemy is busy reviving the person I downed. They wait a good 30 seconds looting more as the rez goes off, then slowly walks into the room to die

Game 3: Drop at Bridges, and even though I get an R-99 I only manage to dump like half a magazine into three people before dying. Our teammate runs away from our banners and then stares at an enemy who walks right past them, then runs right at the enemy without pulling out their gun, and dies

Game 4: Starts without a third teammate, second teammate quits during drop, I survive looting a bunch and then a full team drops on me. I escape with a zip line but my clamber up the ledge doesn't register for no reason, I grapple away and it glitches on a corner and freezes me in the grappling animation on the wall
Game 5: Jumpmaster ignores pings to instahotdrop, doesn't veer off when there's three other squads hitting the ground first, surprise we all die without guns

Game 6: Starts without a third teammate, second teammate needs to have the game explained to them (not even mad at them, they legit needed explanations on how to play the whole round), die to third partying with 4 squads left

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know what it's like on PC but on Xbox, Shotguns are fucking dominating the meta. It's Fortnite levels of usage.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought my 7 kill victory was amazing until I seen a this one player yesterday that carried us to a win. He was a madman. Just kept chasing down squad after squad without being cautious at all. I swear there was like 10 dead boxes in one little area. He finished the round with 16 kills. Now I'm using the flatline. Lol

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
pathfinder is the last character i need to win with to have wins with all the characters and its actually garbage how his hitbox just makes him easy to clap

i wish id played and won with him in the first few days so i could get past this when nobody knew what they were doing like i did with Caustic and Gib but idk... this is painful

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what it's like on PC but on Xbox, Shotguns are fucking dominating the meta. It's Fortnite levels of usage.
Ya, it's not a platform thing. Part of the reason shotguns are so good in Fortnite is because ramp-rushing allows you to close distance with cover the entire way, and the high level of mobility in Apex makes W-keying someone and pulling out a shotty just as viable.

When I look at my weapon kill stats, shotguns outpace the other weapons by a lot.

The stats don't lie. I prefer Assault Rifles over Shotguns in shooters in general and I have close to twice as many shotgun kills as AR.

DwfcsUT.png

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
All the solo talk... we pretty much know it is coming.

And if the player base maintains (it doesn't look like it's going anywhere) there will be plenty of players to play with on both play lists.

I also trust Respawn to mix up the solo playlist. I can see there being a tweak or a new mechanic or dynamic to mix it up.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Ya, it's not a platform thing. Part of the reason shotguns are so good in Fortnite is because ramp-rushing allows you to close distance with cover the entire way, and the high level of mobility in Apex makes W-keying someone and pulling out a shotty just as viable.

When I look at my weapon kill stats, shotguns outpace the other weapons by a lot.

Yeah makes sense, I'm not complaining just an observation from the majority of squad fights we've had tonight. Whichever way it swings it normally ends with a Peacekeeper.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first win today. Absolutely addicted to this game. I enjoy this way more than Fortnite or PUBG. Having loved Titanfall, this is right up my alley.

I had to drop my sensitivity wayyyy down on PC so my shots become more stable and now I'm getting more knocks or eliminations. Especially with the longbow I've gotten KO after KO with it with my tweaked settings

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Game 5: Jumpmaster ignores pings to instahotdrop, doesn't veer off when there's three other squads hitting the ground first, surprise we all die without guns

Game 6: Starts without a third teammate, second teammate needs to have the game explained to them (not even mad at them, they legit needed explanations on how to play the whole round), die to third partying with 4 squads left

Maybe find some friends to play with, or just quit. Sounds like you're not having fun.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
For the amount of shit you can unlock its a bit weird they won't give you a lootbox every time you level up.

Or is it just me?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
For the amount of shit you can unlock its a bit weird they won't give you a lootbox every time you level up.

Or is it just me?
Levels have set rewards, yeah.

Weirder part is how your level, AFAIK, doesn't roll over. No prestiging or w/e. So you're only ever going to get a tiny amount of loot for free.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Achieved 13 kills (22 with random teammates) in one game, hoping for 20 soon.

But I'm super tired of people dropping as far as possible and looting for 15 minutes without fighting. Please stop. You are lucky I don't have a mic and can't yell at you :)

Deal with it.. swamps is the greatest loot area and it's on the far reaches. Sometimes you in the zone the entire time and others you on the run fighting. It's the best.

Scinbed

Jan 14, 2018

Or is it just me?

Weirder part is how your level, AFAIK, doesn't roll over. No prestiging or w/e. So you're only ever going to get a tiny amount of loot for free.

They'll be adding a battle-pass in soon, which will probably give you extra loot boxes as you level it up too. Might be balanced around having that active at the same time.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I've been playing and having fun since that game came out, I'm just having a single bad day. Policing people's experiences is way weirder.
Chill buddy, just an observation. People who constantly feel the need to complain about a game, just sounds like they aren't having fun. Why not walk away from the game for a few hours.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll be adding a battle-pass in soon, which will probably give you extra loot boxes as you level it up too. Might be balanced around having that active at the same time.
Yeah, I'm reserving my judgement on the MTX for now. Need to see how the battle pass shakes out. At this point, I think it's pretty cool that they give you free packs at all, even if there aren't many. Other f2p games don't do that.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of the airbase drop. Good loot, usually another team or two to kill and plenty of people to hunt down between runoff, the little settlement between airbase and bunker and skull town.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, huge hitbox and an absolutely shit shield. Fantastic ulti, but that's about it.

Thought initially but been getting wins with him. Really his bubble is strong as a fallback point for reloads and healing when engaged at a distance. Also I could see it as an escape ability as well if in the right areas. Too many people use it to hide in and people just charge it when the engagement is to close . Ult is super strong as well. I've actually seen him in more champions parties that look like pre made groups recently.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

Or is it just me?
I am level 30 and was shocked at how little currency I had to buy my first cosmetic. After all those hours, I can't even afford an epic Pose for my banner. They cost 400 crafting metal and I have 380.

To make matters worse, after level 25 we stop getting one loot box per level. Instead, we get one every other level.

They are so afraid of people getting more than a few cosmetics without paying money that they have made it next to impossible for free users to get anything of worth.

I love everything else about this game but the cosmetic system is really terrible.

So once we get to level 50, we cannot get anymore loot boxes? This is worse than I could have ever imagined.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I am level 30 and was shocked at how little currency I had to buy my first cosmetic. After all those hours, I can't even afford an epic Pose for my banner. They cost 400 crafting metal and I have 380.

To make matters worse, after level 25 we stop getting one loot box per level. Instead, we get one every other level.

They are so afraid of people getting more than a few cosmetics without paying money that they have made it next to impossible for free users to get anything of worth.

I love everything else about this game but the cosmetic system is really terrible.

So once we get to level 50, we cannot get anymore loot boxes? This is worse than I could have ever imagined.

Think it's 100 for now. Sure as time goes it'll expand out. Plus you have the battle pass stuff possibly.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Or is it just me?
Nah its super fucked Being almost max level and having fuck all to show for it is ridiculous in addition to the fact I wouldn't be any better off even if I had spent, say, 20 dollars. I still don't even have 400 crafting materials, a third of what you need to get something worthwhile.

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to play a new Legend, but Caustic is just too damn fun. Had a game where the 2nd circle shrink was right over bunker, so there were a lot of players still alive. We went and camped anyway, and I put gas traps in front of door. Teams would NOT stop showing up. By the time we killed one, another was drawn to gunfire and would show up. We were finally finished off by a team that came from behind us in bunker, even with a trap trying to protect. The last minute was a panicked slugfest of us crammed in a room while 2 teams poured in, all of us buried in smoke and poison. I've never seen so many coffins in one area. It was glorious.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is big laggy for me every match tonight, and it has been that way for a lot of the people I have played with, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.