• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
You might be willing to spend $60 for the base game, but they wouldn't have sold 25 million copies of the base game during the first week if it cost $60. You don't speak for most of the player base, who is only here because the game was free. Hell, I bet at least half of the people complaining about skin prices in this thread wouldn't have bought the game at full price in the first place. The only reason some of you are even upset about skins is because EA gave the game away for free. That's the business model.

At the end of the day, they make more money with this pricing. It's the same as in Fortnite where the legendary skins cost $20 each. These are proven price points for this stuff.

My point was from my perspective, idgaf if other people would have bought the game or not that was never my point.

Yes most people are here because the game is free, that doesnt make the predatory loot boxes and insane pricing any less dumb.

I said that its gross, not that it isnt a proven buisness model or that they would have sold 25mill copies or that other games dont have the same shit in it.

That has nothing to do with what i said.

Its gross in fortnite, it's gross on pubg, its gross on Destiny and its gross in this game.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well hoookay Peacemaker is the shit.

Got the 4 kills in 20 seconds badge thanks to it. Just eviscerates enemies up close.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LMFAOOOOOO I CANT BELIEVE I PULLED THIS OFF

lmao, best use of self-revive I've seen.

My point was from my perspective, idgaf if other people would have bought the game or not that was never my point.
...and my point is that your perspective doesn't really matter in the long run. You're yelling into the void here.

I get it, I do it too sometimes with other things. But your post read like you thought you were sticking it to them or something by not spending money. In reality, EA doesn't give a fuck. There are more than enough people who will spend money, but not if the game wasn't first free to download.

As for the other games you mentioned, the full-priced ones saw a backlash because they were full-priced in the first place. Fortnite is widely considered to be "f2p done right." Most people don't have a problem with lootboxes in free games, especially when everything in the loot box is optional cosmetic nonsense. It's when they're included in $60 titles that you see people flipping their shit, or in mobile games where it is literally pay to win.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also regretted that I talked shit about Gribaltar. Another teammate who racked up the highest kill became our Sniper and was absolutely clutch.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
?

Doesn't turning on the raw controller input do that?
Oh is that what that does? Uh oh!

LMFAOOOOOO I CANT BELIEVE I PULLED THIS OFF

Wow wow wow. That was lucky af they didn't see u.
pathfinder is so garbage
200.gif

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY I NEVER HAVE TO PLAY THAT FUCKING SHIT MACHINE AGAIN!!!!!!!!

all 8 legends... finally... its over...

rezuth

Nov 5, 2017
People.. stop breaking free from the team going solo only to die to a squad and if you do and you see me moving towards your location. Do not fucking leave just as I'm about to pick up your banner that I've sprinted across the whole map to get.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
People.. stop breaking free from the team going solo only to die to a squad and if you do and you see me moving towards your location. Do not fucking leave just as I'm about to pick up your banner that I've sprinted across the whole map to get.

I generally leave those people behind. If they can't play as a team, especially at the start, they don't deserve my efforts to save them. I will always try my best to revive a teammate, unless they are in the middle of a huge fire fight and I can't get in or they are outside the circle.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh a wraith skin is on sale for currency that I actually have! I'll get it. Oh wait I need to buy the skin that its a reskin of thats legendary for 20 dollars or use non existent crafting materials before allowing me to buy this skin with separate in game currency. Fuck this system.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh a wraith skin is on sale for currency that I actually have! I'll get it. Oh wait I need to buy the skin that its a reskin of thats legendary for 20 dollars or use non existent crafting materials before allowing me to buy this skin with separate in game currency. Fuck this system.

if you got that skin from a loot box you can just buy the reskin

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Level 86 Pathfinder decides to do his own thing when we land. He's kinda far, but still in running distance. He dies (shocker!) then while the other guy and me are coming to get his banner, he quits. lmao

Jan 10, 2018
From time to time this has to be the laggiest game I've played. I don't know what affects it but it seems to be related to early drops and lots of enemies in your location. It's like walking on the moon; sooooo slow and inaccurate.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've managed to wipe a whole squad a handful of times with the Wingman alone and always feel like I should stop playing, I'm not gonna top this.

I used to play a LOT of CS: Source back in the day and had a pretty good aim back then, but haven't played a ton of shooters since so I was pretty rusty when I picked up Apex. It's been nice to notice how rapidly my aim has been improving while playing this. Certainly not going to claim I'm that good or anything, but definitely better than 2 weeks ago.

Also I just remembered I saw a dream last night where I managed to fuck up my sensitivity settings and did real bad in the game. What a strange dream.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a win with Gibraltar. 0 kills on me and 2 squad kills in total. Just cleaning up the scraps at the end.

What a game! /s

No more fat dudes.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this game had bots. I desperately need to practice the actual gunplay side of things. Getting to finally shoot at somebody every 10 - 15 minutes, and then of course losing said fight, isn't helping me get any better whatsoever.

I still don't feel like I know which guns work best for me either, even after 5 or 6 hours playtime.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I wish this game had bots. I desperately need to practice the actual gunplay side of things. Getting to finally shoot at somebody every 10 - 15 minutes, and then of course losing said fight, isn't helping me get any better whatsoever.

I still don't feel like I know which guns work best for me either, even after 5 or 6 hours playtime.
I feel you. I'm slowly getting better. Watching videos of tips and weapon rankings was overwhelming at first but I found taking a few notes on a spreadsheet and printing it to have at hand really helped. If that's your kind of personality :D So now I can glance at my cheat sheet to pick guns to replace and so forth.

DonFreecs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damage numbers are bugged right? Hitting people without seeing the shield icon when they most definitely have a shield.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

Just hot drop every game. If you make It out you get a lot of good loot or else you can start up a new game 2 minutes later. Meanwhile you always get in fights.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I use mirage so much that everytime the shit hits the fan I now instinctively press lb to create a decoy. Even when I'm using other characters.

Seeing the health drone pop up as I run away from fire isn't helping.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
a shot was coming from off screen and in the split second someone started crawling into my view from the direction the shot came from i figured my teammate had dropped them so i started firing to finish them off. Instantly realized it was actually my third teammate so i went to revive, and then my game hardcrashed.

They mustve thought I was the biggest dipshit in the world

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
well i just had one of the craziest matches

our great jumpmaster went for the supply ship and hit the edge, so me and the other teammate fell off instantly while he stayed on there. of course, he died soon after while the ship was still flying across the map. disconnected seconds later.

so us two left were in a shitty zone in the middle of market and airbase. got what guns there were nearby, which were the r-99 and wingman. made our way to the buildings in front of the market, and that's when all hell broke loose.

entered one building that was basically a long hallway and downed two players from separate squads. i got knocked but my partner lifeline cleaned up and revived me. we loot the deathboxes to get shields and ammo, and of course, another squad comes in. they down the lifeline, but by god did the r-99 come through huge. i downed two with it, then another squad comes and kills the other player. i basically run the circuit of that complex to heal up and reload, and get the flank to take the entire squad. i bring up the lifeline, heal up and reload then another squad swoops in.

lifeline knocks one before getting dropped, and i fucking run another circuit healing up and reloading, and somehow get the last two in that narrow hallway with the r-99.

i got 9 kills in what felt like three minutes! fucking wild with all the deathboxes that piled up in that narrow building.

we basically get fully kitted afterward, loaded with the best armor and backpacks, all the healing and grenades, and enough ammo to take on the rest of the lobby. i get the prowler with the selectfire and all the fixins to replace my wingman. picked up a level 3 extended light mag for the r-99, too

we run up to another two squads fighting near bridges and promptly smoke the remnants. down to two squads left, we hear them fighting in hydro dam, charge in there, and fucking clean house. bloodhound's scans and ult made sure they couldn't hide and recover. tracked down the last player trying to heal, and i unload my entire prowler magazine to kill that big gibraltar ass.

i was coming off some awful games, too, and seeing how this one started with one aggro bro dying immediately in the supply ship and stranding us two in the middle of nowhere, i was about to write that game off.

but nope, stuck with it, and i just turned on beast mode to fuck shit up.

2019 goty lock it up folks

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
I really like to use Peacekeeper but I am afraid this gun is little OP :D
This is all in one match and I am pretty bad.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Relaa who is a long time pro Battlefield player and worked with DICE on BF5 posted a highlights video of him playing the game. :)

It's disgusting.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
This is the weirdest game, for some reason I cant aim for shit on PS4. My aim is ok on Battlefield but this game for some reason I cant hit anything most of the time.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I really like to use Peacekeeper but I am afraid this gun is little OP :D
This is all in one match and I am pretty bad.

Maybe it needs adjustment, but I'd just say you're better than you give yourself credit. Peacekeeper only lands a couple of pellets if your aim is not spot on. That Lifeline at 0:24 was also using it but couldn't hit you to save her life (literally).

And not to take away from your play, but that game would have ended at 0:02 and 0:15 and 0:20 if your opponents weren't complete potatoes. Really, no one in that clip seemed capable of hitting the broad side of a barn.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
2QiJey9.jpg

All of this just to choke the match away. One enemy left and I went for the heal instead of rushing.

That's what I love about the game though, I can't recall a single death of mine where it wasn't my own fault.

Btw every single one of those 12 kills was made with a shotgun. While I'm having tremendous fun with the shottys in Apex (Peacekeeper is just godly) I think they should be one of the first things to get nerfed (mostly their range)

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I don't mind when people quit after dying, I get it, you're not feeling the match or the squad and don't want to stick around for a fresh start. What really pisses me off is when they stay, I do a clutch banner grab in the middle of a fight with 3 seconds to spare, run across the map in the direction of the beacon, they're still there waiting as I make the trip, I'm feeling heroic, and then I get to the beacon and it doesn't work and I realize they just left 5 seconds ago, ages after dying and after making me go through that trouble, thinking they wanted to be respawned. DUCKING HELL

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There's alot to like about Apex but I really feel the single best thing is the respawn beacons. They can truly change the match from being a total shitshow to a win.

Last night I was playing with my buddy and I got killed about half way through the match. The other random died within 30 seconds of the game starting so it was really 2v3 for us the whole time. Anyways, he respawns me into a very heavily populated area with enemies. Like they were everywhere. I landed from the dropship - no weapons - and I sprinted to one of the many death boxes lying around and managed to get a Spitfire and purple armor. My buddy then got into a fight inside a hut and I opened the door and killed 3 people with the Spitfire, including the kill leader. We ended up winning that one after killing off the last 2 squads.

Point is - In any other game I would've been dead and that would've been the end of it. Respawn beacons will end up being a staple hold in BR games going forward.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
How does respawn work in this? I don't play BR games but I watch them on Twitch. I'm used to seeing one death and done.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
How does respawn work in this? I don't play BR games but I watch them on Twitch. I'm used to seeing one death and done.

Team mate has to run by your death box, grab your respawn banner and bring it to the nearest beacon within 90 seconds of them dying. Then a drop ship will fly in and your team mate will spawn right in but with no guns, armor or any items.

It's pretty genius.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Got to level 96 and opened up my last box. Fourth Legendary item, a skin for Flatline. Too bad I don't like that gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.