• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to know why they went so far to mirror Overwatch's loot box system, only to diverge once it came to how they're actually awarded. It feels like a misguided attempt to make the junk cosmetics more rewarding, rather than making the rarest ones the big prize.

Really hope they change it at some point.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
2QiJey9.jpg

All of this just to choke the match away. One enemy left and I went for the heal instead of rushing.

That's what I love about the game though, I can't recall a single death of mine where it wasn't my own fault.

Btw every single one of those 12 kills was made with a shotgun. While I'm having tremendous fun with the shottys in Apex (Peacekeeper is just godly) I think they should be one of the first things to get nerfed (mostly their range)

I don't feel they really need a nerf. Wingman and R99 are at least as powerful, in the Wingman's case more powerful. Overall I would look at buffing the less powerful guns then nerfing the top ones.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Last but not least, got a win with Lifeline. Now I got at least a win with each character. Don't care about achievements and such, but I thought this was a fun little challange to get to know the characters a bit better.

Also late to the party, but the R-99 is one crazy beast.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The R99 with the purple mag is my favorite gun in the game, it straight up deletes people in CQC.

If it gets nerfed imma be upset lol

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
You get one more box at 100.

Reward system dies after that. I've been 100 for almost a week and it has affected my incentive to play.

I'm kind of amazed at this, it seems like such an odd way of doing things. I get that, in all probability, part of the progression system here is the battle pass and that doesn't yet exist, but this system seems so needlessly stingy right now. I have some level of faith that it will be repaired, but there's no way to know one way or another right now.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god i just had one of the best games ever! Im gonna start maining lifeline from now on. It is like people cant hit her or something. No one targets me like when I am Pathfinder. And even if they do, they miss like hell. I was fucking people up with the Havoc! Also, it seemed as though my ADS was glued to people's head this time around. This never happens with any other character where I have to work for kills. Weird. I must have ascended or something.

Deleted member 54091

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Does anybody else really want the solo mode? I see many people saying it's a team-based game and all that, but would it still hurt to include the option though?

People on Reddit downvote everything solo-queue related. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of playing with randoms as it gets frustrating sometimes.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody else really want the solo mode? I see many people saying it's a team-based game and all that, but would it still hurt to include the option though?

People on Reddit downvote everything solo-queue related. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of playing with randoms as it gets frustrating sometimes.

I tend to not make online friends anymore, so I played Fortnite exclusively solo.

As such I was very unsure about Apex and playing with random, but by now I have come completely around. There shouldn't be a solo mode. With the way the game is designed and set up I think it can only take away from the overall experience, if you split the userbase like that.

But like with Apex itself, I am always willing to be proven wrong.

Deleted member 54091

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I tend to not make online friends anymore, so I played Fortnite exclusively solo.

As such I was very unsure about Apex and playing with random, but by now I have come completely around. There shouldn't be a solo mode. With the way the game is designed and set up I think it can only take away from the overall experience, if you split the userbase like that.

They could change a few things for the solo mode though.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
They could change a few things for the solo mode though.

It's less about the gameplay itself, and more about who and how people engage with it. At the moment squads are filled with randoms, which creates some casual fun games that I can actually win (at least for me). A solo mode might shift the squad mode audience to more fully premade groups, which in returns makes it less appealing for randoms, pushing them into the (I presume watered down) solo mode. And that would be a shame.

You need to be careful with this stuff. It can have a big impact and there is usually no way to go back on it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The havoc is crap even with the hopups and the ttk remains the biggest issue with this game.
I dunno dude... here are a few kills I just got from the game I just won. This is my second time using the weapon after initially writing it off so my aim is kinda wack. But I managed to adjust throughout the match to the kick back on it. The sniper rifle mode is... just :chef's kiss:

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
The infographic showing Apex Legend's timeline showed season 1 battle pass as March through May right? Hopefully we start to get some concrete news on how it's going to work. The Valentine's day items went live on the 13th, a Wednesday, so ideally we get the start of season 1 on the 6th of March. I liked how Fortnite handled their system so hopefully Respawn either copies that or improves on it

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say going into training and shooting a bunch of rounds with each gun has done wonders for my choices of what guns to pick up and figuring out my preferences in the field.

Is there anything to the guns that have a quoted phrase associated with them when you pick them up? Sometimes they are in blue/purple text which leads me to believe they are different, but it doesn't seem explained anywhere.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017

I feel the same, they should keep it as is. While I've had some not great games with randoms, I've also had some pretty good one's. While I mostly play solo Apex allows for much more coordination between teams that it's much more fun that way.

Deleted member 54091

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
It's less about the gameplay itself, and more about who and how people engage with it. At the moment squads are filled with randoms, which creates some casual fun games that I can actually win (at least for me). A solo mode might shift the squad mode audience to more fully premade groups, which in returns makes it less appealing for randoms, pushing them into the (I presume watered down) solo mode. And that would be a shame.

You need to be careful with this stuff. It can have a big impact and there is usually no way to go back on it.

I see your point, but right now it's still hard to win with randoms against a premade squad.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I need one of those websites where I can check my wins, winrate and all kinds of stats.
I know there's one (or a few already) for that, but they all provide less info than we already have in-game.
Yea I want to see my kills/deaths over time as well. To see how much better I have gotten over time. Agora.gg used to track stats like that for paragon and you could even build decks and import them into your ps4 game using the website. Would be cool to change skins and badges online in Apex here too.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
Is there anything to the guns that have a quoted phrase associated with them when you pick them up? Sometimes they are in blue/purple text which leads me to believe they are different, but it doesn't seem explained anywhere.

That's the skin that the weapon had equipped. Basically, someone else dropped that gun and the skin they were using for it stays on it.

Deleted member 54091

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Yea I want to see my kills/deaths over time as well. To see how much better I have gotten over time. Agora.gg used to track stats like that for paragon and you could even build decks and import them into your ps4 game using the website. Would be cool to change skins and badges online in Apex here too.

Maybe this is weird but I think that I get more frustrated by losing than I get satisfied by winning since there's literally no reward for winning right now whatsoever 🤷‍♂️

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say going into training and shooting a bunch of rounds with each gun has done wonders for my choices of what guns to pick up and figuring out my preferences in the field.

It's the name of the skin equipped on that weapon.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
The currency you earn is totally useless once you buy the characters.

Every game I play today is just a shit show of bad team mates, just going off on their own, hoarding loot when you have no ammo, charging into fights like they are a pro player.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Team mate has to run by your death box, grab your respawn banner and bring it to the nearest beacon within 90 seconds of them dying. Then a drop ship will fly in and your team mate will spawn right in but with no guns, armor or any items.

It's pretty genius.
i think it's 90 seconds to get the respawn banner after the teammate bleeds out, but no time limit between getting the banner and bringing it to the respawn beacon, right?

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm getting my ass handed to me in every single match. It's mostly looting without any enemy contact and then running into a squad that's bunkered down.

Opium

Oct 30, 2017
Having a knockdown tracker is like having a pat on the back award. All this game needs is a global kills counter.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Lifeline is super popular but I'm not hugely impressed with what I've played of her. Her small hitbox and the passive increase to healing speed are super useful but that's about it. Her heal drone is immobile and heals really slowly and her shield to revive enemies seems useful until you remember 90% of engagements in this game are at close range and enemies can just walk right through the shield and blast you in the face.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
My "best" match is when I came in 2nd, and my teammates had exactly 0 damage done between them, lol. (Not complaining about them, as I suck, just that you can do jack shit and reach the last circle.) I hadn't played in a week and my experience hasn't changed. Half the time I start with less than a full squad. When I do get a full squad, inevitably I get gunned down by someone with 300+ kills.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Geez.....when one of your teammates is a potato for real. we literally spent most of the game 2v3ing and then respawning him or reviving him only to have to respawn him. lol

I guess it helped us find where they were, since he basically served as a decoy in some fights.

(I'm on the left)

mABOuNd.png

<edit> LMFAOOOOO

I JUST NOW SAW HIM TYPE "DID WE WIN?"

WTF

Deleted member 54091

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Man I'm getting my ass handed to me in every single match. It's mostly looting without any enemy contact and then running into a squad that's bunkered down.

Imo it's best to fight as much as possible if you want to get better at the game. I get that this might not be everyone's playstyle, but playing passively all the time won't get you anywhere

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I know Lifeline is super popular but I'm not hugely impressed with what I've played of her. Her small hitbox and the passive increase to healing speed are super useful but that's about it. Her heal drone is immobile and heals really slowly and her shield to revive enemies seems useful until you remember 90% of engagements in this game are at close range and enemies can just walk right through the shield and blast you in the face.

Lifeline is my main. The passive is ace, the best thing about her. I think generally her other skills are useful situationally, which is about what you should expect of them in this. The drone is good for topping up, for spending more time in the red, and good - if clear - for post-fight heals (allies can shield whilst getting healed, it's just faster than any other way of doing things short of a Phoenix Kit). The revive shield can be excellent - people can't always push it at will, which is a massive boon in many fights. Finally, the Ult is great to set the team up for the final few circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.