• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I got 1000 ($10) of the premium currency, and some bonus cosmetics for having ea access. Signing up 2 days ago for $1 (for anthem), seems like a pretty good deal in retrospect.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
The feedback forum is something else

LZT5amJ.png
2JK.gif

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone briefly explain the revive system and how it differs from picking someone up when they're bleeding out? What are the "rules?"

You can revive when they are bleeding out, but if they are 'eliminated', you can then retrieve their 'card' and bring them to one of the random green respawn stations where you can bring them back to life. It's brilliant, and gives you hope if you are eliminated early in a squad.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The double tap ping for enemy location is so excellent. No more "there's a guy at 210 at the end of the building... no the other building!" It's just boom, right there. I did have to switch it off the middle mouse though, because double clicking that was really hard for me. I might just put the "enemy spotted" command on a dedicated button.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I played a few games. Got a few kills.

Don't really like the jumbled together art style.

The gameplay is good, but I think I liked Titanfall more.

Not really a game for me, ultimately. No harm, no foul.

Uninstalled.

Nov 10, 2017
Can't run Apex on my PS4. 😕 Get the same error whenever I try to start from the title screen: "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later. [105]"

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
2 wins out of about 10 games. I actually like this a bit more than Blackout. I'm really digging the squad focused play and the easy one button ping system, which means playing with randoms (the only way I play) is actually quite doable.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I think more weapons need to spawn in areas. Because this is mainly a squad game I feel like there isn't a whole lot of weapons to go around for the first couple of rounds.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of off-putting that there's no solo mode, but I kind of get why with the great quick chat/communication system. That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer a solo mode.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm having a lot of fun. Seems like it's really polished and I like the team based gameplay. Gonna take me a while to get used to each Hero's special abilities effectively.

This seems like it will be a good game for my group of friends who play tons of Overwatch/PUBG.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Dunno if it's just me but god damn this game has the most boring art direction I've seen in recent times.

Gameplay seems okay maybe. Probably not for me though. Seems a little hard to see people too

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Thanks for setting up a Discord ;)

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The first thing that needs to be sorted is the ammo/magazines and the TTK. I shouldn't be able to unload 16 rounds of a Flatline into someone and get killed because they didn't down them and I needed to reload. Either the magazine sizes go up and ammo is removed from inventory slots or the TTK needs to be adjusted to fit the scarcity.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if it's just me but god damn this game has the most boring art direction I've seen in recent times.

Gameplay seems okay maybe. Probably not for me though. Seems a little hard to see people too

I would say the art direction is less boring that inconsistent and jumbled. The different areas of the island seem like a copy paste job and the character designs don't really mesh well with the world.

Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to see non-teammates.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
You can revive when they are bleeding out, but if they are 'eliminated', you can then retrieve their 'card' and bring them to one of the random green respawn stations where you can bring them back to life. It's brilliant, and gives you hope if you are eliminated early in a squad.

Thanks!

Do you pick up this "card" off their corpse, or is it automatically added to teammates' inventory?

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Game is great so far but it has some weird performance issues. I'm pulling weirdly inconsistent framerates for a Source game on a 8700k/1060... kinda hovers around 50ish most of the time.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
1. Needs solo mode. Yeah, yeah, teamwork yadda yadda. Sometimes I really don't want to be reliant on random gibbering idiots or having to organize friends.

2. Needs a practice mode, so I can figure out abilities and whatnot. It's no fun going up against abilities you don't understand while using abilities you don't know the limitations of. How the holy flying fuck is this not a standard feature?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played the Training segment, and one match where I only found SMGs(yeah, my luck continues in this game with picking up shitty weapons). Will have to give this a couple more tries, but with friends this time.
2. Needs a practice mode, so I can figure out abilities and whatnot. It's no fun going up against abilities you don't understand while using abilities you don't know the limitations of. How the holy flying fuck is this not a standard feature?
I was so happy when I saw there is a Training mode, but it's just a Tutorial for one character...

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

If you want I can help run the discord server I joined and my discord name is the same as here

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I usually avoid squads in games like this, is it still enjoyable if I'm playing with no voice chat ?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The first thing that needs to be sorted is the ammo/magazines and the TTK. I shouldn't be able to unload 16 rounds of a Flatline into someone and get killed because they didn't down them and I needed to reload. Either the magazine sizes go up and ammo is removed from inventory slots or the TTK needs to be adjusted to fit the scarcity.
Surprised they didn't go with unlimited ammo like with past TF games.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018

Yeah this is for sure the biggest issue right now. I haven't run out of ammo this much in a multiplayer shooter in, well, ever.

I usually avoid squads in games like this, is it still enjoyable if I'm playing with no voice chat ?

Voice chat will always help but the ping system in this game is revolutionary -- the best feature by far. You can convey an incredible amount of info just with the pings.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Agreed. It feels like I've spent more time reloading than anything else. You just fly through the mag.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My squadmate went into a room with a couple guys. Grappled to a high entrance, came in, cleaned house, and respawnes my teammate.

Respawning people feels gooood.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]

Thanks for setting up the Discord! Only a couple matches in with randoms but I'm having a good time

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Submachine guns don't feel good. Against a high level shield I don't think you can fight them alone with it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The double tap ping for enemy location is so excellent. No more "there's a guy at 210 at the end of the building... no the other building!" It's just boom, right there. I did have to switch it off the middle mouse though, because double clicking that was really hard for me. I might just put the "enemy spotted" command on a dedicated button.
On PC the "enemy" ping is also on the F key ny default. Double-clicking my crappy mouse wheel is a no go for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.