• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I just had an 11 kill win, most of them with the EVA-8 and it went so smoothly that I think I now prefer the EVA over the Peacekeeper.

One of those games where you kill the last squad and go "Oh, it's over already" at the Champion screen.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I just experienced my first voice to text voiceover.

The ring was behind us and we had the high ground. There were 2 squads battling it out and I was taking shots from range to ware them down as the ring started to close in. We had the position and my squad mate decided to rush in ...

No idea why because we had the position and we were blocking the route to the next ring.

Obviously he got downed and kept pinging to get the revive but the ring was fast closing so no chance.

The ring finished him off and I got a voice to text message in a robot voice saying "You suck".

I continued to hold position and saw a number of squads die on the kill list due to the ring. I was solo and managed to hold onto second.

If the other person had just waited and held the ground we may have had a chance to win!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
In my experience Peacekeeper seems to be inconsistent with how much damage it'll do, but EVA always takes like 5 shots to down, not really a fan.

Some good positioning on my part but that last player, whoo boy. 225 damage in 2 seconds, that's headshots with a Wingman with attachments for you, I guess. Win #99!

Also, level ~10 random quits after the character select screen as he didn't get to pick Bangalore, I proceed to have a pretty damn good start anyway!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give me some tips on how to actually fight correctly in this game. I sometimes get the drop on people but usually end up losing. Do I need to be trying for headshots?

Is there an easy way to figure out which guns are burst fire, single or semi auto?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me some tips on how to actually fight correctly in this game. I sometimes get the drop on people but usually end up losing. Do I need to be trying for headshots?

Is there an easy way to figure out which guns are burst fire, single or semi auto?
Different weapons have different headshot damage multipliers in this game, so it kind of depends.

Headshots don't do straight 2x damage, though, so not really as important to hit here as some other FPS.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

There's a symbol in the bottom right by your ammo. 2 little bullets means burst, one means singlefire, infinity symbol means auto.

Single Fire:
Hemlock (Single Fire mode)
G7 Scout
Longbow
Kraber

Burst:
Hemlock
Prowler

Everything else is auto, except the shotguns that aren't the EVA8.

Just aim for central mass and lead a little. The key is good positioning and sustained accuracy. Flanks are king.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Is there a best place to look for weapons? Sometimes I drop and feel like I'm finding nothing but stocks and scopes and ammo, and maybe a frag grenade if I'm lucky.

SuGEoSs.jpg

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
There's a symbol in the bottom right by your ammo. 2 little bullets means burst, one means singlefire, infinity symbol means auto.

Single Fire:
Hemlock (Single Fire mode)
G7 Scout
Longbow
Kraber

Burst:
Hemlock
Prowler

Everything else is auto, except the shotguns that aren't the EVA8.

Just aim for central mass and lead a little. The key is good positioning and sustained accuracy. Flanks are king.

FWIW Triple Take and P-2020 pistol are also in the single fire list. Not that the latter is particularly worth mentioning or anything. Flatline and R-301 also both have single fire modes.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex Legends BSOD'd my PC today, that was pretty scary thought my hard drives were broken!
Restarted my PC and it would say "select boot device or insert and press any key". PC would even let me go to BIOS screen!
Somehow fixed it by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in.

Pretty sure it was Apex cause it crashed the moment I got downed in a match, pretty sure the CPU voltage spiked and forced the blue screen.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
On PS4 if you hold the touchpad during a match it comes up with text input, but it doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. What's that about?

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
45c78946-f868-404f-b5de-112cc56e18f6.PNG

I feel like I just had one of those people. I questioned if it was a bug when the stats screen came up, I know the guy was around us the whole game and we ran into multiple squads. How the hell can you have 0 damage?!

I won a game where the entire squad had 0 kills - 0 damage. We got to the final squad without seeing or engaging with anyone. It was 3 of us against 1 guy and he either got lost in the zone or quit out.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
On PS4 if you hold the touchpad during a match it comes up with text input, but it doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. What's that about?
it shows up in the center-left of the screen, there's also a text-to-voice feature that will read the chat to you

no one really uses it though in my experience, aside to drop a gg after a win

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
I was about to cry when the Decked Out trophy didn't pop, since I equipped both pieces on the "YOU ARE THE CHAMPION" screen.

...But then it popped right afterwards on the result screen.

Yhb1xRZm.jpg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't leave if you die, your teammate could respawn you."

*Watches the random punch a wall for 40 seconds*

Riiight.

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
I've only had one unpleasant member in this game. People have been mostly nice. Is that everyone else's experience? I'm trying to get good. Anyone doesn't mind playing with someone who only has 3 kills hit me up.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
there are no characters for me to buy, and the alt colors are contingent on me spending $18 on a skin for the same slot
They will be adding characters over the life of the game. Rumor is two more very soon. Characters are the most important part of the game as opposed to cosmetics so in ln-game currency buys bar none, the most important items in the game.

If you want a skin and aren't patient enough to earn boxes from gameplay then buy some coins. Support Respawn and Apex.

They gave you a burger for free. Let's not cry because they want you to buy some cheese for it. lol

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The desynch is just getting worse and worse. It's actually ruining the game for me. At least a third of my deaths are when I'm in cover. Or suddenly going from 200hp to 10hp when the server pings the damage all at once.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Just played the first round of my first battle royale ever.

It was 10 minutes of identifying pickups and hiding in a building and then maybe a minute of combat.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
uhh.. I'm not trying to show off, just a situation where it was clearly interfering.

I also I think it's pretty obvious the situation would of been played out differently if the first time I tried to reloaded, I actually reloaded versus running straight into a closed door - then having to open it - and then being forced to switch my weapon.
Not saying I would of won, but come on.

What a weird thing to point out. Nice gamer flex!
You posted a video showing a control scheme issue as a "glitch", when it's an option that can be changed, in a situation where the "glitch" didn't affect the outcome of the fight because you died instantly.

I'm not flexing. That doesn't even make sense.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I hear the word "bamboozled" it reminds me of Bill Worrell talking about Hakeem Olajuwon steamrolling David Robinson in the 95 NBA conference finals. Good times!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
They will be adding characters over the life of the game. Rumor is two more very soon. Characters are the most important part of the game as opposed to cosmetics so in ln-game currency buys bar none, the most important items in the game.

If you want a skin and aren't patient enough to earn boxes from gameplay then buy some coins. Support Respawn and Apex.

They gave you a burger for free. Let's not cry because they want you to buy some cheese for it. lol
I'm not "crying." And I have happily spent money. I have an in-game currency—I wish I could spend it on something. Don't extrapolate bizarre, unrelated arguments from what I'm saying and then berate me for them.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I think I got something rare..

unknown.png

Nice!

Wraith is my main and I really want that dagger. Does anyone know if it always all drops at once? Or was this an exceptionally lucky drop?!

Edit: https://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/apex-legends/Bonus_Heirloom_Set

The Bonus Heirloom set is a very, very special set with a <1% drop chance when opening Apex Packs

The Apex Legends FAQ states that "a player cannot open more than 500 Apex Packs without receiving an Heirloom set."

Status
Not open for further replies.