• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Who are everyone's favorite characters so far?

Lifeline feels the most OP to me because I believe her airdrop always guarantees at least one purple item. My friends and I always give the ultimate accelerator items to Lifeline and can often get 3-4 airdrops in 1 game. It really helps to outfit everyone with purple armor items which are otherwise quite rare.

Bloodhound is a little trickier to use but can wreak havoc on an unsuspecting team or save your team from getting ambushed. The sense hostiles ability is only on a 30s cooldown so you can spam it so much.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I usually avoid squads in games like this, is it still enjoyable if I'm playing with no voice chat ?
The system they built for quick chat/communication is really well done that kind of makes voice chat more of a hindrance for random squad circumstances. At least if you have one or two people that are vets that are willing to help out teammates.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Game runs alright on PC, but man for some reason booting/title screen/initial menu is just ass. Like, the gameplay performs better than the title screen for me.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be thinking about this game all day at work tomorrow.

I only played for about an hour, but this was my best game of the night. The Dusonr guy knew what he was doing and was by far the best random teammate I had. It was an aggressive and exciting game, I need to jump in for more tomorrow.

ZkErGIw.png

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Played six hours today. The game feels so incredibly polished for a F2P game and is definitely the most polished BR game I've played.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watched Shroud play this for a few hours. Can't wait to dive in! I love how diverse the characters are also.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it
I'm gonna want in on this

Jun 26, 2018
No solo mode and loot boxes is kinda souring me on this :/ I'll give it a try when I get off from work, but I gotta say it stings that we're getting this instead of TF3.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Let me seeeeeeeee.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
this game has far and away the best melee of any BR I've played (except maybe RR). fortnite and pubg's were absolutely miserable

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played all day, picked up about 8-10 wins. The game is really fun. There is a lot of skill to the game that isn't just who spots who first, or even who has better aim.

The contextual communication and pinging system is ace, really great design there. Everything is super smooth, I was really surprised by how little issues there were, especially for having no public testing.

I am not a huge fan of the weekly store items costing 15$ for a weapon skins.
Also squads of 3 feels like an odd choice, hope that is bumped up to 4.

Other than that, as long as Respawn continue to update and add content, I think this game will continue to be a hit.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm done with you, heavy ammo.

Light ammo and shottys for ev er

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good starting character for a Battle Royale noob? I'm less concerned about learning the kit and more concerned about stealing a really good character from a veteran that actually knows how to play them. I defaulted to Lifeline because that's the character they start you with, but based on everyone saying she's OP it's clear I'm not going to be using her to her fullest potential.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having trouble staying in a squad with friends on PS4? After every game it always seems to glitch out and say one of us is still in a game, so we have to break up the squad and rejoin each other. Am i dumb and doing something wrong?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
How is performance on PS4? I have a PC more than capable of running it, but I'm afraid to use a gamepad vs mouse/kb players.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Made a friend on my last match, the first win I've had yet. We managed to revive each other twice during the match and he distracted the last enemy while I unloaded a Devotion on him. That victory screen... sogood.gif

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I install the game played it for about 2 hours and unistall it. This is not Titanfall this is COD:BS edition. They take away all of the good parts about titanfall.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
How is performance on PS4? I have a PC more than capable of running it, but I'm afraid to use a gamepad vs mouse/kb players.

I'm sure some will call this blasphemous but I've been alternating between mouse/keyboard and DS4 on the PC version - I don't have any problems getting kills with a controller and one of my two wins came while using it. I think it just depends on whatever your comfortable with.

Also, I watched the first part of the Giant Bomb gameplay vid and Brad was saying that the devs were offering them controllers for the PC version if they cared for it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some will call this blasphemous but I've been alternating between mouse/keyboard and DS4 on the PC version - I don't have any problems getting kills with a controller and one of my two wins came while using it. I think it just depends on whatever your comfortable with.

Also, I watched the first part of the Giant Bomb gameplay vid and Brad was saying that the devs were offering them controllers for the PC version if they cared for it.
Hmmm. Interesting.... Thank you for your response.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, this looks genuinely good. I'm not sure I can convince anyone to play a yet another BR game with me, though, so the ping/quick chat system sounds perfect for me since I'll probably spend most of my time with random peeps. Definitely looking forward to checking this out after work.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. Interesting.... Thank you for your response.

Anytime, YMMV of course but it doesn't hurt to try it at least. To your original question, I did very briefly load the game up on the Pro and run through the training area. Didn't play an actual game but performance seemed stable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.