• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Fighting in this game is just too enjoyable to play conservatively. Last night I had a match with 2 low level randos and all they did was hide, great we made it to top 3 and got crushed first squad we saw lol. Get a gun and go kill. Dont stop till everyone is dead.

RoadRunnerXS

Avenger
Mar 10, 2019
United States
My first post on this site! I'm currently level 26, with my mains being either Lifeline or Caustic. I'm not that good at it, but I do have around 12-13 top 3 finishes with maybe 5(?) wins. I've been playing with randoms since the game released, for the most part I haven't ran into too much trouble. People are generally good at communicating (at least on Xbox), even without a mic. There has been several times where people will drop out of the lobby mid-startup, and that really screws up the game unfortunately since it's so team focused.

So far I'd say my favorite weapons are the wingman, R301, and the EVA 8 (I'd take the Peacekeeper over it, but can never seem to find one for some reason).

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
those games where you hit the perfect pacing of fight after fight after fight then next thing you know you're the champion & kill leader

giphy.gif

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
if you're talking about what i think you're talking about, i don't think that's bug—when you don't have a weapon out, the game acts like you have your primary weapon out for the purpose of equipping/deequipping stuff

it is very confusing. i have ~170 hours in this game and i still accidentally switch scopes on my longbow instead of putting a new one on my scopeless r99 all the time
Naw, I always have the weapon I want to swap out actually be out when I try it. The bug is, for example, let's say I have a Mozambique in slot 1 and an R99 in slot 2. I find a Peacekeeper on the ground, so obviously I want to swap my Mozambique for it. While having the Mozambique equipped and out, I try to swap, but instead it drops my R99 and all of its mods. Now I have a Mozambique and a Peacekeeper, and one of my teammates comes and quickly picks up all my mods for my R99. Now I'm screwed.

This happens to me all the time and it's so frustrating.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Naw, I always have the weapon I want to swap out actually be out when I try it. The bug is, for example, let's say I have a Mozambique in slot 1 and an R99 in slot 2. I find a Peacekeeper on the ground, so obviously I want to swap my Mozambique for it. While having the Mozambique equipped and out, I try to swap, but instead it drops my R99 and all of its mods. Now I have a Mozambique and a Peacekeeper, and one of my teammates comes and quickly picks up all my mods for my R99. Now I'm screwed.

This happens to me all the time and it's so frustrating.

PC or console?
Never happened to me on PC, 200h

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow, I think I just made a big mistake. Had a multi-year break from shooters and felt a bit rusty, so I fired up UT'99 to get a bit back into the groove, and after a few rounds I found some ancient skills slowly coming back. Then I fired up Apex, and now it feels like everything is in slow motion and the weapons don't do shit. :D So let me tell you, don't try practicing old-school skills to get better at Apex. Doesn't help.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Thoughts on the triple take with choke? I'm kinda liking it without it in case you miss the shot you still have potential for I slight hit. Also up close without it can still allow you to land a shot in a panic. I guess you don't need to utilize the choke even if it's added to the weapon but it does make the shooting feel different one you ads.

I've also seen way more people using the triple take. The increase in energy ammo has helped with this. I think we will see a shift to more snipping since they can annihilate armor and health.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I think most squads don't remember to do is tactically retreat.

Intelligently engaging and being aggressive is the best way to play but sometimes you get yourself into a situation and just need to bail. People tend to forget you can use your mobility to get out of a fight just as much as in one, regroup, and strategize.

At this point I'd venture a portion of players have picked up on map patterns and choke points, with consideration to the incoming circle, but get caught up in the heat of the battle to remember they have the jump on those guys just by knowing where they are now.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great final circle with randoms. We moved in to a hilltop near Cascades and engaged in a team fight that then led to 3 other team fights - all on that hill. Last two teams needed to go through deadboxes for ammo and shields, and the top lvl people on my team got downed - leaving the level 2 Bangalore to win a 1-on-1 against another Bangalore. Each popped smoke, and our Lvl2 Bangalore went into the smoke with a Mastiff and secured the W. I can't imagine how that person felt. It was amazing 5 minutes of carnage, and I'm glad the newcomer had a great time.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
> die early
> random admits over mic he was texting instead of watching team
> both teammates loot instead of heading to respawn beacon in opposite direction
> "Leave Match"

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Had my worst win so far, 250 damage, no kills, team both DC'd before we drop, played it safe keeping the high ground sniping and playing for the ring. Everyone playing deathmatch on Hydro, I set up to ambush the last squad at the ring in swamp. They all die to ring. Would love to see some faces at that champ screen lol.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
My son and I just won using only alternators and Mozambique. He never found an alternator so had to rock the bique all match, still managed 4 kills lol. Our rando by the end was using the Mozambique also, man that was awesome.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually not convinced I've ever seen a wraith player random who doesn't disconnect the moment they die. I wish I could filter randoms by that.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Gibraltar is going to be even more deadly when they lower hit boxes. Been getting wins with him a fair amount lately as is. Bangolor and his ultimate together are a deadly combo and causes confusion when used. If they treated inside that combo it will just result in kills. He's already very playable and with a few tweaks is going to be crazy good.

Been playing with a group who save up ultimate accelerants so we can always have ults available and chain then together.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I really find it amazing that the quality of randoms gets worse every time I play. People just have no gamoe sense.

An enemy spotted ping isn't a 'shoot from 500m with an r99 right now', how the fuck are you level 90 you moron?

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

A tense finish here:

Took down 2, needed to heal up, wary of the third.

But no.

I go around the corner and one of the downed enemies was just finishing the self revive animation!

I managed to get the punch in first and sealed victory

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I really love it when I die and my teammates take everything I had and leave me with nothing when they revive me.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Was finally able to spend a decent amount of time playing and I must say that I'm quickly falling in love with the game. Combat feels very solid and encounters can be a blast.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I really find it amazing that the quality of randoms gets worse every time I play. People just have no gamoe sense.

An enemy spotted ping isn't a 'shoot from 500m with an r99 right now', how the fuck are you level 90 you moron?
Randoms looooove to engage from hundreds of meters away, especially when they're exposed to third party teams in multiple directions!

Sully

Oct 25, 2017

A tense finish here:

Took down 2, needed to heal up, wary of the third.

But no.

I go around the corner and one of the downed enemies was just finishing the self revive animation!
Lol you should submit that for one of those best of the week compilations that was hilarious how you just happened to turn back to him at the exact right moment lol

I managed to get the punch in first and sealed victory

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Teammate died to the storm towards the end of the match because he was too busy looting.

I ran into the storm, got his banner and respawned him.

He ran back to his deathbox back inside the storm to get his stuff back and died again.

How the fuck can you be that stupid?

Last edited:

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Teammate died to the storm towards the end of the match because he was too busy looting.

I ran into the storm, got his banner and respawned him.

He ran back to his deathbox back inside the storm to get his storm and died again.

How the fuck can you be that stupid?
After reading this I need a fucking drink

My face would have been like %|

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am never going to get a 20 kill game. Half the server dies in the first 30 seconds of the game.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Figures. When we duo we are fine no matter how useless the third teammate is. But with a third friend who hasn't played much we struggle a lot.

Yup. Trios is way harder unless you've got atleast one star player on your team (which definitely ain't me). Duos seems like the best way to win matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.