Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
What if they buffed melee to 35 damage? 4 hits to down someone is an eternity especially if they pick up a gun. I've been downed so many times midswing.

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo. :P

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What if they buffed melee to 35 damage? 4 hits to down someone is an eternity especially if they pick up a gun. I've been downed so many times midswing.

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo.
Dunno about that, the very least they have to remove the auto aim and lunge from melee then.
Its already very strong because of those 2 things, its hard to hit people who "warp" around when they melee spam you.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
Had a hilarious 4D chess win last weekend, should have clipped it. It all went down South at Water Treatment. Our team didn't encounter anybody until the top 3 so we were decently looted up and all of us were alive. We rush into the building as two other teams are already duking it out. When I enter from East somebody shoots at me from behind. There's this room with the rope going up and the water below, so I hop on the rope, but immediately jump down and hide instead. Guy thinks he's following me but I damage him greatly as I run to a different building instead now. One of our teammates goes down. I enter another building from South and manage to down a guy who was busy shooting someone else. I leave him be and move towards the middle. Bit more battling goes down, it's ultimately us two against an unclear amount of enemies, not more than two as the guy I downed died in the meantime. There's a guy on one of the glassed corridors on the upper floor, I act like I don't see him and run a different corridor, then turn back and shoot him. He retreats to heal up, I push forward, but he damages me hard so this time it's me retreating. Another exchance of bullets, another bit of healing up, when I retreat I hide in a corner. Guy follows me but goes down the stairs thinking that's where I went, I manage to shoot him again but still not dead, but I need to patch up again, too. While I'm healing up, my teammate was waiting below the stairs and finished off the guy.

Should have clipped it, it was pretty fun and tense. We won the match with 2 kills.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, they stealth released the game. So I should imagine any battlepass could potentially be a video with a 'available now' at the end.

I appear to be getting half decent randoms today. They can't shoot for shit, but they're doing their best to revive, run away from danger and ping enemies/weapons, which is all I want. I don't want pros, I just want players with common sense.

I've enjoyed it today.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
man, these hackers are no Joke. Just made a video of one in my last game....I was susp as hell as to how he was so quick to headshot me down, I had to "observe" him, and low and behold....this guy was super hacking. dude was going for Mendo's kill record almost lol.

This is so fucking pathetic. What a loser. It also speaks volumes when you have 7+ spectators watching you before you STOP cheating at the end. That dude probably is using a burner account though since he only had 50 kills on it with default banners and skins. I figure if he averages 20+ kills a game, that must be an alt account. Ban his ass!!!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I will never understand hackers. It's the equivalent of winning the Olympics 400m track event but you get to participate on a motorcycle.

Do you think they celebrate at the end when they win?

It's weird as fuck.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand hackers. It's the equivalent of winning the Olympics 400m track event but you get to participate on a motorcycle.

It's weird as fuck.
They mostly do it to ruin other peoples fun, not to make themself feel good for winning.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
man, these hackers are no Joke. Just made a video of one in my last game....I was susp as hell as to how he was so quick to headshot me down, I had to "observe" him, and low and behold....this guy was super hacking. dude was going for Mendo's kill record almost lol.

“like a bitch”, huh?

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

It's weird as fuck.
I got squadded with 2 guys who tried to kill us all by landing in the ocean.

I managed to land just on the edge of the land while they both plundged to their deaths

But instead of DCing, they both hung around for like 10 minutes screaming into the mic and pinging like mad at everything. Im sure they were both using macros to be super dickheads

I just muted them and kept playing since they were so annoyed

But it pissed me off 😑

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Was this Lifeline using some sort of warp/strafe hack or were they just lagging a huge amount? I hit them at least 3 times with the Mastiff and I still lost the battle.

jviggy43

Oct 28, 2017

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo. :P
Nah. Melee shouldn't be something thats easy to pull off and compared to some other BR games isn't all that long anyway. 4 hits is fine.

jviggy43

Oct 28, 2017

Its amazing how bad this player is. Like you can just tell by him not realizing to heal in several situations, taking the balloon jump right into a cliff, forgetting to fucking reload and almost losing a 1 v 1 when youre hacking, etc. Fucking PATHETIC.

And still no info about Battle Pass? Maybe the rumored march 12 was not true.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had one good match today... I kinda want to stop playing this game, a lot of the teammates you get suck out most of the fun out of it.

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had one good match today... I kinda want to stop playing this game, a lot of the teammates you get suck out most of the fun out of it.
And the worst thing is that it's a two-way street. I'm not the best player and it's very disheartening for people who play 6 hours a day to call you "useless" or "stupid" or much, much worse, even though you honestly and simply try to get better.

Without ranked or other trainig modes, both good players who are very eager to win and mediocre players who are still getting to grips are ruining each other's game ...

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing to counter hackers is to find out it early in the game, see if the banner have some numbers like 1000 headshots + 500 kills or something and/or if you see somone dominate in killfeed ungodly amount.
Then the best bet is to listen and see killfeed and try to know where he is at what times
When you are about to fight him, probably in the last top3 teams, find some place with lots of building or cover and try to out smart him with grenades and stuff.

Thats how it works in every game with cheaters, cheaters are terrible players, you just have to outsmart them.
Didn’t know it was that simple. By golly folks. i think we’ve finally solved the age old dilemma of hackers. Just gotta outsmart em!

We also have to use our 6th sense or our own hacks to know where he is at what times. Because the killfeed definitely does not provide that info.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Didn’t know it was that simple. By golly folks. i think we’ve finally solved the age old dilemma of hackers. Just gotta outsmart em!

We also have to use our 6th sense or our own hacks to know where he is at what times. Because the killfeed definitely does not provide that info.
Maybe he was just offering some of the only ways you can still have a chance in that situation instead of just guess_ill_die.jpg.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
And the worst thing is that it's a two-way street. I'm not the best player and it's very disheartening for people who play 6 hours a day to call you "useless" or "stupid" or much, much worse, even though you honestly and simply try to get better.

Without ranked or other trainig modes, both good players who are very eager to win and mediocre players who are still getting to grips are ruining each other's game ...
True. They do have different matchmaking when you're in a premade squad of three, they just need to work on matchmaking when you queue solo.

Triscuitable

Oct 27, 2017

Melee in Blackout is problematic due to how the Brawler perk and Bowie Knife both turn a decidedly non-melee, long-TTK battle royale experience into an “I hit you once and you’re downed” situation. And that’s a BR without teleporting melee.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
Had a fun match where we killed two enemies of the final team in and on a building. The last guy tried to hide and outsmart us, but it didn't work out too well.

He took it well, too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit. Just saw a dude on X1 with 11,186 Kills. How is this even remotely possible? Doesn't Dizzy on PC only have like 10K? His other two buddies had over 2500 which is pretty high but 11K is absurd. Maybe there are cheaters on the X1?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I did it. I think I'm finally burned out. One game and I had my fill for today. I am free!

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I decided for shits and giggles to try playing the game with a XBO gamepad on PC and I find myself getting WAY more kills. I guess it's because with mouse aiming I tend to overcorrect my aim or just not have a stable aim but with the gamepad with a lower sensitivity I'm getting knocks and kills left and right. Even got Kill Leader with it. Love using the Tripletake with it too. Super stable long distance aiming.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I decided for shits and giggles to try playing the game with a XBO gamepad on PC and I find myself getting WAY more kills. I guess it's because with mouse aiming I tend to overcorrect my aim or just not have a stable aim but with the gamepad with a lower sensitivity I'm getting knocks and kills left and right. Even got Kill Leader with it. Love using the Tripletake with it too. Super stable long distance aiming.
I might do this the next time I play on PC. If only because I haven't quite settled on a comfortable button layout on there yet.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have you tried lowering your mouse sensitivity then?

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love when nobody lands where you land but there are still people there. They gotta fix this shit.
Yea idk if its intentional or not, but im assuming not being that you’re able to look around when you’re dropping. So they need to fix people dropping visibility to be accuarate whether they are dropping near you or not

G-DannY

Oct 28, 2017
Rome (Italy)
as far as I know, using gamepad on PC enables aim assist

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm on Solar Bears twitch channel and he literally players 10+ hours a day and yet "only" has 800 followers.
Zodiiac is doing close to 8+ a day and only has 300 followers.

Please explain to me how putting that much time into a game is worth it?
Explain to me how was reading your comment worth my time?
People obviously like different things. Also its not all about "if I dont get 100 followers each week playing this game, its not worth it"

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love when nobody lands where you land but there are still people there. They gotta fix this shit.
Is this a confirmed bug? Because there was a few times the last few nights where I was pretty sure nobody dropped where we were and then I ran into a full squad. And just thought I was dumb and didn't see em. So it'd be good to know that's actually a thing.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Explain to me how was reading your comment worth my time?
People obviously like different things. Also its not all about "if I dont get 100 followers each week playing this game, its not worth it"
You can deem it not worth your time just how I can deem it not worth the time.
Relax. I just don't see how putting over 80 hours a week into streaming is worth the time investment if you're not seeing steady growth.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can deem it not worth your time just how I can deem it not worth the time.
Relax. I just don't see how putting over 80 hours a week into streaming is worth the time investment if you're not seeing steady growth.
I mean streaming might not be their main priority, they can just stream on background for fun and who knows what if they have net/hardware for it anyway.
Im sure there is many reasons for people to stream.
Also growing as streamer is really hard I would assume.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I mean streaming might not be their main priority, they can just stream on background for fun and who knows what if they have net/hardware for it anyway.
Im sure there is many reasons for people to stream.
Also growing as streamer is really hard I would assume.
I mean it's hard to imagine doing something for that much time without it being your main priority, there's only so much time in a day.
I'm worried about this generation growing up and seeing streaming as their ticket to fame and fortune and dedicating insane hours with nothing to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.