Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I didn’t record it and I’m never gonna top it.

Landed as pathfinder and ran around with no gun in the beginning. Guy comes up to me starts shooting. I start punching. He goes to jump off the building and I throw my grapple. It barely catches his head as he drops down. Pulls him back up. I punch him and kill him.
Your opportunity to do a cheesy edit that includes Scorpion's "Get over here!" is gone!

The game has been out a month and people are complaining about being burned out? There is no reason for them to rush a half-baked battlepass and if they need to take an extra week or so to make it right then so be it.
I'd be burnt out too if I spent 10 days playing already.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree entirely. Communication alone would mitigate a lot of peoples' frustration. It also doesnt change the fact that the reality isnt going to be kind to this game of this is the pace and communication they're going to take. People lose interest quickly, and there are so many good games to play.
I mean, the game has been out 5 weeks. They comunicated from the get go that March will see the first big update. They already released a new weapon, some cosmetics, QoL changes, etc. in what is just a month. Most multiplayer games are still busy making sure the servers don't shit themselves in the first 2 months, Apex Legends on the other hand already delivered multiple things, and has a couple weeks to deliver on their March promise. There's been hints. They are addressing issues, talking about the changes they are bringing or considering, from the anti-cheat measures to the balance of hitboxes. Not sure why you're acting they are in radio silence and aren't doing anything, at this timeframe they are still well ahead of the curve.

jviggy43

Oct 28, 2017
The game has been out a month and people are complaining about being burned out? There is no reason for them to rush a half-baked battlepass and if they need to take an extra week or so to make it right then so be it.
Again that's fine. Were just pointing out that this isnt going to be enough to keep the game's popularity where it is.

I mean, the game has been out 5 weeks. They comunicated from the get go that March will see the first big update. They already released a new weapon, some cosmetics, QoL changes, etc. in what is just a month. Most multiplayer games are still busy making sure the servers don't shit themselves in the first 2 months, Apex Legends on the other hand already delivered multiple things, and has a couple weeks to deliver on their March promise. There's been hints. They are addressing issues, talking about the changes they are bringing or considering, from the anti-cheat measures to the balance of hitboxes. Not sure why you're acting they are in radio silence and aren't doing anything, at this timeframe they are still well ahead of the curve.
Apex also has server issues to workout, a month in so idk why that example got brought up. I never said they weren't doing anything or are in radio silence dont put words into my mouth.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
A gold box seen from a distance is like a giant spotlight for other teams. It probably wasn't what he had in mind but looting it before reviving you was the correct play.
Ah yes, gold boxes can be seen through walls apparently. :D We were in the area next to swamps (forgot the name) inside a building. So it was more loot greed than what you're saying. I would've agreed otherwise.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
Again that's fine. Were just pointing out that this isnt going to be enough to keep the game's popularity where it is.
Well, the people who have hundreds of hours in and are burnt out by the post-level-100 grind are a minority. Destiny was also a grindfest for me after a few days, but I spent about 200 hours on it in just over 2 weeks, you do the math on that. Like in Fortnite, there's people who finish the pass 3 weeks early and then just play for shits and giggles or move to other games while waiting for a new season. There's no ideal way to keep the grinders entertained without making it feel that the players who only play an hour per day are missing out on all the content.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Apex also has server issues to workout, a month in so idk why that example got brought up. I never said they weren't doing anything or are in radio silence dont put words into my mouth.
Again, we don't know the extent of the battlepass yet so maybe wait until we get more details before proclaiming doom and gloom for Apex?
Not everyone has played the game for 200+ hours yet so the popularity is still there as the games population is constantly increasing at an insane rate.

Dan Longman

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ok probably a silly question but can someone explain to me exactly what a battlepass is and how it works?
I know DOTA has them but I never looked into them so only have a very basic understanding of them.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok probably a silly question but can someone explain to me exactly what a battlepass is and how it works?
Seasonal based progression system.
Basically if you buy one during the season and then do a bunch of challenges or whatever associated with the battle pass you earn unique rewards. Then the next season starts and you buy the new battle pass for it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
On PC, is it a known issue where the game fails to start? The banner displays and the anti-cheat loading bar finishes, but nothing happens. I have to restart my PC to fix it.

jviggy43

Oct 28, 2017
This is not going to be the battle pass announcement. It just says that some guys will be playing with Caustic and some giveaways.
This is fucking hilarious if its true. How they could be so oblivious...like at least preface this that it wont be the battlepass so people dont get pissed (and then also give a date which shouldn't be hard to do at this point)

Dibs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they raise the lvl cap as well, I've been sitting on 100 for what seems like forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This is fucking hilarious if its true. How they could be so oblivious...like at least preface this that it wont be the battlepass so people dont get pissed (and then also give a date which shouldn't be hard to do at this point)
I can see it both ways.

On the one hand, the devs have never talked about releasing anything on March 12th. Their official channels like Twitter don't even mention this stream happening as of yet. Just because we all want it to happen, doesn't mean it is going to/should, and everyone's hype is based on nothing they have actually come out and said. If they feel the need to respond to every rumour, it gets complicated pretty quickly in terms of setting expectations to always respond to rumours.

On the other hand, yeah, they've clearly seen the rumours and had fun poking at them in the past with a developer's reddit post. It's always good to set expectations so that people don't start tuning out of these streams out of frustration

That said, I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. My expectation is that this stream isn't going to be *just* a stream and giveaways. Because of the focus on Caustic, and because Caustic is one of the biggest problem characters right now (and has been identified as getting buffs), this may be showing off those balance changes for future release, or for immediate release. Or maybe they just play with him and talk about how things will soon be different.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If that stream is nothing than some random gameplay and giveaway its gonna be a big mess :D

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have to know all eyes are on them. They know these leaks(?) have been surfacing since the beginning of the month. Hoping for a bamboozle but if there’s no info today at all then sad hours ahead.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This stream seems very highly produced to just be showing "random gameplay."

At a minimum I think this will address potential balance changes and the best case scenario is the formal battle pass announcement, IMO.

Stream is two UK based EA employees playing the game. I retract my previous statement.

They pulled that within about 15 minutes.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the stream seems like a bad idea, the chat is a nightmare lol. Nobody is paying attention to the stream, it's just people clamoring for the pass.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Status
Not open for further replies.