• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg

Welcome back to the Frontier, Pilots Legends.

Genre: Hero based Battle Royale
Download Size: 31.66 GB (Xbox One), 23.01 GB (PS4), 22 GB (PC)
Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: February 4th, 2019
Price: Free-to-Play* (*cosmetic items acquired through in-game or paid currency, new Legends acquired through in-game or paid currency, cosmetic loot boxes acquired through in-game or paid currency, Battle Pass)

- WHAT IS IT? -
Apex Legends is a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

- WHAT IS IT IN NON-PR SPEAK? -
Apex Legends is a squad based Battle Royale FPS developed by Respawn Entertainment. Set in the Titanfall universe, you and two other teammates work to be the last squad standing while utilizing character abilities that do not include Titans or wall-running.

- LEGENDS -
apex-legends-shooter-free-to-play-respawn-entertainment-titanfall-re3.jpg

Bangalore - Professional Soldier
Born into a military family where she, her parents, and her four older brothers all served in the IMC Armed Forces, Bangalore has been an exceptional soldier since she was young. She was top of her class at the IMC Military Academy and the only cadet who could take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a Precision Choke hop-up, and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded.

Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher - Fire a high-velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
Passive Ability: Double Time - Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder - Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.

Bloodhound - Technological Tracker
Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen – and that's about all anyone knows. Their identity is a mystery wrapped in layers of rumors: they are fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who's doing the whispering.

Tactical Ability: Eye of the Allfather - Briefly reveal hidden enemies, traps, and clues throughout structures in front of you.
Passive Ability: Tracker - See tracks left behind by your foes.
Ultimate Ability: Beast of the Hunt - Enhances your senses, allowing you move faster and highlighting your prey.

Caustic - Toxic Trapper
Before there was Caustic, a scientist named Alexander Nox worked at Humbert Labs, the Frontier's leading manufacturer of pesticide gases. With a glut of pesticides needed to protect the growing Frontier colonies' crops, Humbert Labs was constantly on the hunt for better and stronger formulas. Nox was one of their brightest scientists and worked day and night developing new gases. But to make sure they worked, he needed to test them on more than just inert tissue: he needed something living.

Tactical Ability: Nox Gas Trap - Drop canisters that release deadly Nox gas when shot or triggered by enemies.
Passive Ability: Nox Vision - Allows you to see enemies through your gas.
Ultimate Ability: Not Gas Grenade - Blankets a large area in Nox Gas.

Gibraltar - Shielded Fortress
Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father's motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.

Tactical Ability: Dome of Protection - Throw down a dome-shield that blocks attacks for 15 seconds.
Passive Ability: Gun Shield - Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming fire.
Ultimate Ability: Defensive Bombardment - Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a marked position.

Lifeline - Combat Medic
Ajay Che, aka Lifeline, isn't someone you would expect to find in the Apex Games. Once the child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she learned of the damage her family had caused and enlisted in the Frontier Corps, a humanitarian organization that aids Frontier communities in need. She's since devoted her life to helping others and joined the Apex Games to fund the Frontier Corps with her winnings.

Tactical Ability: D.O.C. Heal Drone - Call your Drone of Compassion to automatically heal nearby teammates over time.
Passive Ability: Combat Medic - Revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by a shield wall. Healing items are used 25% faster.
Ultimate Ability: Care Package - Call in a drop pod full of high-quality defensive gear.

Mirage - Holographic Trickster
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he poured over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went MIA during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.

Tactical Ability: Psyche Out - Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.
Passive Ability: Encore! - Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for five seconds when knocked down.
Ultimate Ability: Vanishing Act - Deploy a team of Decoys to distract enemies while you cloak.

Pathfinder - Forward Scout
Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.

Tactical Ability: Grappling Hook - Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
Passive Ability: Insider Knowledge - Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring's next location.
Ultimate Ability: Zipline Gun - Create a zipline for everyone to use.

Wraith - Interdimensional Skirmisher
Wraith is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality — but she has no idea how she got that way. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end. Despite nearly driving her insane, once she started to listen and trust it, the voice helped her harness her newfound power of void manipulation and escape the facility.

Tactical Ability: Into the Void - Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.
Passive Ability: Voices from the Void - A voice warns you when danger approaches. As far as you can tell, it's on your side.
Ultimate Ability: Dimensional Rift - Link two locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing your entire team to use them.
- MAP -
apex-legends-full-map.jpg

- FAQ FROM RESPAWN -
Where can I download Apex Legends?
Apex Legends can be found at the following stores:
Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play Apex Legends?
Yes, you need an Xbox Live Gold account to play Apex Legends on Xbox One.

Do I need PlayStation® Plus to play Apex Legends?
No, you do not need PlayStation® Plus to play Apex Legends on PlayStation® 4.
Can I play with a controller on PC?
Yes, Apex Legends officially supports the Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 controllers on PC.

2. Gameplay
What do I get when I increase my Player Level? What is the maximum Player Level?
Players can increase their Player Level by earning XP from playing matches. Each time a player levels up, they will earn rewards like an Apex Pack, Legend Tokens, or both.
Player Level caps at 100. After reaching Level 100, players can earn additional Legend Tokens by gaining enough XP during matches.

How are characters balanced? Will characters get nerfed and buffed regularly?
We strive to keep our characters as balanced as possible across a variety of factors. We look at metrics such as win rate, pick rate, winning squad composition, average kills per game, etc. across skill tiers. Our goal is to make sure each character offers a different strategic playstyle, not a more powerful playstyle. We will regularly adjust character balance in pursuit of healthy game balance.

How do I earn a character?
You can unlock new characters in the store by collecting 12,000 Legend Tokens. Earn Legend Tokens by playing standard matches.

How are you handling cheaters?
We take cheating very seriously, employ a variety of methods to prevent it, and will take action on EA Accounts that violate the User Agreement. Apex Legends utilizes Easy Anti-Cheat from Kamu (an industry-leading anti-cheat service) on PC, and the built-in anti-cheat features available on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4.

Our goal is to make Apex Legends fun and fair for all our players. If you think you have discovered someone cheating please visit this EA Help article to learn more about reporting.

Will you be adding more maps?
Our focus is on the Kings Canyon map for now, but we may introduce new maps in the future.

Does Apex Legends support cross-platform play?
We currently don't support cross-platform play, but are always working on new features and improvements we can add to our game.

3. Apex Packs
What are Apex Packs?
Apex Packs are packs of cosmetic items or crafting currency available in Apex Legends. They will never include any items that offer a gameplay advantage (there is no way to purchase a gameplay advantage in Apex Legends through any mechanic).

Can I earn Apex Packs?
Yes, Apex Packs are often given as rewards for reaching a new Player Level. You can earn a total of 45 Apex Packs from Player Levels 1 – 100.

What are the drop rates for items of a specific rarity in an Apex Pack?
Probability of at least one:
  • Rare or better item: 100%
  • Epic or better item: 24.8%
  • Legendary item: 7.4%
How is probability for Apex Pack drop rates calculated?
Apex Pack probabilities are calculated by simulating the opening of a large number of Apex Packs. We will re-run this process for any update where the rarity drop rates change and update our players accordingly.
Will Apex Packs contain duplicate cosmetics?
No. Cosmetic items you already own are not eligible drops when an Apex Pack is opened, so you'll never receive duplicates of cosmetics you already own. Crafting Metals may always drop within a given rarity tier, regardless of how many you own. If you own all of the items of a given rarity tier, you'll receive Crafting Metals of that rarity instead.

Will Apex Packs have bad luck protection?
Yes! Bad luck protection is available for Legendary items in all Apex Packs. Bad luck protection means that a player cannot open more than 30 Apex Packs without receiving a Legendary item.

How does the Bonus Heirloom set work?
Apex Legends currently has one bonus Heirloom Set available, which contains three items for Wraith. When a player opens an Apex Pack, there is a <1% probability of an Heirloom Set dropping. Heirloom Set drops do not deduct an Apex Pack from your inventory. Heirloom Sets cannot be crafted with Crafting Metals. A player cannot open more than 500 Apex Packs without receiving an Heirloom set (assuming the player does not own all of the available Heirloom Sets). Once a player owns all of the Heirloom Sets, the player will not be eligible for this bonus until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.

4. Battle Pass
What is the Battle Pass?
The Battle Pass is a seasonal system that rewards players with exclusive cosmetic items. These rewards are a mix of exclusive seasonal cosmetics and Apex Packs. Every player can unlock some of these items each season through normal play; those who choose to purchase the Battle Pass can earn everything available that season, around 100 different rewards.

Do I keep everything I've earned with Battle Pass once the Season ends?
Yes, everything you earn with the Battle Pass is yours to keep, even after the Season is over.
Do I get Legends by purchasing a Battle Pass?
No, Legends will not be included in the Battle Pass. The Battle Pass gives players exclusive cosmetic items and Apex Packs.

How long are Seasons?
Each season will run for approximately three months.

4. In-Game Currency and Shops
Can players spend money in Apex Legends to receive a gameplay advantage?
No. In Apex Legends, we don't sell any items that offer a gameplay advantage. When you enter the Ring, no player will have an advantage based on how much they have spent. Apex is supported primarily by cosmetics and new characters (which can also be earned).

What are Apex Coins?
Apex Coins are a premium in-game currency which can be used to purchase Apex Packs, items in the Rotating Shop, and new Legends.

What are Legend Tokens?
Legend Tokens are currency earned by increasing your Player Level. Legend Tokens can be earned even after reaching max Player Level by earning enough match XP.

What are Crafting Metals?
Crafting Metals are dropped in Apex Packs and can be used to craft specific cosmetic items such as Legend skins, weapon skins, and more.

What is the Rotating Shop?
The Rotating Shop is an in-game destination where you can purchase individual cosmetics and characters. Each item slot in the shop rotates every seven days. There are two sections in the Rotating Shop: Featured and Shop Exclusives.
  1. The "Featured" section includes a curated selection of items. These items, normally only available as Apex Pack drops or unlockable with Crafting Metals, are available for direct purchase with Apex Coins for a limited period of time.
  2. The "Shop Exclusives" section contains exclusive Legendary Recolors that are available for purchase only with Legend Tokens. These items are not available as drops in the core Apex Pack and require ownership of the related prerequisite Legendary item before a purchase can be made.
Neither section of the Rotating Shop will feature Battle Pass items.

How do Legendary Recolors work?
Legendary Recolors are available in exchange for Legend Tokens through the Rotating Shop. Each item slot will rotate every seven days. You must own the prerequisite Legendary cosmetic before purchasing the recolor. The prerequisite Legendary cosmetic will always be available in the shop's Featured section while the exclusive Legendary Recolor is available. The prerequisite Legendary cosmetic can also be acquired as an Apex Pack drop or a Crafting Metal unlock.

Can I get the exact cosmetic item I want?
Yes! Save up enough Crafting Metal currency to unlock the item directly in the Legends or Armory tabs. Alternatively, cosmetic items from the core Apex Pack periodically appear in the Rotating Shop for direct purchase with Apex Coins.

What payment methods do you accept?
You can make purchases through the Xbox Store or PlayStation® Store using any accepted payment method you've used in the past. Making purchases in Origin varies based on your location and currency. For more information about approved payment methods for Origin, check out the "What Payment Methods Can I Use on Origin?" section of the Buying on Origin: Orders and Payment Information article.

6. Troubleshooting
I'm having technical issues, what should I do?

- JIGGLE'S CUSTOM FAQ -
Is this Titanfall 3?
No.

Where is Titanfall 3?
In my heart.

No, seriously!
"The world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not – [Apex Legends] is what we're making." - producer Drew McCoy

What are the DLC plans?
8m22glmj2me21.png

What are the PC system requirements?
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Processor (AMD): AMD FX 4350 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i3 6300 or Equivalent
Memory: 6GB - DDR3 @1333 RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7730
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GT 640
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 22GB

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 5 CPU or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 3570K or Equivalent
Memory: 8GB - DDR3 @1333 RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ R9 290
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 22GB

Is this a thread for me to complain about Anthem or other EA games?
No, but man that exit door sure does look pretty!

- TRAILERS -

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS DISCORD -
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden Content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.
JIGGLE'S NOTE: To join the Discord server, reply to Nicole's post and then refresh the page. The link for the server will then be visible and you will be able to join. If you continue to have any problems, Nicole has generously offered to help via DMs. Don't forget to thank her for setting up the server!

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS CONSOLE CLUBS -
Xbox Club: ApexEra
PlayStation Club: ApexEra

Last edited by a moderator:

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This is the only BR game I've ever actually enjoyed and god damn do I enjoy it.

tank yooz respons

But make Titanfall 3 you fuckers.

g859

Oct 27, 2017
Lifeline in every match, having a blast. Just blew four hours like it's nothing and I was really getting fatigued by BR games as of late. I love the movement/traversal in this game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This game has its hooks in me and I love it.

Is there a Discord group?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to cash in for Mirage (Holo pilot for life in Titanfall 2!), being able to send the holo out to run out to a specific spot is really good, and going cloaked when you ult or get downed for a few seconds is a nice utility.

Still really think they should have kept the movement from titanfall/2 with wall running, double jumping, etc. because this just feels so slow in comparison, even though the gunplay is as smooth as ever. Every other AAA battle royale game has this same boots on the ground style, lean in to the speed and parkour!

creamcake

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Glad to see the battle pass info. I'm down with the fortnite model here.
Really loving this game. I got Caustic with that 1000 coins you get for having Access Basic and holy hell he's tons of fun. I turn every battle into my own little arena.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I wonder if Respawn will add a solo mode. The way the game is currently designed with its heroes I don't think they will.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Loving what little I've played, it's the first BR game that really clicks for me. Excited to see how the world evolves in the coming months!

you

Oct 28, 2017
This game is super fun. Best BR I've played, so far. Respawn deserves a hit.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there cross platform progression? Wondering if it's worth downloading the PS Plus pack at some point if I'm only going to play on PC

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to set the mini map to rotate? I've played too much blackout.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yes.

Doing okay on PS4, getting absolutely wrecked on PC, though. Woof.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Fortnite never had me like this game does
I have like 100 hours of PUBG and I don't think that's got me as bad as this one does
Respawn has the juice

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Pathfinder is so fun but every time I pick him I feel bad I can't really contribute any abilities to team synergy besides a zip line every now and then.

creamcake

Oct 25, 2017
How does this game feel to play? TF2 was frenetic bliss. This?

Not as insane as TF2, but I think it makes CoD Blackout feel rough around the edges. Super slick AAA cod/tf style gunplay. It's really easy to "forgive" the lack of movement options coming from TF2 when the rest of the game is so cohesive.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I've been watching streams while downloading and the game looks fucking dope as hell

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues on PS4 with the audio randomly dropping out. One second my gun is making sounds and the next it's completely quiet.

Oct 27, 2017
This game is awesome. Gunplay is super smooth, all the characters seem fairly well balanced, and the map has a variety of unique and fun locations to fight.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still need to try it. Have it downloaded on Xbox but I ended up playing Diablo III all evening. Again. lol

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded in the off chance a couple of my friends actually want to try it out at the same time, but the squad only makes it a lot less likely we'll make the jump to it regardless of how good it is. Still though - curious to check it out at some point.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Damage can feel really inconsistent at times. I did 40 dmg to a guy with a shotgun and then my follow up shot only did 10 and I got tons of hitmarkers on the second shot.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Is there cross platform progression? Wondering if it's worth downloading the PS Plus pack at some point if I'm only going to play on PC

The only thing I've heard is that cross progression is probably a no-go, but crossplay may be possible at some point.

I don't know how credible that is, so someone can correct me if I misunderstood or read incorrect info.

Status
Not open for further replies.