• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
There also seems to be a bug with some camos. I got a epic camo for the Peacekeeper and when I picked one off the ground it had a different camo. I thought I hadn't equipped the epic one but when I went to the weapon in the menu it showed I did.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
The only thing I've heard is that cross progression is probably a no-go, but crossplay may be possible at some point.

I don't know how credible that is, so someone can correct me if I misunderstood or read incorrect info.
I don't they mentioned cross progress, just about crossplay. They said they will look into crossplay.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about buying the Founders Pack just to show support for Repawn for this

Game is so good

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Only other BR I've liked is Ring of Elysium but this blows that out of the water. I'm in boys.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I've heard is that cross progression is probably a no-go, but crossplay may be possible at some point.

I don't know how credible that is, so someone can correct me if I misunderstood or read incorrect info.
It's from a Eurogamer interview:

Although cross-play is unavailable at launch, Respawn told Eurogamer it "plans to allow players to play with their friends on other platforms". Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends, "due to the way systems were set up early on" which "can't [be] reconciled after the fact". In other words, as cross-play only recently became a possibility, it will never be fully integrated into Apex Legends.

They also touch on the possibility of a release on Switch and mobile:

As leaked, Apex Legends is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Lead producer Drew McCoy told me that while Respawn would love to bring Apex Legends to mobile and Switch, there's "nothing [they] can currently talk about", so you'll have to dock that handheld for now.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a crazy win tonight, with lots of revives and respawns to my name. This game does so much stuff better than any other BR. I grabbed the Founder's Pack because Respawn deserves the $$$ for this.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me this game is good.
Hope it explodes because the quality and character is there.

The ping features are ingenious.

Dec 14, 2017
I've never played a BR, but I had fun with the little I played so far. Lost every firefight though, and only kill I got was a punch fight right after drop with another player. I would say I am slightly above-average at TF2, but a lot of skills there do not translate to this. Going to take me a while to get alright at this, but I can see the journey being a lot of fun.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
This seems way more polished than blackout to me. The ping stuff is geoundbeaking to me, and you can even ping attachments you need in the inventory menu. Really looking forward to playing more! What a great surprise.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually thrilled to spend some money on this game because I want to support Respawn, but I'm not really that interested in Caustic or Mirage. Has anyone tried them? Any thoughts?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This game feels a lot more consistent to play than other Battle Royale experiences. I feel like the recharagable armour plays a big part in that. In Blackout, if you've lost your armour then it's hard to win head to head gunfights.

Apex Legends has all of the looting elements of other battle royale, but it feels a lot more consistent with what I have available to me at any one time. I pretty much, always have armour, and the guns that I want, plus you selelct a class at the start that really influences your playstyle.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played for a few hours and it's pretty fun, I spent $10 on funny money to get Caustic and I'm happy with the decision cause he's definitely my favorite I've played.

The abilities are all interesting and the game being designed around squads is a nice change of pace in terms of interacting with teammates and enemies. I also like small qol things like sliding downhill, the weapons attachments automatically equipping themselves, and the numerous ping options. Destroying doors is also cool.

The gunplay feels a bit inconsistent so far with some pretty varied ttk and the weapon balance seems a bit weird (I know some br games purposely make some guns bad, but I prefer the Blackout approach where almost everything is decently viable). Some small things that probably won't bother me after I play more are the insane amount of healing/shield items, the throwables seem kinda weak, and the restrictions on the weapon attachments are confusing.

IMO it sits pretty comfortably as the second best/polished br game next to Blackout. Plus it's free and is aesthetically nicer so that ain't nothing to sneeze at. I'll be playing more.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Can't see the invite.

Also, anyone else getting this shit?

GMDcyM8.png

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Guys on PC if the Origin Access month for $1 offer is still active, you can use that to grab Caustic or Mirage, since Access subscribers get 1000 Apex coins.

This seems way more polished than blackout to me. The ping stuff is geoundbeaking to me, and you can even ping attachments you need in the inventory menu. Really looking forward to playing more! What a great surprise.
Need a backpack? Ping its empty slot in the inventory and you character will ask for one.

Need some kind of ammo? Just ping the icon of the ammo type you need in the inventory.

Brilliant stuff.

And some people are all ready to shit on Battle Royale and ask for the fad to end before more good devs got around to releasing their well designed games..

SamuelG

Jul 11, 2018
New Jersey
Played one round as Bloodhound, was my first match. Got behind some enemies and used his ultimate to catch them off-guard in a smoke grenade. Shotgunned three people to death. Got kill leader, won the game for our team.

I think I'll never touch it again. Just to be safe. I don't want to ruin this.

(I've never played a Battle Royale before, but I really enjoyed what I did play of Apex Legends. May give it another shot.)

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post for the link to show up.

Thanks for this! Really enjoying it so far.

On a different note, has anyone gotten the "Link Steam Account" thing to work? It says it works, but doesn't seem to stay linked...and none of my Steam friends show up.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Played two games tonight. Killed immediately in one and then proceeded to win the other lol.

I like Bloodhound a lot. Can't wait to mess around with the other characters.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always trying to bhop like in titanfall 2... that slanted gun angle when you crouch jump just makes me mechanically try to bhop haha

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
After a few games tonight I can pretty safely say that PUBG, Fortnite and Blackout have nothing to fear from Apex. It's neat and I'm excited for its future but it's not on their level yet.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
Thanks for setting this up!
EDIT: Dont see the link lol.

Where are most people playing btw? PC or PS4? Cant decide where I want to commit.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The first match I played, I was disappointed with the lack of wall running and Titans, then I died to the first guy I met.

I plugged my mic in and played another game. I spoke to some random in the next game, and together we started winning. Everything just fell into place. We managed 7 wins, some of them back to back.

I think the banners around the map are super cool. There was a moment where we were down to 3 vs 3 with another squad, and they were camping in a building decorated with the player banners. They had my team on them. Felt great sniping them while they ran with our banners behind them.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I need press to hold sprinting. The toggle sprinting is throwing me off.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

[Hidden content]

I'd love to join. Game has been so buttery smooth so far. Props to Respawn!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my first time getting first place

FELT AMAZING

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, all I see is "Hidden Content" in brackets. I've experienced this before on the forum, but I'm never sure how to get around it.
Same. the post changed, but now it says you need to reply to see the invite, instead of this post contains hidden content.

EDIT: Try refreshing the page

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I think i like wraith the most. Moving behind enemies with a portal is just so fun

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone briefly explain the revive system and how it differs from picking someone up when they're bleeding out? What are the "rules?"

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Not sure how I feel about Gibraltar right now. That gun shield feels a tad on the over powered side. Annoying fighting against him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.